• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

When do you watch the new episodes?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We have it on record at 2am Monday mornings and we wait until we've finished dinner (Monday evening) before settling down to immerse ourselves in the glory of epicness.

A friend of ours sets their alarm for 5am, gets up and watches the episode before going to work.

When do you watch it?

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I'll be watching it with 2 friends together very early at monday morning like in the last 3 weeks, as there is no other way to NOT get spoiled if you wait much longer.:D

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
there is no other way to NOT get spoiled if you wait much longer
I'm not really big on social media, so I do well to avoid any spoilers ( obviously I avoid this forum that day) but I reckon if I left it longer than Monday evening I would be opening myself up spoiling it.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I'm on youtube all day long normally, highly dangerous ground for spoilers. :D

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The minute they're released. Swedish time zone: at 3 a.m. I refuse to accidentally see a spoiler this last season. My schedule + my inner clock allows me to be up all night once a week.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I was curious as to when GoT was available for viewing around the world. I remember seeing the episode last week and seeing within an hour or so some of the European fans discussing the episode. 2 and 3AM, you are very dedicated and it makes me feel bad in a way that you may loose sleep to see this show.

BTW, @Ome I really like your Theon avatar. I was sad to see him and Jorah go last week.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember seeing the episode last week and seeing within an hour or so some of the European fans discussing the episode. 2 and 3AM, you are very dedicated and it makes me feel bad in a way that you may loose sleep to see this show.

Don't feel bad, it's an active choice on our part. I could wait, as I can stream HBO Nordic on laptop or phone from anywhere and at any time. But with this season, I just don't want to risk spoilers.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watch it on Monday evening. I steer clear of anywhere I might see a spoiler, especially YouTube. I remember thinking last week I was so glad I didn't see any spoilers first because the whole thing was so tense and exciting, with almost the whole cast's lives on the line. That feeling that literally anything could happen and having no idea what's coming was crucial to really enjoying the episode.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It took me until this season to watch the episodes almost as they aired at 9 p.m. Eastern. I binge-watched the first three seasons (I had tried to get into it initially but it didn't win me over) and then I watched seasons 4-6 during the week after they aired on Tivo. But I was away from the US for season 7, so I watched all of that after it aired all at once.
With this season I watch it kinda live (I still get to pause it when I want to take a break).

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
BTW, @Ome I really like your Theon avatar. I was sad to see him and Jorah go last week.
He's been a favourite of mine since the beginning. I was gutted he went out of it last episode, but at least he did so with honour.

That's it, I'm jumping straight back out of this forum until I watch episode 4 tonight.

:byebye:

JROG

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Live on HBO. Appointment TV at its best!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We haven't had Sky in a long time now. So I usually don't watch until a few days after. Only two of my close friends watches and I have warned them and work colleges not to spoil anything. I have so far been able to watch without spoilers though so it's been ok.

I didn't start watching GOT when it premiered, it was a well up and running by the time I watched. I think I started it in 2017 or the year prior. A friend bought me the first 2 seasons for Christmas and I watched a season in a day then stayed up almost all night watching the next. Then I got up went into town and bought more seasons. I was instantly hooked on the show and kind of spoiled being able to watch entire seasons in one sitting.

It's amazing that as I was always watching at a pace behind most fans that I never had any spoilers in the entire run of the show so far.

Christine

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watch it on Monday evenings after sun set. I avoid Twitter, Facebook, etc on Mondays. In two weeks I will stay home all day, will switch off my smartphone and won't even watch TV (I am serious about that :D , this is not a joke).
I don't want to watch the big finale in the middle of the night. I could but I prefer not to.

Last edited: