• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

When everything happens at once

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why is that? First nothing, then nothing, then nothing and suddenly everything happens at once.

Last week I was still in summer mode, nothing going on. Then suddenly this week, everything breaks loose. Aunt's husband dies, dad breaks his foot and gets appendicitis. Operation and cast same day. I start working again and my uni course begins as well. But wait, I also must take care of my parents. Dad can't do a thing and mum's back is out. Suddenly I am their care-taker and has to cook, clean, do the dishes and grocery shop for them - when I'm not working, studying or walking the dog of course. Well, of course my BFF's grandma has to end up on her potential death bed too, so I am naturally thinking of them too. And my uncle is recovering from a heart attack.

Oh well, on the bright side, I found out today that I am in direct lineal descendant with a noble family. My grandfather's grandmother's grandfather's father was a spy for the Swedish king Gustav III during the French Revolution, fighting against Napoleon. There's even a book about him and his spy mate. That information sure made my day.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Wow @Emelee - yes I do understand what you mean, I've had bad things happen in sequence as well :(

That's amazing about the Swedish king how exciting!!!!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's amazing about the Swedish king how exciting!!!!

Except, you know, Gustav III is one of the most controversial monarchs in history with the whole coup d'état thing and ended up assassinated.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My ancestor only worked for the king. It was a job. He was a nobleman whose speciality was cartography. That's why the king hired him as his spy.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Things always happen all at the same time. The old saying goes when it rains it pours. Feast or famine all or nothing. All you can do is lift your head and charge on through.
hope your parents recover quickly as well as your uncle! And if your parents get lippy scream off with your heads! Lol

:force:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Things always happen all at the same time. The old saying goes when it rains it pours. Feast or famine all or nothing. All you can do is lift your head and charge on through.
hope your parents recover quickly as well as your uncle! And if your parents get lippy scream off with your heads! Lol

:force:

Oh, I have plans alright. Wicked plans! For all the times they forced me to eat food I didn't like when I was young, they will now PAY. I will only buy and cook food that I like. Heck, I may even buy something I don't really like but know they hate. :lol:

I have been running around like a madwoman today for them. So tonight they get Swedish black pudding with strawberry jam. Absolutely no bacon with it.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Strawberry jam?! It's lingon that's served with bloodpudding...

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh emelee that is evil :devil:

now I’m from the US black pudding please is chocolate pudding because tommie called it blood pudding?:shifty:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh emelee that is evil :devil:

now I’m from the US black pudding please is chocolate pudding because tommie called it blood pudding?:shifty:

It's blood from pig mixed with milk, rye flour, bear, syryp and lard. Sounds like the most disgusting blend possible. But it's quite nice.

Blood is the only intestinal food I like. Liver, kidney, heart, brain etc is not for me.