Will Steven ever return?

Will Steven ever return?

• Of course. But only after the Moldavian massacre (The cast is way too crowded right now)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sure. But with a new face, as Alexis & Cristal won't change theirs this time.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No. The CW hates Australia and that's why they fired James and Nathalie.

• No. Steven is the new Amanda : gone to to never be mentioned again.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Steven who?

• Total voters

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is Steven in limbo forever? Or will he return in a dramatic fashion (with or without a new face)?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My outlook on Steven keeps changing. I read so many fan postings online clamoring for his return, but I can't help but think that a lot of the begging isn't about Steven, per se--they just want the show in general to revert to the way it was written and shot in season one. Some people think that if they were to bring back Steven and/or OG Cristal (Celia), that somehow the show would have a 'creative renaissance'. I think that if they brought back either of these characters right now, it would be similar to what happened when they brought back Alexis with Elaine Hendrix's face. She had so many hopes and dreams of viewers pinned on her, and after a promising start ended up getting mired in the same dubious storyline choices that all the other characters find themselves in. Why should we think that they would somehow exclude Steven from the prevailing style of writing, which is often shallow, short-attention span stories that don't advance an over-arching plotline? Would they have a different set of writers just do Steven's stories? Of course not. The show won't re-set itself just because Steven returns to the fold any more than it re-set when Alexis returned from Plastic Surgery Land.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, they should have kept Nat, James, and fire writers instead.
Nat will never come back anyway (well, chances are microscopic)

CW's decision to fire her still bite them in the ass 2 years later. When there are polls, she's always (from far) the favorite Cristal (and usually Daniella is the least favorite) and there is almost no youtube video without comments about her, and how much she's missed.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course every time I want to write how ridiculous it is that nobody, including this sister who loved him, picks up the phone to check on Steven, I am reminded that the same thing happened in season 9 of DYNASTY, so...

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course every time I want to write how ridiculous it is that nobody, including this sister who loved him, picks up the phone to check on Steven, I am reminded that the same thing happened in season 9 of DYNASTY, so...

Well, I would forgive Nu Dynasty for ignoring Steven if their season 3 was OG season 9 quality... But...

But the original Steven was not at the hospital. What I find shocking in the reboot is that nobody cares about a lonely man in a french hospital...

I totally agree. In season 9, Steven had left on his terms, and he was doing ok (with not much dangling plots)
Not the same at all with Nu Steven.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I would forgive Nu Dynasty for ignoring Steven if their season 3 was OG season 9 quality... But...
They had already introduced a priest. And I am sure there was some pizza-eating cop. And some of these southerners were, I bet you, from Virginia.

In season 9, Steven had left on his terms, and he was doing ok (with not much dangling plots)

Last edited: