White House Farm (ITV)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone been watching this 3 part drama? I had read a book about it many years ago and was excited when I read that ITV were to commission a drama on it some time ago. I have watched the first two episodes and have thought it brilliant so far. Based on true events from the mid 1980s it's a horrific story but just so fascinating.

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the drama and just the case in general. I am sure people here remember the case from the news back then.
I think the production has been great and the cast is excellent too.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Yes I'm enjoying it. Didn't enjoy so much about the dog last night (hate that they feel they have to do that in so many dramas) but maybe it did happen.

Jeremy's casting is brilliant. Did you know that there is some doubt over whether or not he actually did it? I always thought he did, but even though he's been in jail since 1985, he says there is evidence that it was Bambi.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes I'm enjoying it. Didn't enjoy so much about the dog last night (hate that they feel they have to do that in so many dramas) but maybe it did happen.

Jeremy's casting is brilliant. Did you know that there is some doubt over whether or not he actually did it? I always thought he did, but even though he's been in jail since 1985, he says there is evidence that it was Bambi.
Yea, like I said I read a book about the case years ago. I was in two minds then... Now not so much. I think he did it for the inheritance. His mentally unstable sister taking the fall for it. It's just a brutal story. Also I think he did have the poor dog put down. Which probably had to do with guilt. Although it does make you think why he had to use a vet to do it and didn't just take the dog to someone else to look after.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Well yes if it actually happened and that's why it was shown, ok (not really but ok). But yes, he could have rehomed the dog. Shows how brutal he was. I do think he's guilty. There's a petition on Twitter to have him freed.

Wouldn't want him living next door to me anyway.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well yes if it actually happened and that's why it was shown, ok (not really but ok). But yes, he could have rehomed the dog. Shows how brutal he was. I do think he's guilty. There's a petition on Twitter to have him freed.

Wouldn't want him living next door to me anyway.
He's launched numerous appeals I think. Also did you catch the Dallas reference when the police were discussing the details of the case. I though that was great as it was a little bit of pop culture of the time thrown in.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
He's launched numerous appeals I think. Also did you catch the Dallas reference when the police were discussing the details of the case. I though that was great as it was a little bit of pop culture of the time thrown in.

YES! I did! I whooped. It's a reflex. It doesn't matter where I am if I hear it. Cinema, airplane, church....

You should have seen what happened when I was on my way to America and the Aer Lingus pilot announced his name was 'Patrick Duffy'.

Cockpit emergency. Embarrassing.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to watch this and then I forgot. :scream:

Rushes off to the Sky control button and downloads it. :byebye:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's on the ITV Player for anyone who's missed the first parts. I think it's up for a month.