Which 5 countries would you choose?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Let's say that you were forced to leave your country (for whatever reason). You were told that you can make a list of 5 countries where you could imagine living in. Then the authorities put you on a plane to one of these countries.

Which 5 countries would be on your list of choices?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Then the authorities put you on a plane to one of these countries.
Oh my god.

1. America (but only San Francisco)
2. Luxembourg (I think they only live in castles and that's just fine with me)
3. Canada (preferably a place where it's always autumn)
4. Norway (not Sweden because I don't want to be stalked by tommie)
5. Ireland (in a cosy cottage with a handsome redhead who's playing seafare anthems on his fiddle)

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd stay in Europe.

1. Denmark (much rather Denmark than Norway. Denmark is cool, Norway is boring - IMO, of course)
2. Iceland (the landscape is magical, but it would take me at least two decades to learn Icelandish)
3. England (a quaint English cottage in a village with a nice local pub would be very nice)
4. France (I am fascinated with how to be a Parisian woman, afterall)
5. Germany (terrific country with lots of fun people who knows how to party without worrying about looking silly)

If I were to go outside Europe, I might choose the American north-east coast.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This is a strange one. There are places in the world I have been and enjoyed and yet have no desire to live there. There are places in the world I have never been but I know I have no desire to live there.

1. Spain (but coastal Spain only I think. Nice weather and it's old enough to have history and things of interest as well)
2. France (I've never been but I could see myself in a little French village where the locals hated me because I couldn't speak the language but I don't care because, wine and bread and cheese)
3. Italy (southern Italy though, I guess I like the Mediterranean, again, nice weather nice food)
4. Sweden (maybe it would appeal to my sometimes melancholic mood, they have long dark winters? I could wonder the streets singing heart-breaking ABBA songs)
5. The Canary Islands (It's always nice there! And it's like Spain but not, I've had some great holidays there)

I guess living on an Island I am drawn to water and the coast which I hadn't realised before. I don't like vast countries where you are stuck inland. The American mid-west would probably suffocate me.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Good idea. They have those picturesque small towns like Peyton Place and Cabot Cove.
See I think I would love that but then that's not really America it's Hollywood east coast and the reality isn't half as appealing.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have lived in three different countries which I call home, speak the language, and even have a passport just in case (though technically one of them frowns upon me having any others). So, I am good.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But TV also shows Roseanne Barr's family, I believe they live in Delaware.
I actually spent a week in Delaware when I was 10, while on a 6 week holiday to Pennsylvania. It was a holiday inside a holiday. It was a nice little seaside town with a boardwalk and all. Roseanne wasn't set in Delaware, it was in Delaware St in Illinois.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why do the Americans always confuse us with these interchangeable city/county/state names?
You mentioning Delaware and then me remembering being there made me realise that I was there exactly 27 years ago! I celebrated my 10th birthday there and it will be my 37th birthday on Sunday. That's a bit weird.