Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
Niki Lauda - To Hell and Back. An updated version of Niki Lauda's 1986 autobiography as a tribute to the legendary triple world champion.

Swami

bmasters9

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
This Just In, a 2003 memoir by Bob Schieffer, former Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter and later famed CBS News Washington correspondent

thisjustin1.jpg
thisjustin2.jpg

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
Behind The Silver Fern - playing rugby for New Zealand.

A wonderful account by many of the great players who have played for the All Blacks down the years.

Swami

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just finished 'Thomas The Tank Engine Discovers His Sexuality'. Wow, what a read. A real eye opener. What happened was Thomas had a bit of a crush on Clarabel The Shunting Engine but Gordon The Main Line Engine wasn't too happy about that because he and Clarabel had been going steady for quite a while. Well, Thomas, who is a bit of a sneaky bastard, altered the time-table so that Gordon mistakenly thought he was pulling the 14-25 service from Sodor to Fatsville. While he was gone on this wild goose chase, Thomas put on his best shirt and went round to see Clarabel and it wasn't long before ........................... well, I won't spoil it. It is available on Kindle and all good bookshops.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
Behind The Thistle - Playing Rugby for Scotland by David Burns and Peter Burns with John Griffiths.

Swami

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals

"A life in which 'Funkytown' by Lipps Inc. was something you simply outgrew seemed like no life at all."

Last edited:

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just finished 'The Brothers Karamazov'. To be honest, there were no pictures in it whatsoever and it was full of big words like 'notwithstanding' and 'ostensibly'. I couldn't make head nor tail of it and I'm pretty clever.

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Maj Sjöwall, one part of the famous crime novel duo Sjöwall/Wahlöö died today at 84. They wrote 10 novels about murder investigator Martin Beck between year 1965 and 1975. I have read 8 of them, so now I put the last 2 at the top of my to read pile.
I've seen all Martin Beck movies. Every single one. :)

RIP, Maj!

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
The Wrestling: The Hilarious True Story of Britain's Last Great Superstars by Simon Garfield.

Swami

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I've been reading some Norwegian crime novels by Jørn Lier Horst. His Wisting series. When it comes to crime stories, I prefer them either "cozy"/fun (Agatha Christie, Bo Balderson, Dorothy Sayers etc) or really realistic and believable, preferably written by someone who knows how police work and the law works. Even written by former or current police officers, lawyers, crime journalists or criminologists. Authors like Jørn Lier Horst, Arnaldur Indriđason, Maj Sjöwall/Per Wahlöö or Leif GW Persson etc.

kenneth

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
I just wrapped up a novel by novelist Shirley Lord called Golden Hill.

About three generations of three rather miserable families set on the island of Trinidad.

Lots of soap opera, rather insipid sex scenes (so many damn nipples) and a scintillating look into the history of the island as it is set during the tumultous decades of 1920-1970.