Which lady had the best 'look' for Dynasty? (Multiple votes allowed)

Which lady had the most "Dynasty" look?

• Krystle

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Alexis

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dominique

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Sable

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Caress

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Fallon#1

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Fallon#2

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Amanda (Of course I mean Oxenberg)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Sammy Jo

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Kirby

• Dana

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Claudia

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Monica

• Bliss

• Total voters

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just a random poll for fun. Which Dynasty Diva do you think had the best 'look' when it came to what the show was about?

Personally, my vote is for Caress. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: she had killer cheekbones, diamond eyes, and a chocolate-y voice. If I were to pick which of the actresses to represent the show's look and style, it would be her. I suppose Dominique would be a close second. Though Amanda (#1) comes to mind as well.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I went for Alexis (as portrayed through the expert acting of the world-famous Joan Collins) and the first Fallon (the great Pamela Sue Martin); they were Dynasty, especially in the first four seasons' worth.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I voted for Krystle, because of her curtain hair and her already naturally enormous shoulders. That lady just is Dynasty with her looks! :danc:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh.... Everyone but Kirby.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh.... Everyone but Kirby.

Although Amanda #2 was even worse.

Frankly, Dominique has the most Dynasty look vis-à-vis how the show eventually projected itself, although I can see @Ked 's argument for Caress. I think Krystle is quintessential season 1, and Alexis season 2. Amanda had the perfect look for her role, but season 5 was less Dynasty and more "Camille Marchetta presents Dynasty: Royal Wedding."

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Kirby would have been best suited to being a maid called Rose, or Lily or Daisy or some flower name. In keeping with the them and us/upstairs downstairs theme. Should could have had an arc over a couple of seasons, starting as a maid, then working as Fallon's nanny, then her affair with Jeff. Then being slapped out of town by Fallon never to be heard of again. A grasping, manipulative social climber who everyone thought was the picture of innocence.

That's all she should have been. EVER.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kirby would have been best suited to being a maid called Rose, or Lily or Daisy or some flower name. In keeping with the them and us/upstairs downstairs theme. Should could have had an arc over a couple of seasons, starting as a maid, then working as Fallon's nanny, then her affair with Jeff. Then being slapped out of town by Fallon never to be heard of again. A grasping, manipulative social climber who everyone thought was the picture of innocence.

That's all she should have been. EVER.

Some of it was in fact the Pollocks' original plan for her, but that changed mid-season 3 when they decided they needed to also create a romantic interest for Adam, and they very poorly chose her.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I could have dealt with Lady Ashley and Leslie if they had good hair. Even a good wig. Even a mediocre wig! Bad hair on DYNASTY is a crime punishable by death.

Sarah Curtis I just have no words for.

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could have dealt with Leslie if she had good hair.

Like this?

Its not exactly what I'd call a good hairstyle, but its better than what she got on the show. Strangely, I couldn't find anything better for her on google images or getty images.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Like this?

Its not exactly what I'd call a good hairstyle, but its better than what she got on the show. Strangely, I couldn't find anything better for her on google images or getty images.

She looks like DYNASTY here. She was supposed to be like outdoorsy and this image works, but you know she could have been amazing when she was dragged out like the rest of the ladies. Cutting her hair off was a terrible idea! They should have just given her one of Joan's season 2 half wigs... I mean it was the right colour! :)

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

She looks like DYNASTY here. She was supposed to be like outdoorsy and this image works, but you know she could have been amazing when she was dragged out like the rest of the ladies. Cutting her hair off was a terrible idea! They should have just given her one of Joan's season 2 half wigs... I mean it was the right colour! :)

Pretty! :) Oh yes, much better. I remember reading they cut her hair to make her unique from the other women on the show. I can understand that, and short hair *might* have been a good look for her... but that photo looks so much better.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Only Alexis should have had that short style, to set her apart.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She had it before that plot line started though, when she met Adam in Australia.

True. She should have started off long-haired, and then cut it to copy Alexis. Later, it'd be grown out.

Although I do kinda like this look:

This is how she could have been during her "Alexis pantomime."

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Kirby would have been best suited to being a maid called Rose, or Lily or Daisy or some flower name. In keeping with the them and us/upstairs downstairs theme. .

I see you have started re-watching "Upstairs, Downstairs" (or were the names random-dropped?)...If so, are you going to start a thread about it, maybe comparing it to "Downton Abbey"...? I dare you to!!