• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Who would you recast as Alexis?

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, please. I am sure there is nothing wrong with NS's mother, and even if there was, NS doesnt strike me as the caring type. She is way too plastic and evil. Nope, she bombed on Dynasty because that is what she does best......

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, please. I am sure there is nothing wrong with NS's mother, and even if there was, NS doesnt strike me as the caring type. She is way too plastic and evil. Nope, she bombed on Dynasty because that is what she does best......

And you, what do you do best ? What is your thing ? I mean, except posting mean comments about NS ? As someone told you before, maybe it's time for you to get new material. You hate her, we get it. Your "blind love" for NS is sometime embarrassing, if I can tell you. Hate doesn't look good on you (and on anyone). And I'm not a NS fan myself : I know she can be troubles on sets... But I don't care. She was a great Paige in Knots Landing. She was a great Edie in Desperate Housewives. And I think she did the best an actress can offer with the terrible lines she was given in season 2.

Anyway, good to know that you are sure that Sally Sheridan is doing fine.

EDIT : sorry If i'm overreacting here. As I said I lost my mother from cancer in 2013, so it's really upsetting for me to read that you assume that NS mother's cancer is a lie, only because you hate Nicollette. Who are you to imply this ? It's such an heartbreaking situation, that nobody should undermine. Even if there is more to NS departure (and I think there is more) it's not a reason to deny Sally Sheridan's (or anyone's) cancer.

Last edited:

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could truly care less if you overreacted or not. I am saying then IF her mother is dying, NS is trashy enough to just use that as an excuse to save face and say that is why she abruptly left Dynasty even if she and the producers prob came to a mutual understanding and had her leave the show or if she was fired outright. NS is a parasite of epic proportions and would never willingly leave a paycheck whether her mommy is dying or not......

She only left KL because it was cancelled and she was outright fired from DH because of her bitchery......she would have hung on to Dynasty like a tick feasting on blood, if she could have.....

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe NS is evil or a parasite or whatever you think she is. The point is that you started your comment denying NS mother's terminal cancer, like an absolute truth. What does that make you ?

Denying anyone's disease didn't make NS look like an "indecent human being". It made you, look like one.

Last edited:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've been watching some interviews on youtube where Esther Shapiro talks about the reboot. My feeling is she hasn't had much involvement with this retooling at all. It's like she is an outsider looking in. She talks the talk but I don't think the current producers are seeking out Esther's deep and meaningful thoughts on how to mould their vision of Dynasty.

They don't, but I have a feeling she wants it that way. Don't get me wrong, Esther Shapiro is the woman who created what is for me the best soap of all time, the first season of Dynasty, so she is certainly a woman whose opinion matters. But she has always been about getting positions of power and climbing up the hierarchy rather than sticking with a show long-term or tending to her legacy as a creator. Even her own Dynasty was essentially handout out to the Pollocks without proper supervision, and after them to one head-writer after another. Esther only directly got involved again with the show in 6B, when ABC demanded it. I am sure now, given also her age, she just wants the royalties coming in.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A lot of "producer" credits are given simply for ceremonial purposes, maybe just to give the project some name recognition. I'm pretty sure a story about a Dynasty reboot with the Shapiros attached would get a lot more interest than the same story with a bunch of nobodies attached. In many cases it's just a check in the mail.

They'll also give actors a producer credit just to get him or her off their backs about creative input.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
:giggle:

It's crazy that a sitcom like "Mom" has a lot of development (even even some emotional moments with the dea

NuDynasty is both schizophrenic and suffering of memory loss through one episode to an other.
Maybe NS is evil or a parasite or whatever you think she is. The point is that you started your comment denying NS mother's terminal cancer, like an absolute truth. What does that make you ?

Denying anyone's disease didn't make NS look like an "indecent human being". It made you, look like one.

Believe what you wish. NS is the most untalented biggest POS to ever be on any show, period.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Believe what you wish. NS is the most untalented biggest POS to ever be on any show, period.

Again, what does your comment make you ? Gold ?

Anyway, I'm not trying to change your mind. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (or obsession, in your specific case). I just wanted to point out that your comment about Sally Sheridan not having cancer is evil & ugly.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, if the old girl dies, she dies. My point is that I am going to safely assume that NS won’t be anywhere around. Of course, she may use this as a great photo opportunity, too.....

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A cow.

No, an actual cow.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What gets me is that original Dynasty’s latter years were just as sh,tty - if not sh,ttier! - than Peach Dynasty, but poor deluded Esther is in such a state of denial about it that she should be locked up. She really cannot see that??!?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What gets me is that original Dynasty’s latter years were just as sh,tty - if not sh,ttier! - than Peach Dynasty, but poor deluded Esther is in such a state of denial about it that she should be locked up. She really cannot see that??!?

u, re a hater and loves abse like madonna albums stop replying if you say yes

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't personally place all blame at Nicolette's feet. The majority of it was poor scripts.

It was like when she was cast as Edie in DH. I knew that she would absolutely not be with the show until the end. Two of the best scenes in nighttime soaps was when Edie was electrocuted and when Alexis’ face was shoved into the fireplace. Marc Cherry prob had an orgasm with the fireplace scene....

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I would assume so as that was the way it was intended.

Did you just run away from the sanitarium or is the mountain air a little too heady for you??

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nothing Peach Dynasty could ever do could get any worse than Dynasty Season 07 onward. Nothing.....

As Joan Collins would say, “Sorry, Esther....”