• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

What's your favorite Song at the Moment?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I only knew his "Leave Right Now" ballad-hit but I'm definitely going to buy that ECHOES album!

Will Young Re-discovered, from an American perspective. Isn't that great?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I seem to be on a Young roll this week -- and here's his satirical homage of sorts to The Village People/George Michael... it's hysterical but still embarrassing for those not into pudgy, naked middle aged men acting out every fetish they can think of:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
How Not To Drown - Chvrches and Robert Smith
Fan-churchie-tastic

Will Young
I really liked his early stuff and thought Leave Right Now was going to live forever it was that good, but sadly, it became a casualty to the 'overplayed' stock and now constantly sits in the stockroom.

Others that I still enjoy are

Friday's Child

Evergreen

Your Game

And Jealousy that you posted earlier.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I downloaded this in 2018.
It's a little different from the CD-single I bought in 1992. The original version has vocals in the intro "Utah Saints, Utah Saints, Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!"
30 years later and still sounds super-cool! 90s house music forever!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
It's a little different from the CD-single I bought in 1992. The original version has vocals in the intro "Utah Saints, Utah Saints, Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!"
30 years later and still sounds super-cool! 90s house music forever!
I remember when Something Good was released circa '92/93. It was alright I thought, Left it at that. I downloaded it 2018 and promptly forgot about it. Until today when the phone picked it to play. Absolutely brilliant....I got lost in it nearly missing my stop!

Gotta say, I'm rather pleased that the $2 radio seldom steers me wrong!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Friday mornings are my favourite time on Spotify because all the new singles are dropped, waiting and ready for me to explore. It's been an incredible few months with new albums from The Killers, Toyah, The Manics and Sam Fender. I loved both ABBA songs and was shocked at how badly they did on the charts. The mash-up of two classic Elton songs has been a great release, and now Tears for Fears are here with the first single of their long-awaited new album.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
. I loved both ABBA songs and was shocked at how badly they did on the charts. The mash-up of two classic Elton songs has been a great release,
I've only heard "I Still Have Faith in You" but it's a great comeback and genuinely moving. Love the Dua Lipa and Elton John video, too. There's actually a third song. I had to Google it, but "And this is what I should have said . . ." is a line from "Kiss the Bride".

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Blackout Rap Show Freestyle featuring Big L.

It's very good indeed. Big L was a creative MC.