• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Where's Marky?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was on IMDB looking up something DYNASTY related earlier and he is indeed still there posting. It seems that some of the people there with whom he is posting are truly awful. I mean idiotically so. I'd rather come back here, even with so much content gone forever. At least you can have an intelligent conversation and be amused.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
:confuse:I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo confused?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can assure you he had no interest in that. However, if the brass contacted him, I would think it'd be difficult not to have a change of heart. I can't see this current concept sitting well with him, though. That's why I'm keen on getting his thoughts.

Regarding Snarky and the other great writers of the board, whom, apparently, had no interest in writing or pitching their own reboot, I was never quite sure whether that was false modesty or a genuine lack of ambition where these things are concerned. I do remember thinking it was unfortunate for people who are so talented in this area to have no desire to try their hand at it, though.

I don't know... Snarky did start that "How would you re-write the series" thread, and he came up with a TON of great ideas (granted, some weren't so great, but hey, that's what can be said for *all* great writers; that comes from being human ;)).

It is rather interesting, too, that just as the news finally breaks of a reboot series, the entire board (full of ideas, fanfiction, and reboot pitches for a new Dynasty series, written by fans,) crashes irreparably. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But damn.

Hence why I started that rumor. ;) Bwahahahahahaaa...

I had also thought about that. Then I thought I was being crazy. Do two crazies make a right?

It might. Look what the Shapiros and the Pollocks were able to create. ^^

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was on IMDB looking up something DYNASTY related earlier and he is indeed still there posting. It seems that some of the people there with whom he is posting are truly awful. I mean idiotically so. I'd rather come back here, even with so much content gone forever.

Good to know he's still around. :)

I'd rather come back here, even with so much content gone forever. At least you can have an intelligent conversation and be amused.

Awww. :mall:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Confused as in, blinking eyelashes and a quivering lower lip?lol

upload_2016-11-11_19-30-39.jpeg

"Anyone called me...?"​

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
Come back, Snarky Marky! I know you must be reading this, no matter how disgusted you must be by the idea your 40,000+ posts are gone for good. For the love of God and Dynasty, come back!

I was mean to you earlier this year and I'm very sorry about that, but it's only because I have these batshit crazy moments when I get unhinged. Just ask alexis and the OP. :D But it's nothing personal, I assure you.

I think you're incredibly smart and insightful and witty and lovely and I miss you very much as do the others. Continue to ignore me all you want, just do come back. Pretty please. :(

(And if Crimson came back, that'd be awesome, too.)

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I for one don't miss reading about the Static Acting Directive, Ed Ledding as Season 2's saviour, the overhyped David Paulsen and the brilliance of Season 9. I liked the Crystal Skull plot though.

Now if James from London disappeared, that would be a far greater loss. BTW is there anyway to reinstate James' Re-watching threads which ended just before the end of Season 5?

Dwayne MegaCooley

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I miss Tommie from Sweden. Most of his lame topics turned into great discussions. He didn't say very much...apart from calling other people skank b*tch-wh*res, which often resulted in even better discussions.

Don´t worry about it, Willie! You can call me Tommy if this turn you on. Besides, who can be closer to you than me...?

:love: