Who was the worst character ever in Dallas?

Who was the worst character in Dallas?

• Leslie Stewart

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Angelica Nero

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Tommy McKay

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Rose McKay

• Vanessa Beaumont

• Michelle Stevens

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Cally Harper Ewing

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • James Beaumont

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Johnny Dancer

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

tommie

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
James. Sasha was such a stiff and horrible actor and it baffles me that they cast him as JR's :censer: son.

Minor note...

... I like Michelle Stevens. Or at least she was somewhat interesting as a late-season character could get.

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I'd also add the character played by Michael Wilding Jr who was part of the Laurel Ellis storyline.
Was he part of that storyline? @Angela Channing I thought he was later and played art dealer Alex Barton who thought the dreadful Cally was the new Monet, Degas, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Da Vinci and Michealangelo all rolled into one and flogged her painting by numbers

The British guy was ?? David Shulton, i dont watch the later years very much and only BBG scenes and others at FWD

I always thought Liz Taylors son was a bit weedy

Laurel Ellis's Bonsais, were more animated than her and better acting! When Howard Keel was on stage at a concert i was at he forgot her name! Dont blame him, she wasnt memorable.

Willie Oleson

SoapLand Battles Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
From the classic years with the old gang I'd say Ray Krebbs. I can't say I dislike him, but I don't find him an interesting character.
I liked him better as JR's beer & tramp-buddy.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
Was he part of that storyline? @Angela Channing I thought he was later and played art dealer Alex Barton who thought the dreadful Cally was the new Monet, Degas, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Da Vinci and Michealangelo all rolled into one and flogged her painting by numbers

The British guy was ?? Davis Shulton, i dont watch the later years very much and only BBG scenes and others at FWD

I always thogutnLiz Taylors son was a bit weedy

Laurel Ellis's Bonsais, were more animated than her and better acting! When Howard Keel was on stage at a concert i was at he forgot her name! Dont blame him, she wasnt memorable.
Now you mention it, I realise I was wrong. It was Alex Barton, another terrible character acted badly by someone with a British accent in a lousy storyline.

I've not watched the later seasons for over 30 years, the last time I watched I stopped after Pam drove her car into the tanker specifically to avoid some of the awfulness of the final years. Consequently, my memory is some of the details is a little sketchy.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals

The British guy was ?? Davis Shulton, i dont watch the later years very much and only BBG scenes and others at FWD

I always thogutnLiz Taylors son was a bit weedy

It's hard to believe that Michael Wilding Jr was in a grand total of eight episodes, one episode for his character would have been one too many.

Swami

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
It's hard to believe that Michael Wilding Jr was in a grand total of eight episodes, one episode for his character would have been one too many.

Swami
I agree. However, I´d have loved seeing mum Elizabeth Taylor as Stephanie Rogers. Seeing her fighting with JR would have been gold...

upload_2020-8-1_19-54-27.jpeg

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
She did the Flintstones movie for heaven's sake, a guest spot in Dallas would have been of a much higher caliber. :p:p:p

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprised Peter Richards isn't on there!

I loved him though as I was at the age where my awakening sexuality started to take notice of guys dressed, ahem I mean in a state of undress!

One thing I will acknowledge for Dallas is that it helped me to come to terms with me being gay & I will always love the show because of that. :)

Pound68

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Tie. James Beaumont and Peter Richards.

Both characters COULD have had a very deep and dramatic impact on the show. Part of their failure was bad writing, but most of it was the atrocious acting.

It was painful to watch both of them. Even now, I fast forward every time they are in a scene.

Honorable mention to Vanessa. The actress was fine. The plotline was terrible. A love from JR's past with a secret son could have been AMAZING. But it all felt so forced, ridiculous, and flat.
Oh yes, Peter! Such a terrible casting mistake. Suellen and a younger man...intriguing. Suellen and Christopher Atkins, cringe inducing.

Pound68

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
From the classic years with the old gang I'd say Ray Krebbs. I can't say I dislike him, but I don't find him an interesting character.
I liked him better as JR's beer & tramp-buddy.
I liked Ray better as a cowboy/drinking buddy too. Mostly cause reformed Ray had Miss Know it All Donna around all the time.

Pound68

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I voted James because he was given too permanent a spot for such a crap actor. He was made a Ewing, so until he is dead, he is part of the story. That was unforgivable. Callie also sucked to high heaven and her having a Ewing baby made her worse, but she could personally be sent away and forgotten. James, though, always JRs son. Yuck.

pete lashmar

Reaction score
I voted James because he was given too permanent a spot for such a crap actor. He was made a Ewing, so until he is dead, he is part of the story. That was unforgivable. Callie also sucked to high heaven and her having a Ewing baby made her worse, but she could personally be sent away and forgotten. James, though, always JRs son. Yuck.
We only has Vanessa's word on that though! (I think).

pete lashmar

Reaction score
Ray was the one and only character that I loved but who also totally annoyed me. He cheated on both of his wives yet gave it the big "I am" kinda thing. He was the most sexist character on the show and always started fights with family members when he'd done far worse.

His attitude with Jenna and Charlie against Bobby and the rest of the family sucked big time. And he had the audacity to tell Charlie off for getting it on in the stables after he'd done it with Lucy in the hayloft when she was a teenager.

Steve played the character very well, but the character was probably the most floored the the entire show.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
Ray was the one and only character that I loved but who also totally annoyed me. He cheated on both of his wives yet gave it the big "I am" kinda thing. He was the most sexist character on the show and always started fights with family members when he'd done far worse.

His attitude with Jenna and Charlie against Bobby and the rest of the family sucked big time. And he had the audacity to tell Charlie off for getting it on in the stables after he'd done it with Lucy in the hayloft when she was a teenager.

Steve played the character very well, but the character was probably the most floored the the entire show.
Floored or flawed?

Swami

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
However, I´d have loved seeing mum Elizabeth Taylor as Stephanie Rogers. Seeing her fighting with JR would have been gold...
Having Elizabeth Taylor in Dallas would have been a great catch, especially as Dallas was mirrored on Giant. The problem I foresee is it would have been seen as stunt casting which Dynasty was notorious for. They'd cast some Hollywood elite but then didn't know what to do with them. Elizabeth Taylor on Dallas would have to be a well thought out character with some tie-in to the Ewing, Barnes or Southworth families. I can see Elizabeth playing Rebecca Wentworth.