Dallas Actors Why Wasn’t William Smithers (Jeremy Wendell) Included In The Opening Titles When Lesser Characters Dack Rambo (Jack Ewing) Was?

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always assumed Leslie Ann Down must-have demanded to be in the opening credits for her season 13 stint, UNdeservingly so! I never liked her character and she is a mediocre actress IMO. That must have been a contract demand on her part as other characters had way more appearances and multiple seasons then she did, as discussed above. They even had to lengthen the theme song that season with that little melody repeat to accommodate.

She was likely signed on and paid to do 13 episodes in the 1989-90 season with the option to extend her contract into season 14. When her character didn't exactly work out (and they ended up using her far less than that) it never happened. I assume they had hoped with North & South being popular a few years earlier that it would rub off on Dallas which was free-falling at the time.

Darren Chivers

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On the subject of opening credits, I have to admit to not minding the exploding dirt version of the titles, but I have spent the last couple of days having an intense tutorial thanks to my much more creative family member, and I have been able to create my first ever own custom credits for the final season of Dallas which uses the original style designs in a way with an update. As Clayton only appeared in 4 episodes an da handful of scenes I think it was odd for him to be in the tiles for the duration of the season, the same with April, she was dead by this point so I have removed her. I have included Susan Lucci so these would be used for the first few episodes and the end of the season, when Susan was not used (mid season) I would probably replace her with Vanessa Beautmont. Be kind! let me know your thoughts.

B.J. Ewing

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
few if any will agree, but I hold fast to my belief that the show would have held onto the #1 position at least 3 or 4 more years if they’d promoted the lovely Karlene Crockett as Muriel Gillis to the opening credits

(seen above sans spectacles with Lucy and an unidentified third Braddock High pal)

Unidentified? How can you NOT see that the girl on the left is Dawn Jeffory as Annie Driscoll?

Top Jimmy

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Unidentified? How can you NOT see that the girl on the left is Dawn Jeffory as Annie Driscoll?
There is a resemblance, but that actually is Dominique Dunne, who was brutally murdered by her psycho boyfriend in 1982.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On the subject of opening credits, I have to admit to not minding the exploding dirt version of the titles, but I have spent the last couple of days having an intense tutorial thanks to my much more creative family member, and I have been able to create my first ever own custom credits for the final season of Dallas which uses the original style designs in a way with an update. As Clayton only appeared in 4 episodes an da handful of scenes I think it was odd for him to be in the tiles for the duration of the season, the same with April, she was dead by this point so I have removed her. I have included Susan Lucci so these would be used for the first few episodes and the end of the season, when Susan was not used (mid season) I would probably replace her with Vanessa Beautmont. Be kind! let me know your thoughts.

Very creative! That intro could also be used as a 'what if' for a season 15, 1991-'92 that never happened minus Susan Lucci and maybe Barbara Stock.