Which 5 countries would you choose?

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
You mentioning Delaware and then me remembering being there made me realise that I was there exactly 27 years ago! I celebrated my 10th birthday there and it will be my 37th birthday on Sunday. That's a bit weird.
No weirder than leaving Pennsylvania to go to Delaware as further vacation...

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Why did you go there, there's no Disneyland or anything.
Because war Willie I had to get away from the bombs. :) It was like this program where they sent kids from Northern Ireland to America during the Troubles. I had to go live with this family and they thought I was like literally living in a warzone. I wasn't. I had a relatively normal childhood. But they were nice enough and we did all the American things. I saw New York and Philadelphia and went to baseball games and got heat stroke and fainted in church. It was an adventure.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
I saw New York and Philadelphia and went to baseball games and got heat stroke and fainted in church. It was an adventure.
I fainted in church in Greece once--when we went there with the whole school. And there was no heat. It was just enough for me to get the nickname "Damian" for the rest of the year.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
I fainted in church in Greece once--when we went there with the whole school. And there was no heat. It was just enough for me to get the nickname "Damian" for the rest of the year.
lol! They knew I was Catholic and thought I would be missing church. So they took me to mass and it was like nothing I had ever seen. It was a full on gospel choir church thing and it was the hottest day of the summer and I guess it was all a bit too much. That was the one time they took me to church. I got heat stroke.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
lol! They knew I was Catholic and thought I would be missing church. So they took me to mass and it was like nothing I had ever seen. It was a full on gospel choir church thing and it was the hottest day of the summer and I guess it was all a bit too much. That was the one time they took me to church. I got heat stroke.
When I lived in the US South, a friend of mine took me to a Baptist church (First Baptist, which she seemed to think was important to know) to see what service was like. I spent the whole almost two hours waiting to hear a single passage from the Bible. In the end, I had heard more on DYNASTY than that day.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
1. USA my love
2. France - I speak French and it’s near Disney
3. Germany - love it there
4. Italy
5. Denmark - never been but hear good things

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
They would be the five countries of choice, combination of scenery, food etc.

Choice of food you say?

Are you getting tired of cooked ham and beetroot?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Because war Willie I had to get away from the bombs. :) It was like this program where they sent kids from Northern Ireland to America during the Troubles. I had to go live with this family and they thought I was like literally living in a warzone. I wasn't. I had a relatively normal childhood. But they were nice enough and we did all the American things. I saw New York and Philadelphia and went to baseball games and got heat stroke and fainted in church. It was an adventure.
I'm slightly older than you, so it grew up during some of the worst of it and we NEVER got sent to America. RAGE!

This is a great film about NI kids going to the States during the Troubles:

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2016/0922/818440-the-project-children-story/

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
1. Jamaica
2. USA
3. France
4. St Lucia
5. Canada

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
I'm slightly older than you, so it grew up during some of the worst of it and we NEVER got sent to America. RAGE!
The sectarian violence in N. Ireland is no laughing matter. But getting sent to the US so you won't be killed by a straight bullet is pretty f*cking hilarious.