What was the last documentary you watched?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I have not seen this yet but I do believe animals, domestic pets have an in-depth connection with their owners. Animals know when we are upset or ill or are in distress. A long while ago a friend of mine had done something silly while I was asleep at their flat. Their dog jumped on the bed I was sleeping in, which it never would have done. And started pawing at my face, and licking my face and barking until I got up to see what had happened. The dog was alerting me because it could not waken it's owner. The dog saved it's owners life.

Oh they absolutely absolutely do.

My beloved boy, my cat, is so in tune with me that when I have been going through some very stressful times, it's actually affected him - I've obviously got to the bottom of this and know how to help us both, but we are sooooooooooo close. He's my boy. My love.

My beloved Yorkie who passed last month :( was sad when we were sad, picked up on our moods and could tell us if something was wrong in the house.

No one could ever convince me that animals aren't perceptive. They're more intelligent and sensitive than the majority of humans.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Murder in the Car Park, which has now brought me to the podcast that came first, Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder.

If you haven't heard of this story, ask yourself, why?

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Didn't know anything about him before I watched this but I loved it. What a legend, style icon, and fabulous, trail-blazing earth angel!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don´t know if this should go in the Star Interviews thread, but it strictly is a bio documentary about the amazing Jack Lemmon. Enjoy it!

I watched all of the documentaries on this YouTube channel on a lot of old movie stars and enjoyed every one of them. They are all great.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watched this on Netflix when I had a whopping hangover and just needed aunty Dolly to make everything alright. It worked a treat.

In case you haven’t heard it, the Dolly Parton’s America podcast is the treat of treats.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great doc and it features some astoundingly good dance routines, either starring or choreographed by Bob, or both. What a talent.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just binge watched Mucho Mucho Amor & Dolly: Here I am - both wonderful documentaries.

I had no idea who Walter was but I was really moved by it - a man who gave nothing but love out and was taken in by a money grabbing agent. The fact that the agent actually took part in it just goes to show how stupid the man was.

But poor Walter, I shed a tear or two as his fans showed their absolute love and affection towards him - a great documentary.

As for Dolly, what a great, fun, informative film - will we ever see or know the real Dolly...? I hope not, she's just amazing as she is.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Biography of John Casablancas, founder of Elite Modelling agency and 'inventor of the supermodel'. I really enjoyed it.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Inside The Bruderhof

I found this fascinating, it’s about a very private and self-contained religious community who ignore the modern world and live together without money or owning anything and where no crime occurs. This group live in the Sussex countryside, other identical communities exist in other countries.
It also focuses on Hannah an 18 year old who is questioning her future and shows her experiencing London so she can make an informed choice of what she wants from life.

The only drawback is that this documentary was far too short (approx 40mins) and left me wanting to know more. It would make an ideal documentary series.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
The Kingdom of Us. It's incredible. Vickie Shanks especially.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ace of Wands: A Story With No End.

Like the best Ace of Wands stories, it is a three-parter. Starring Michael Mackenzie, Judy Loe, Tony Selby, Roy Holder and Petra Markham. With Trevor Preston, Pamela Lonsdale, Darrol Blake and Ali Bongo.

The bits where they discuss how series one and two were destroyed is a bit sad. They say that people from Thames came up to the production office to ask if they wanted to keep series one and two. No one was in, because they were on location for series three. So Thames destroyed them. Although it had follow-up episodes up to twelve years after it ended. Nice stories about Sid James and others in regard to having an owl as one of the show’s regular cast. And the problems of having a giant snake on set. And having the BBC suppress playing the theme because it was an ITV show. And how they intended to craft a series around the show’s most memorable villain, played by Russell Hunter and later David Jason in the final follow up. And the producer was made to leave to do Rainbow. Quite fun to see the producer saying the weird decision to recast Russell Hunter’s part of supernatural villain Mr Stabs to David Jason, who she says played it in a very strange way and the casting decision ruined plans for the Mr Stabs spin-off series. And she says Russell Hunter wouldn’t forgive her for it!

Last edited: