Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Spookily enough, the thread about the Collins sisters TV series just led me into a Batman '66 wormhole. Which started with this...

And led on to me watching scenes from the series and the 1968 Filmation cartoon.

And then I come back here to find this posted!!

I have the series on BD myself but haven't yet got round to rewatching it in its entirety. This must be remedied. The restoration makes it look absolutely resplendent.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The restoration makes it look absolutely resplendent.

Being as you feel that way about 60s ABC Batman on Blu, I thought I might say (unrelated) that what you said about it is (outside of the remarkable performances of Academy Award winners Karl Malden and Michael Douglas) also why I have been enjoying The Streets of San Francisco from my copy of CBS' all-in-one DVD of that 1972-77 ABC police/detective series.

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the 1968 Filmation cartoon.
I've just been watching that one myself. In some ways it's a better re-creation of the series than the recent animated movies, no doubt because of its proximity to the original. It's certainly better than the later West-Ward voiced New Adventures series.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In some ways it's a better re-creation of the series than the recent animated movies, no doubt because of its proximity to the original. It's certainly better than the later West-Ward voiced New Adventures series.

Interesting. I don't believe I've seen either animated series, but then I'm also one of the few people not to have watched the Super Friends cartoon. Somehow they just passed me by. Maybe they weren't repeated a great deal in the UK. Which would be strange, because the Adam West live action series was repeated frequently when I was young.

What is it that elevates the '68 version over New Adventures?

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve got The Rogues. Starring David Niven, Charles Boyer, Gig Young, Robert Coote and Gladys Cooper. With Larry Hagman starring in two episodes. Also Space Precinct with Ted Shackelford. Space Patrol too, Danger UXB (which was hiding behind Destry Rides Again, which was hiding behind My Man Godfrey, To Be Or Not To Be, Twentieth Century and Nothing Sacred).

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve got Special Branch. Starring Derren Nesbitt, George Sewell and Patrick Mower. With Wensley Pithey, Fulton Mackay, Roger Rowland and Paul Eddington.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What is it that elevates the '68 version over New Adventures?
The New Adventures has been dumbed-down for children in a way that the earlier show really wasn't. Most notably with the addition of the cutesy Bat-Mite character.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The New Adventures has been dumbed-down for children in a way that the earlier show really wasn't. Most notably with the addition of the cutesy Bat-Mite character.

Say no more. Just the mention of Bat-Mite is enough to make my blood run cold.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've filled up with lots of miniseries and short-run series lately. Mostly British ones. I've come to the conclusion that the Brits have more excellent shows than the Americans. Not that the US lacks good shows, but they do put out a whole lot of garbage and shows that should have been canceled a long long long time ago. Or at least have less than 22 episodes per season. I will never understand why they keep on with the 22 episodes per season concept for most of the network series. It's too much.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've filled up with lots of miniseries and short-run series lately. Mostly British ones. I've come to the conclusion that the Brits have more excellent shows than the Americans. Not that the US lacks good shows, but they do put out a whole lot of garbage and shows that should have been canceled a long long long time ago. Or at least have less than 22 episodes per season. I will never understand why they keep on with the 22 episodes per season concept for most of the network series. It's too much.
You're probably right. But the 22 episode thing is to fill the American version of a "season" which runs from September thru April. (Back in the 1950s, it was 39 episodes per season, September thru June!)

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You're probably right. But the 22 episode thing is to fill the American version of a "season" which runs from September thru April. (Back in the 1950s, it was 39 episodes per season, September thru June!)

Could easily be fixed. Instead of 1 show, have 2 shows with 11 episodes each fill a season's time slot. The quality will go up drastically. Less of repeated or dragged out storylines. Writers would get more time to perfect the scripts. Actors would be allowed to do other projects instead of getting into a routine and phoning their performances in. Audiences would manage to see more things.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember chatting with stunt performer/stunt arranger/director/writer Ray Austin. He said that when he worked in the UK, they were more concerned with quality but when he worked in the USA, it was more about numbers.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Invaders (CBS condensed both-in-one of this winter/spring 1967-68 ABC sci-fi series w/Roy Thinnes as architect David Vincent)

invaders1.jpg
invaders2.jpg

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got curious about how many series I have the complete set of now, after filling my DVD library. Lucky for me, I use an app called My Movies Pro to keep track of everything I have at home. I'd buy duplicates if I didn't have the app.

So, complete series on dvd as of March 2019:

Absolutely Fabulous (original, extras and the movie)
'Allo! 'Allo!
Anna Holt
The Diary of Anne Frank
Barna Hedenhös uppfinner julen (The Hedenhös Children invent Christmas)
Beetle Bailey
The Bible
Blackadder
Blackpool + Viva Blackpool
Blekingeligan
Bletchley Circle
Bron (The Bridge)
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
c/o Segemyhr
Chasing Shadows
Crime and Punishment
Den som dræber (Those who kill)
Ebba & Didrik
The Fall
Familjen Holstein-Gottorp
Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Frasier
Friday Night Dinner --- although the series is most likely to be renewed for more seasons, and I will buy them all
The Game
Goda Grannar (Good Neighbours)
The Good Wife
Great Expectations
The Halcyon
Hedebyborna
Hidden
House of Cards (UK)
The Inbetweeners
Kurt Olsson
Land Girls
Lark Rise to Candleford
Lasermannen (The Laser Man)
Lorry
Mad Men
Mapp & Lucia
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Morran & Tobias
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Office (UK)
Police Squad
Pappas pengar (Dad's Money)
Plebs
Pride and Prejudice
Pulling
Rome
Seinfeld
Sex and the City
Sunes jul
Svensson Svensson
That 70s show
Twin Peaks (old and new)
Upstart Crow
Varuhuset (The Department Store)
Vi på Saltkråkan (Seacrow Island)
War and Peace
Without You
The X-files
The Young Pope

-- I am looking forward to completing my Game of Thrones set. Only the last season left...

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
though it's still on the air i have all 13 seasons thus far of Supernatural that are on dvd/blu-ray. i have season 1 and 2 on blu-ray seasons 3-9 on dvd which i need to get rid of the dvd's and get them on blu-ray. i than have seasons 10-13 on blu-ray.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
other shows i have that are only a season or two are, Medium Season One, NYPD Blue season one and Two, The Simpsons Seasons 1 And 2. South Park on blu-ray seasons 1-4,
M.A.S.H. seasons 1 to 7. The Mentalist seasons 1-6, Twin Peaks seasons 1 and 2. Three's company season 1. once upon a time season 1 on blu-ray. doctor who seasons 1-6 i think of the reboot series. the good wife seasons 1-4. grey's seasons 1-10. hawaii Five-O the Original series seasons 1-3, Criminal Intent Season 1 and 2. SVU seasons 1 and 2. Angel seasons 1 and 2.

blue bloods seasons 1 and 2. smallville seasons 1-3. and there are others i think i posted some again here sorry about that