Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Amy Adams

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medals
To some, Lois Lane is nothing less than a hero in her own right so I thought she should have a poll of her own.

Lois has been part of the Superman mythos from the very beginning having appeared in Action Comics #1 in 1938 and has been his companion/partner/rival/love interest in all media ever since.

On screen she has been played by:

1. Noel Neill (the Kirk Alyn serials and returning from season 2 of the George Reeves TV series).
2. Phyllis Coates (with George Reeves in Superman & The Mole Men and season 1 of the TV series).
3. Margot Kidder (the Christopher Reeve movies).
4. Teri Hatcher (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman).
5. Kate Bosworth (Superman Returns)
6. Erica Durance (Smallville)
7. Amy Adams (Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)

My vote goes to Teri Hatcher, who I thought brought the perfect blend of determination and vulnerability to the role.

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Kidder was just never Lois Lane to me, just as Chris Reeve was never Superman.

I did like their movie though, somewhat, schizoid as the 1978 film was -- as one critic put it, it was THE TEN COMMANDMENTS in the beginning, and then THE THREE STOOGES after that.

But I never bought the two leads somehow.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I do have a soft spot for Kidder's version and almost chose her.

But Noel Neill scores for being the first actress to play Lois in live action. And she did become so associated with screen Superman that she went on to cameo in the 1978 film and Superman Returns. So I vote for her.

My favourite on-screen Lois, though, is the animated version from the Fleischer series of the Forties where she was brought to life by Joan Alexander who'd previously played Lois in the radio series.

superman fan

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Margot kidder
Erica durance
Teri hatcher

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I went with Erica Durance but I'm liking Amy Adams' take on Lois too. I have nostalgic feelings for Margot Kidder's performance as she was my first experience with the character. I can't remember much about Terri Hatcher as Lois, but I recall liking the show at the time.

Lois rates up there with Superman and Wonder Woman as one of my all time favorite comic characters.

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
:rolling::lolling::rolling::lolling::rolling::lolling:

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I must say that I voted for Teri Hatcher because she is the one who has played Lois for a longer period (in hours) and the one who managed to break her image later on with DH.

Even so, I was a fan of Kidder´s Lois in the first 2 movies, though now it´s hard to watch them knowing what was ahead for Reeve and her too in real life. Erica Durance surprised me a lot because I expected a bimbo version of Lois, and she was the opposite, and enjoyed every minute of her (though I actually preferred the looks of Clark, Jimmy & Oliver.

The most disappointing Lois ever (aside from the ones from the serials that I don´t know) is Amy Adams. I like her in all her roles (even "Nocturnal Animals") but her chemistry with Cavill is Zero. They made a big mistake when they cast her. But well, there they go playing the God of the DC Heroes...:byebye:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medals
I just saw the Elseworlds crossover. I'm not quite ready to vault Elizabeth Tulloch into my #1 spot just yet but I am looking forward to seeing more of her in the upcoming Superman & Lois series. :)

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
Medals
I grew up with Christopher Reeves as Superman, so in my eyes Margot Kidder is the best Lois Lane

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
Noel Neill.

I hadn't realised that 2 different actresses played Lois Lane in the Gorge Reeve series so I might be confusing the two. I just felt this series portrayed the character closer to how Lois was written in the comics.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
I'm only familiar with Margot Kidder and Teri Hatcher and I voted Teri Hatcher.