What was the last book you read?

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (famous 1992 relationship book by John Gray, Ph.D, about the different communication styles of men and women in relationships)

menarefrommars1.jpg
menarefrommars2.jpg

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Writing in an Age of Silence by Sara Paretsky
A collection of essays covering memoir, polemic and. most interestingly for me, the creation of her iconic detective V.I. Warshawski.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
A collection of essays covering memoir, polemic and. most interestingly for me, the creation of her iconic detective V.I. Warshawski.

Heard of the film based on those books, but have neither read the books, nor seen the film-- how good is each?

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just finished The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe. It was okay but I much prefer 'Hamlet' by William Shakespeare. There are no rhyming couplets in it and, frankly, it isn't even written in iambic pentameters. I felt like I wanted to vomit when I realised.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Heard of the film based on those books, but have neither read the books, nor seen the film-- how good is each?
The film plays like a 70s TV pilot - which is not necessarily a criticism in itself but it doesn't capture the tone of the books which, although they do have action scenes, are based more on emotional conflict and social injustice.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
My Life In Red and White by Arsene Wenger.

I've been looking forward to reading this book since I heard he was writing his autobiography. It's an interesting book but Mr Wenger has been very discreet and didn't really reveal many personal stories about what went on behind the scenes and his relationships with his players and other managers. It's still a fascinating read.

There's only one Arsene Wenger!