Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Powers of Matthew Star (VEI all-in-one of this 1982-83 NBC sci-fi series w/Peter Barton as the title character, and Louis Gossett Jr. as his guardian Walt)

matthewstar1.jpg
matthewstar2.jpg

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Fox condensed all-in-one of this hit 1970-77 CBS comedy w/the late titular star as Mary Richards [associate producer of the fictional WJM-TV News], et al.)

marytylermoore1.jpg
marytylermoore2.jpg

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I finally got around to getting the complete original Upstairs Downstairs on DVD.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lost in Space (Fox widescreen condensed all-in-one of this 1965-68 CBS sci-fi series w/Guy Williams, June Lockhart, et al.)

lostinspace1.jpg
lostinspace2.jpg

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Fox condensed all-in-one of this hit 1970-77 CBS comedy w/the late titular star as Mary Richards [associate producer of the fictional WJM-TV News], et al.)
How do they get 23 discs into such a thin case? :think:
Lost in Space (Fox widescreen condensed all-in-one of this 1965-68 CBS sci-fi series w/Guy Williams, June Lockhart, et al.)
I hate it when they edit a 4:3 picture into widescreen. :mad:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
why does Lost in space have to be in wide-screen? that wasn't shot in that it's shot in full screen and i have that on blu-ray and it's how it's suppose to be. sorry it's just something that bothers me when they letterbox shows that aren't filmed that way and it looks like shit. anyways, let's see entire series i have a few, in no order i have TMNT the 80's cartoon, Friday the 13th, Friends, Veronica Mars, Twilight Zone, The Veil, X-files, Bewitched, Lexx, And Star Trek, The Original Series on Blu-ray. i have others shows as well but not full series yet.

like for Castle i'm missing 2 or 3 seasons for example with Dallas i am missing a lot of them. i think i have seasons 1-7. (1978-1984) are the seasons i have. now downloaded i have a couple like Doctor who, MSTK3000 and that's it i think others i have most of a series but not a complete set yet. my dark shadows i still need 3 more volumes and i'll have all 32 volumes for example.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
why does Lost in space have to be in wide-screen? that wasn't shot in that it's shot in full screen and i have that on blu-ray and it's how it's suppose to be. sorry it's just something that bothers me when they letterbox shows that aren't filmed that way and it looks like shit.

I agree immensely; the reason I got this, however, is because I never saw the show in the first place, and I thought I'd like the opportunity to experience it for myself, no matter the method. I can see where you're coming from about the widescreen, however-- if you don't have an actual widescreen television, it will look awful!

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i get why you got it and i respect that, but it doesn't matter if your tv is widescreen or not shows that wasn't shot in widescreen should not be made into widescreen. what was the show that really screwed it up i hear? Homicide life on the street i think it was? or was it Oz? i forget which when they put those out they really destroyed the show i hear. the look and the feel like how it was meant to look i mean. but than i always thought it was really damn stupid to make tv shows widescreen at all, movies are one thing but tv shows it's just plain stupid and really pointless.

Lost in space is my favorite show of all time and i adore the show prolly more than anyone on here in fact, how did you like it? i love the 1st season and i actually do agree with the cast where they wish it had stayed serious instead of went to comedy. but i think that was Johnathon Harris that you can blame for that, he's the one who started to add comedy in it slowly and than Irwin Allen liked it and told him to keep doing it. the reason that Harris did it at all was cause since he was the villian of the show at first, you can only have that for so long before him as the heavy wears thin, and he realized that as well. it's interesting to learn what the cast thought of the seasons, check out the cast talking about the great vegatable rebellion which is really cheesy but i think it's a lot of fun if you shut your brain off. they did actually a lot of creative stuff like in season 3 they had the robot get huge and they the writers i mean had Smith and Will go inside the robot to fix him. some creative stuff i think, than you had some of them play a dual role one with them being good and the other being the heavy. that had to be fun to play...

the one in season 1 with Warren Oats is a good one i think as is the one that same season when Will goes to Earth for a part they need for the ship. that's a favorite of mine i think.

the set i have is the box set for blu-ray's and it's got cards in it that's really nice and it's a well a really nice set actually. man i just love that show

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Are the discs stacked? It looks like an odd construction.

They are indeed-- quite a few all-in-one releases from CBS, Fox and Universal are like that.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree immensely; the reason I got this, however, is because I never saw the show in the first place, and I thought I'd like the opportunity to experience it for myself, no matter the method. I can see where you're coming from about the widescreen, however-- if you don't have an actual widescreen television, it will look awful!
It's not the letterboxing per se that worries me. I have a widescreen TV. What it means is that they cut off the top and bottom of the picture to make it fit. For some reason that is deemed acceptable but cutting the sides off a widescreen picture to make it fit a 4:3 screen is not.

K

Karin Schill

I agree. Shows that were filmed in 4:3 should not be made into widescreen. It is not how it was intended to look and it is annoying! :(