What titles are in your Netflix/Amazon etc list?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes! (x 4)
At first I thought it was going to be a mammoth monologue, which seemed intriguing because I liked to hear him talk.
It was as if he was trying to understand what had happened, but it could also be the beginning of a brilliant, big fat lie. Personally, I was inclined to believe him because he was so emotional about it. That's how people behave when they've got a lot to lose.
But I didn't know if new evidence would be presented or not, they usually do in these episodes, don't they.

Not that there's anything novel about rape but it's undeniably topical and I feel they managed to cover every angle in this episode.
The "useless" hard evidence, the system being in favour of "passion" (what are the limits?) but also the psychological aftermath of the accusation itself.
And it's not just about facts, it's also very much about people.
The female attorney became a little emotional when she had to advise a potential rapist, and I sensed an unspoken unease amongst the interrogation team.
Is it even possible to be 100% impartial especially when it's so topical?

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes! (x 4)

Phew, I'm relieved you liked it as many times as I did. I really like that they credited the audience with enough intelligence to realise that this story wasn't representative of all rape cases; that just because this accuser was lying, it doesn't have to mean all accusers lie.

The female attorney became a little emotional when she had to advise a potential rapist

I thought her reaction spoke volumes, without her having to say anything at all. There was just so much going on in that little exchange, it was so good.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also interesting to see that the interrogation team was just trying little things, like "you looked at me when you said write it down". Just to make him feel very insecure.
It was a very upside down episode and all the characters were very frustrated, like a therapy session gone wrong. Something had brought them together eventhough they all felt (for different reasons) they weren't supposed to be there.

The character Alex (wonderfully portrayed) was a talkative person and I must admit that I wondered if there was going to be a last-minute twist. Something that would prove that, regardless of the girl's scheme, the rape happened anyway.
I guess shows like The Good Wife has created that twist-within-a-twist-within-a-twist-anticipation. Ha!

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am just about to watch the 1st episode of Ratched with Sarah Paulson, Cynthia Nixon, Sharon Stone and others, created by Ryan Murphy. The reviews have been terrible so far.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am just about to watch the 1st episode of Ratched with Sarah Paulson, Cynthia Nixon, Sharon Stone and others, created by Ryan Murphy. The reviews have been terrible so far.

Any thoughts on this one? Thinking about starting it...

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Any thoughts on this one? Thinking about starting it...
Hello. I only saw about two episodes. The entire thing felt like a forced AHS parody. But you should check it out for yourself. The reactions have been mixed.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Americans.

The Americans ...

I'm coming to the end of Season 2 and I can't quite believe this show had passed me by until recently as it's become a real favourite. The two leads are so good, it doesn't come as a surprise to learn that they're going at it in real life. Shagging that is, not spying.

Screenshot_20200830-120701_Gallery.jpg

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good heavens, what a nail-bitingly, heart-poundingly, vomit-inducingly, fist-in-mouth-jammingly exciting thriller!
The scandals, the schemes, the backstabbing, the betrayal, the shockers...it was almost too much!

Oh...I see youtube has a funny fake-ending.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Good heavens, what a nail-bitingly, heart-poundingly, vomit-inducingly, fist-in-mouth-jammingly exciting thriller!
The scandals, the schemes, the backstabbing, the betrayal, the shockers...it was almost too much!

I enjoyed that one. And I always enjoy looking at Richard Madden.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
IMDB describes it as a political family drama so I guess it's something like The Borgias?
Come to think of it, the name DE Medici sounds familiar.

I have watched the European version of "Borgia" and, to be honest, it was pretty awful. I hope this one is better!

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

And it’s written by the same man who wrote LINE OF DUTY which is just as good only there’s more of it!

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I started watching Schitt’s Creek today just cos everyone seemed so devastated when it ended. It’s like a funny version of Ozark without any of the crime or violence (so far anyway).