Which 5 countries would you choose?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
The sectarian violence in N. Ireland is no laughing matter. But getting sent to the US so you won't be killed by a straight bullet is pretty f*cking hilarious.
Haha good point. Thing is as @Alexis has said, I've lived here all my life and have never been caught up or involved in anything. It was BAD, don't get me wrong, but highly exaggerated at times.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Gotta say there are few places I'd rather live than the USA, but if I had no choice....

1. Australia (no language barrier, great people, sexy accent)

2. Italy (yes, language barrier but beautiful scenery and hot guys)

3. The Bahamas (ha! It's only two hours away by boat)

4. Portugal (looks exotic and yet down-to-earth)

5. Switzerland (easy access to good chocolate?)

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Haha good point. Thing is as @Alexis has said, I've lived here all my life and have never been caught up or involved in anything. It was BAD, don't get me wrong, but highly exaggerated at times.
Also I think when you grow up in a certain situation it's just normal for you. We grew up in a place where soldiers patrolled the streets daily with guns. They'd just be in your garden sometimes. With checkpoints and searches. I was never allowed to go into the city centre or travel on my own in case on the off chance of a bomb, but that was all normal for me. At the time it's not strange or traumatic but looking back it very much is. I'm lucky in that it was all coming to an end in my late teens and so in my twenties I had more freedom and the luxury of normality.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
The sectarian violence in N. Ireland is no laughing matter. But getting sent to the US so you won't be killed by a straight bullet is pretty f*cking hilarious.
Sending a fair skinned Irish kid to scorch in the US sun for six weeks is pretty brutal in itself. I'm just glad they didn't send me to the south. Saying that I did have to retire like a southern belle when the weather was at it's hottest. I just wasn't used to it. I remember one day it rained towards the end of my trip and I actually went out and sat in the rain. They thought I was nuts.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I grew up outside the city so was only really 'exposed' when the likes of something big happened in Belfast itself (I vividly remember the Shankill bomb) and I was having my hair dyed for my first ever film role when Omagh happened. I remember the radio host pleading for all medical personnel to help.

I can't believe you were on Project Children!! We had a screening of it in Belfast a couple of years ago with Des and Ed (producers) and the man who organised Project Children. He was a real gentleman. @Alexis

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
You were told that you can make a list of 5 countries where you could imagine living in.
I can only base this on countries which i have visited

1. New Zealand - the most incredible country that I have ever visited, spectacular, stunning, you drive on the correct side of the road and Roast lamb to die for! Just wouldnt be able to choose between North and South Island so would do 6 months on each @Victoriafan3
  2. Italy - love the people, food, culture and ice cream and the sound and flow of the language
  3. Australia - Either Victoria or NSW - Melbourne or Sydney suburbs, hard to decide
  4. Portugal - sun, sea, sand
  5. St Lucia - its the only carribean island I have visited but it was cheap, friendly and the sea was warm and clear, great food
@Swami - Scotland, you have to be kidding me - right?? :eek::eck: No way on earth would i move here if not a Scot, a bigoted country, with hopeless Jimmy krankie in charge with NHS, Roads, transport, econony, education, Police / crime going down the plug hole (apologies to the real Jimmy Krankie aka Janette Tough who is lovely)

My next life, Im coming back as an Italian :love4:

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I wish there was a country where it was spring/summer 10 months of the year but never too bloody warm, and bright sunny winter with snow 2 months of the year.

No country that I am aware of has the perfect climate. Heatwaves are downright horrible. I can't sleep and I have no energy. Winters with daylight only 5 hours a day can be cozy at times, but not for 3 months.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
I can only base this on countries which i have visited

1. New Zealand - the most incredible country that I have ever visited, spectacular, stunning, you drive on the correct side of the road and Roast lamb to die for! Just wouldnt be able to choose between North and South Island so would do 6 months on each @Victoriafan3
  2. Italy - love the people, food, culture and ice cream and the sound and flow of the language
  3. Australia - Either Victoria or NSW - Melbourne or Sydney suburbs, hard to decide
  4. Portugal - sun, sea, sand
  5. St Lucia - its the only carribean island I have visited but it was cheap, friendly and the sea was warm and clear, great food
@Swami - Scotland, you have to be kidding me - right?? :eek::eck: No way on earth would i move here if not a Scot, a bigoted country, with hopeless Jimmy krankie in charge with NHS, Roads, transport, econony, education, Police / crime going down the plug hole (apologies to the real Jimmy Krankie aka Janette Tough who is lovely)

My next life, Im coming back as an Italian :love4:
No, I love my visits to Scotland, Edinburgh is always a favourite, I do prefer it to Glasgow, I must say. Gretna Green is another favourite spot, as is Gatehouse-On-Fleet and Castle Douglas. And the Scottish Borders are hard to beat as well, the likes of Hawick, Gala, Melrose.

Swami