• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

What's your fascination

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And I don't mean a hobby or a passion because these are activities we seek to enjoy.
I think a fascination is something that never fails to surprise you, and depending on the subject that can be every day or once a year - and it only happens there and then, it doesn't linger or yearn (like obsessions do).

I've never realized how fascinating the concept of "fascination" is, until I just typed it out.

A fascination can also be an exclusive, one-off experience and this thread is about the recurring experiences.
So...

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What does it say about a person if they can't think of anything? I mean, am I just not feeling anything? Anything, anything at all. Maybe I need a nudge or something.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What does it say about a person if they can't think of anything?
If you need to think about it then there's probably nothing. Zombie-fied, dead-behind-the-eyes-nothing.
But don't worry, you can live a relatively fulfilling life without (a) fascination(s).

:D

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cats and kittens. I don't care to own one because I want to be able to leave for weeks/months at a time without worrying who takes care of it at home, but seeing one in somebody else's house or on the street when I am on vacation and actually pay attention to what is around me stops me dead in my tracks and has me follow what they do until someone snaps me out of it.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find animals fascinating, particularly birds and dogs. Their variety, intelligence and behavior intrigue me.
I'm also fascinated by mysterious and unexplainable phenomena.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I think the Dynasty memes are fascinating. I never get enough of them. I wish the real show had been as interesting as them...

upload_2020-5-31_2-42-48.jpeg

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm fascinated with strange bodily defects. I watch shows like Dr. Pimple Popper, My Feet are Killing Me and Body Bizarre with great fascination. Cysts, lipomas, blackheads, an extra head, giant feet, a tiny toe, extremely rare illnesses etc.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Animals :)

Love them passionately, will defend them passionately. Love them all, but absolutely adore cats, big and small in particular. I would love the opportunity to work with big cats in the wild, rehabilitation, veterinary treatment, etc. Nothing like hearing a beautiful big cat roaring. I'd happily kick that cock Joe Exotic into another atmosphere.

I also deeply love America, and have recently learned all the State nicknames ;)

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I´m also fascinated by a certain pig star. I can´t help loving her, she´s one of the most expressive actresses in history, even more than Meryl Streep!

She´s a business woman too, like Victoria Principal!!​

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I´m also fascinated by a certain pig star. I can´t help loving her, she´s one of the most expressive actresses in history, even more than Meryl Streep!

She´s a business woman too, like Victoria Principal!!​

But does she use fresh melon scent Toni??

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find animals fascinating, particularly birds and dogs. Their variety, intelligence and behavior intrigue me.
I'm also fascinated by mysterious and unexplainable phenomena.

Would mysterious, unexplainable phenomena include believing in something like witchcraft,white magic, black magic, etc? While I wouldn't say it "fascinates"me, the possibility that exists does intrigue me.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Would mysterious, unexplainable phenomena include believing in something like witchcraft,white magic, black magic, etc? While I wouldn't say it "fascinates"me, the possibility that exists does intrigue me.

For me, it's more unexplained disappearances, Bigfoot, and UFO'S.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For me, it's more unexplained disappearances, Bigfoot, and UFO'S.

Actually, there's a whole series of books by a man named David Paulides
detailing the mysterious vanishings and odd phenomena occurring in National Parks all over the world. My favourite stories about the unexplained are the ones that take place in the woods.
How true these stories are I don't know, but if you like to have a shiver down your spine, they're great to read. I just have to keep focused on the mystery aspect of them. Thinking too deeply about the individuals who disappeared, especially the children, is too sad.

Last edited: