What would you name the Carrington Estate?

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
DALLAS had Southfork, and BONANZA had the Ponderosa. But both Linda Evans' series had bland estate names like "The Barkley Ranch" and "The Carrington Estate" and I'm not even sure if those were actually their legal names or just a reference (I thought "Cougar Hollow Ranch" was nice for BIG VALLEY, but then googled the name and it turns out there is one!)

What would you name Blake's estate?

I once tried to combine a snowy locale, a sense of height, an alpine-y tree, and something churchlike. And I eventually had to drop some of that, but came up with "Cedar Abbey" (well before "Downton Abbey" ever existed, I'd like to point out).

Any other ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Cedar Abbey. That has my vote... although I vaguely recall somebody else coming up with another name I liked before the site-crash, but I can't remember what it was. :lol: So I'm sticking with the classic: Cedar Abbey. :D

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Feel free to make up your own names and not go by the list, of course. :)

I would have loved for there to be a chase scene through those woods... I mean seriously, there could have been a *ton* of chase scenes through those woods! :lol: But anyway, back on subject...

Hm, I look at these photos, and I'm getting a "Chateau" vibe... "Chateau Carrington"? Nah, that sounds bleah. How about...

Stagwood Manor
Locust Grove Mansion
Mapplebrook Chateau
Pearlhall Manor
Marble Hill Manor
Ivylane Mansion
Grimwood Chateau
Gracemeadow Mansion
Meadow Brook Estate
Tanglewood Manor
Fireflay Chateau
Eastmeadow Manor
Chestnut Grove Chateau
Cedarvale Chateau
Castlewill Manor
Valenford Estate

(Got all these from a Mansion Name Generator.)

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Roseview Estate

Highwood Hill Manor

Reactions: Ked

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
I would go for a name that resonated with England, especially if the house was a tribute to Alexis when she and Blake first married.

So I think: SUSSEX HEIGHTS or KENT'S ORCHARD or LANCASTER HEIGHTS would be lovely names for the Carrington mansion

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
I would go for a name that resonated with England, especially if the house was a tribute to Alexis when she and Blake first married.

So I think: SUSSEX HEIGHTS or KENT'S ORCHARD or LANCASTER HEIGHTS would be lovely names for the Carrington mansion
Well, the mansion was apparently on Wessex Drive, according to a Season 1 envelope we briefly saw. That's kind of english-y --- or perhaps it was a tribute to Steven (i.e., "wet sex").

We just don't know.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
Well, the mansion was apparently on Wessex Drive, according to a Season 1 envelope we briefly saw. That's kind of english-y.
Wessex was a former county in England, in fact it was a kingdom during or after the Vikings, in a way the name Wessex Hills (rather than drive) would be appropriate for the Carrington mansion, a kingdom hidden away in the mountains of Colorado as it where.

or perhaps it was a tribute to Steven (i.e., "wet sex").

We just don't know.
Think I've broken a few ribs at that! :->

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
I always preferred Manderly. I don't know, probably because season 1 had kind of a "Rebecca" feel to it.
But that would make the first season an out-and-out copy of "Rebecca", and nobody would want that. ^^