What Was Jenna's Problem...?

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Watching season 6 (7 DVD) and I just don't understand Jenna's problem with saying who's Charlie's father.

At this point (when the bough breaks) it's been a few episodes since we saw that bobby is named on the birth certificate and yet she continues to string everyone along.

It really doesn't make any sense at all - just tell him you stupid woman!

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
I absolutely hated Jenna, she was such an annoying character. Everything she did was stupid or annoying. I remember when this was going on and just wanting to smack her.

pete lashmar

Reaction score
I absolutely hated Jenna, she was such an annoying character. Everything she did was stupid or annoying. I remember when this was going on and just wanting to smack her.
Priscilla plays her with so much melancholy and angst. She's ok up to a point before she's kidnapped, but after that she's insufferable for the rest of her time on the show. She's either angry, depressed or just downright rude....and don't get me started on Charlie again....my head will explode :yikey::yikey::yikey:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
Why Katherine didn't just have her killed instead of having Naldo killed and framing her for his murder I'll never know.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
And the stupid depressed whiny bitch just never knew when she wasn't wanted. She just hung around Southfork long after she was welcome there. Why the hell did she still live there after Bobby died? I know it was a dream... But she didn't. So why was she there?

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Priscilla plays her with so much melancholy and angst. She's ok up to a point before she's kidnapped, but after that she's insufferable for the rest of her time on the show. She's either angry, depressed or just downright rude....and don't get me started on Charlie again....my head will explode :yikey::yikey::yikey:
I hate Charlie too but at least she brought Brad Pitt home.

pete lashmar

Reaction score
Arh you see that was another tedious thing....Jennnnna.....Jennnna...Naldo's voice is just excruciating!

Justine

Reaction score
Jenna's character would have been a whole lot more bearable with a different actress. Other than that, I found her storyline and relationship with Bobby believable.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I really liked Jenna but agree the first two were better played.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Watching season 6 (7 DVD) and I just don't understand Jenna's problem with saying who's Charlie's father.

At this point (when the bough breaks) it's been a few episodes since we saw that bobby is named on the birth certificate and yet she continues to string everyone along.

It really doesn't make any sense at all - just tell him you stupid woman!
Unfortunately it makes perfect sense, she was stringing Bobby along. She wanted him to believe that Charlie was his, perhaps she wanted to ensure Bobby's continued interest in herself by not yet revealing who the real Father was. :(

pete lashmar

Reaction score
Unfortunately it makes perfect sense, she was stringing Bobby along. She wanted him to believe that Charlie was his, perhaps she wanted to ensure Bobby's continued interest in herself by not yet revealing who the real Father was. :(
Jenna was a shady lady!

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Jenna's character would have been a whole lot more bearable with a different actress. Other than that, I found her storyline and relationship with Bobby believable.

Exactly, Morgan Fairchild portrayed Jenna as the seductive gold digging vixen you could believe Bobby would have been attracted to and Pam would have seen as a real threat to her marriage. It's a shame that Morgan's experience on the show soured her on playing Jenna again when they needed her because her version of Jenna was the best. Francine Tacker did a very respectable job as Jenna #2 and the writers were able to still keep Jenna the way that she was intended to be. With Presley, they had to scramble to adapt the character to her limitations as an actress.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, Morgan Fairchild portrayed Jenna as the seductive gold digging vixen you could believe Bobby would have been attracted to and Pam would have seen as a real threat to her marriage. It's a shame that Morgan's experience on the show soured her on playing Jenna again when they needed her because her version of Jenna was the best. Francine Tacker did a very respectable job as Jenna #2 and the writers were able to still keep Jenna the way that she was intended to be. With Presley, they had to scramble to adapt the character to her limitations as an actress.
What exactly was it about her experience on "Dallas" that was negative?

Justine

Reaction score
Exactly, Morgan Fairchild portrayed Jenna as the seductive gold digging vixen you could believe Bobby would have been attracted to and Pam would have seen as a real threat to her marriage.
Yeah, I have to say, I didn't like her Jenna but that was mainly because she was how you described - a real threat to Bobby and Pam. I didn't like the second Jenna, however, she was forgettable to say the least because I don't even remember exactly why I disliked her.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
What exactly was it about her experience on "Dallas" that was negative?
She hasn't specified exactly what happened or who it was, but apparently someone in the cast made her feel uncomfortable, it was a very unpleasant experience for her, and she turned down their offer to play Jenna a second time.

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Fairchild was prob the best actress, but that’s not saying much. Tacker was just ugly and Presley stayed WAY too long. When they were doing budget cuts, why wasn’t she the first to go??

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Francine Tacker gave the best performance, but her nose was too big for her hair to have been so flat and parted in the middle. :lol:

Morgan Fairchild (whom allegedly had issues with VP, which is why she didn't return when asked) was, yes, the gold-digging man-eater Jenna was meant to be. But the smugger Bobby of mid-series wouldn't have believably taken to her again.

Priscilla was the least confident actress of the three, but I thought her "softer" Jenna worked well for her first year. But ever since she muttered, "What do you mean, Donna?" near the end of the 83/84 season, her performance didn't work as well anymore. But then, like Lucy, I thought Jenna-Priscilla's weird acting just felt like a neurosis of the character.

If only Miss Tacker had fluffed her hair.

Last edited:

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
She hasn't specified exactly what happened or who it was, but apparently someone in the cast made her feel uncomfortable, it was a very unpleasant experience for her, and she turned down their offer to play Jenna a second time.
Thank you. I recall reading an interview with Morgan Fairchild where she was asked about Patrick Duffy and she said he was a "doll." When asked about working with the costar of another soap she was on in the 80's she just said, "No comment."

When Priscilla Presley's first season began she was in the opening credits, I renember thinking,"Wait a minute. What about the other Morgan(Brittany, that is)?
I wanted her to play a more prominent role, but the TPTB thought differently.

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Please, Fairchild couldn’t hold her own against VP onscreen OR off....

Tacker just didn’t.....look right......