When Will Season 4 Be On Dvd?

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
It should have been when they uploaded it to itunes.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
The fact that season 3 is Manufactured On Demand tells a tale. There was a lot of remastering work done on the 4th season episodes for a possible DVD release. However the iTUNES format will probably be the only official way to purchase the season, with newbies Gina Lollobrigida; Jane Greer, Kate Vernon, Parker Stevenson, Celeste Holm, Paul Freeman and Anne Archer. Unless of course divine intervention happens.

Morning is well and truly broken, over the valley. The sun is shining brightly, on the millions of grapes around the Falcon Crest mansion. The Channings are saying farewell to Melissa, who has decided to move back to her home place, (a scene from season 4, 1984 - '85):

Chao-Li is giving breakfast to Angela.

Chao-Li: "Is there anything else Mrs. Channing? Excuse me Mrs. Erikson."

Angela smiling at him: "Chao-Li I have been Angela Channing in the business world, for a long time. I'm going back to it in my personal life."

The Chinese gent returns the smile and replies to Angela's statement: "Yes Mrs. Channing."

He heads off to the kitchen.

Emma and Melissa arrive in the dining room.

Angela: "I see you are determined to go through with this."

Melissa: "Indeed. I'm all packed. Everything is in the car."

Melissa then speaks directly to Emma: "Thanks for your help!"

Emma: "It'll be lonesome about here without you."

Angela: "You'll be missed at the family gatherings. It won't be the same without you, Melissa."

Melissa: "Oh I'll always be available for the family gatherings Angela; funerals, shootings, divorces and of course the reading of wills."

Emma looks over at Angela.

Angela: "We will keep you in mind."

Melissa: "I'll be at my father's house. The number hasn't changed.

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Medals
The last word fc.org had on their website about a 4th season release was October 2016, so as Jock Og said divine intervention might be the only way a DVD happens. Lol!

Frederique

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I truly wonder what's the hold-up with these releases.
Why isn't Warner Archive releasing the rest of this series on dvd? Does anybody here maybe have an idea or an update?

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Because the show was increasingly garbage after Season 3 and hardly any one will buy it?
Having said that I would watch S4 if Amazon UK would put it up on their site!

Snarky's Ghost

Soap Chat Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Because the show was increasingly garbage after Season 3 and hardly any one will buy it?
Having said that I would watch S4 if Amazon UK would put it up on their site!
I'd probably buy Season 4 if it became available on DVD, even though CBS basically killed the show 10 episodes before the end of the year. (Earl Hamner implied it was the whim of just one network executive).

Willie Oleson

SoapLand Battles Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
Just like Dynasty's season 4 it managed to capitalize on the show's former glory and allure. Sort of a transition season.

But there's definitely a difference in tone when it comes to criticizing Dynasty or Falcon Crest and I think most if not all FC fans would buy all the DVDs, with the exception of season 9 perhaps. But even then they'd buy it to make the collection complete.
Falcon Crest has a special kind of fandom.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
But there's definitely a difference in tone when it comes to criticizing Dynasty or Falcon Crest and I think most if not all FC fans would buy all the DVDs, with the exception of season 9 perhaps. But even then they'd buy it to make the collection complete.
Some of the most vocal critics (or pretending to be) of DYNASTY own all the DVDs and watch them again and again. Maybe the difference with FC fans is FC fans are more honest? :D

WeldonBallou

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I have it in my Amazon Video Library (Prime essentially). Just recently finished episode 9 of season 4.