• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Why is the "lily pond catfight" better in nuDynasty than oldDynasty?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

It's just better.

Argue.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They fight more violently and their hate is even more obvious but the teenage rock music and the intercuts with Blake make the scene less focused and less crucial.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
but the teenage rock music and the intercuts with Blake make the scene less focused and less crucial
I'm not a fan of the montage style but in this case it works because of the water theme in Blake's scenes.
Blake's prosperous, nautical project (or whatever it was) versus Blake's wives in their nautical mini-disaster. The cheers versus the grunts, it's a nice little juxtaposition.

But do water fights ever look really great?

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's funny to watch it back now that I have seen the french version too. French are strangely very sweet in their translation :

- "I was aiming for you bitch" was translated "I was aiming for you Fool"
- "Bottom feeding bitch" was translated "vermin"

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They fight more violently and their hate is even more obvious but the teenage rock music and the intercuts with Blake make the scene less focused and less crucial.

This! The catfights on the 80's soaps felt like full scale battle scenes whereas the cutting between scenes on nuDynasty and other recent shows causes a loss of momentum. It was all downhill after the 80's. The 90's catfights on shows like Melrose Place were always too short and then from the 00's onwards, they were often played for comic effect (see Julie and Hailey in the pool in The O.C).