Withheld from Congress: US Intelligence Community’s IG Report on Whistle-blower’s Complaint

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
If this didn’t hit President Trump hard, I don’t know what will:

Seven Key National Security Dems Call Trump’s Ukraine Extortion Scheme An Impeachable Offense

By Sean Colarossi for POLITICUSUSA | Sept 23rd, 2019

IN A major development, seven key national security Democrats wrote an op-ed published in The Washington Post on Monday night calling Donald Trump’s Ukraine extortion scheme “a threat to all we have sworn to protect.”

In the editorial, the Democratic lawmakers – Reps. Gil Cisneros of California, Jason Crow of Colorado, Chrissy Houlahan of Pennsylvania, Elaine Luria of Virginia, Mikie Sherrill of New Jersey, Elissa Slotkin of Michigan and Abigail Spanberger of Virginia – said that if the newest allegations are true, they believe they would warrant impeachment proceedings.

“We have devoted our lives to the service and security of our country, and throughout our careers, we have sworn oaths to defend the Constitution of the United States many times over,” the lawmakers wrote. “Now, we join as a unified group to uphold that oath as we enter uncharted waters and face unprecedented allegations against President Trump.”

More from the op-ed:

The president of the United States may have used his position to pressure a foreign country into investigating a political opponent, and he sought to use U.S. taxpayer dollars as leverage to do it. He allegedly sought to use the very security assistance dollars appropriated by Congress to create stability in the world, to help root out corruption and to protect our national security interests, for his own personal gain. These allegations are stunning, both in the national security threat they pose and the potential corruption they represent. We also know that on Sept. 9, the inspector general for the intelligence community notified Congress of a “credible” and “urgent” whistleblower complaint related to national security and potentially involving these allegations. Despite federal law requiring the disclosure of this complaint to Congress, the administration has blocked its release to Congress.

This flagrant disregard for the law cannot stand. To uphold and defend our Constitution, Congress must determine whether the president was indeed willing to use his power and withhold security assistance funds to persuade a foreign country to assist him in an upcoming election.

If these allegations are true, we believe these actions represent an impeachable offense. We do not arrive at this conclusion lightly, and we call on our colleagues in Congress to consider the use of all congressional authorities available to us, including the power of “inherent contempt” and impeachment hearings, to address these new allegations, find the truth and protect our national security.

A Democratic tipping point on impeachment?
Monday’s op-ed in The Washington Post is just the latest indication that House Democrats could be approaching a tipping point when it comes to impeachment.

As CNN reported earlier, moderate Democrats who had previously been reluctant to support impeachment said they could be swayed in light of recent events. It was also reported on Monday night that House Democrats will caucus on Tuesday to discuss issues related to impeachment.

It’s unclear whether House leadership will move forward on impeachment, but there is no question that the Ukraine extortion and briary scandal has jump-started the discussions in a new and urgent way.

Source: https://www.politicususa.com/2019/0...ty-democrats-trumps-crimes-threat-to-all.html

My thoughts? They centre on When Tomorrow Comes!

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
It's interesting that this is the issue that finally got Nancy Pelosi to stop being wishy washy when it comes to impeachment. She has finally decided to launch a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump. It's amazing to me how the Democrats are going after Trump for trying to get dirt on an opponent from a foreign government when that's exactly what they did. This sounds like a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. The party claiming to hold Trump accountable have never been held accountable themselves for their corruption.

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
I've perceived Ms Pelosi to be a master strategist, telling the others Let Trump be Trump and he'll give himself enough rope to hang himself, which he did on Sunday: admitting to essentially the crimes that Jeremy Bash had perceived from what Mr Giuliani said and giving more evidence of wrong-doing. I imagine Ms Pelosi wanting to say out loud "I told you so" as the President himself delivered on a golden platter the case for impeachment that Robert Mueller couldn't. I think much of the other stuff to come out now in the course of things will be platinum prizes for the Dems, and more Republican senators will cross party lines in their thinking.

The party claiming to hold Trump accountable have never been held accountable themselves for their corruption.
Wishy-washiness on the part of the Opposition? Maybe that will change too down the pipe.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
At 5.05pm on Tueday, in Washington

From The Hill: Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles

Reporting by Alexander Bolton | Sept 24th, 2019

Senate Republicans are vowing to quickly quash any articles of impeachment that pass the House and warn that Democrats will feel a political backlash if they go forward and impeach President Trump.

Republican senators say there are no grounds to impeach Trump and are daring Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to embark on what they dismiss as a fool’s errand that will turn off swing voters.

“My response to them is go hard or go home,” said Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over impeachment. “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it. And let’s get after it.”

“I think the public will feel like it’s more harassment,” he predicted.

Republicans say that impeachment will boomerang on Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who have tried to resist pressure from the left to impeach Trump for more than a year.

Senate Republican Whip John Thune (S.D.) warned that Democrats are embarking on a politically perilous journey.

“It’s a risky strategy on their part. I know they’re under a lot of pressure to do it, but if you’re the leadership over there, you got to think long and hard about what the implications are if it looks like you’re overreaching,” he said.

Senate Republicans on Tuesday argued there is no basis for impeachment, especially after Trump pledged to release an unredacted transcript of his phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), a senior member of the Judiciary Committee, said, “You can’t tell me they’re talking about impeachment when the president is cooperating with them 100 percent to release these things.”

“It’s premature to talk about impeachment,” he said.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a staunch Trump ally, signaled the House impeachment push would hit a dead end in the Senate.

“I think the Democrats have made this such a partisan exercise that I think most of the public has discounted the idea of it, because I think most believe that it’s become sort of a political attack on the president and nothing more,” he said.

Paul, however, said it’s hard to predict exactly how events will unfold in the Senate because so little is known about the latest allegations.

Trump has acknowledged that military aid was withheld from Ukraine and that he discussed former Vice President Joe Biden with Zelensky during a discussion on corruption. He has said there was no quid pro quo between the two issues and that there was nothing improper in his communications.

A whistleblower within the administration did file a complaint, and the administration has refused to turn that over to lawmakers. While Trump said he would give Congress the transcript of his call with Zelensky, he did not mention the whistleblower complaint.

Senate experts say that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is required to act on House-passed articles of impeachment, which would require 67 votes, or a two-thirds majority, to convict the president.

But McConnell has broad power to set the rules and could ensure the trial on the Senate floor is as brief as possible. He could strictly limit the arguments of House Democratic prosecutors as long as he’s backed up by his fellow GOP senators.

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts would likely preside over a Senate trial, but he would have to follow the rules and traditions of the Senate, where the majority leader sets the schedule and has the right of first recognition.

Under the Senate manual’s rules for impeachment trials, Roberts would rule on all questions of evidence, but any senator could ask for a formal vote to appeal a decision.

It would take a majority under Senate rules to sustain or overrule a ruling from the chair.

That means Democrats would need to convince at least four Republicans to break with the GOP conference in order to bring in any witnesses or exhibits that McConnell decides to block.

McConnell on Tuesday declined to say what he would do, telling reporters only that it’s up to the Senate Intelligence Committee to review the complaint that an unnamed whistleblower filed with intelligence community Inspector General Michael Atkinson.

Atkinson and acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire are scheduled to appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee in closed session on Thursday.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday said articles of impeachment based on the report by former special counsel Robert Mueller would be disposed of quickly in the Senate, reiterating comments he made in May, a month after the report’s release.

“Yeah, if it’s based on the Mueller inquiry,” Graham said when asked if he still believes the Senate will quickly quash articles of impeachment.

Graham said it’s harder to say how the Senate would handle articles of impeachment based on a whistleblower complaint because little is known about its contents.

“Who knows what’s in it,” he said of the Ukraine-related complaint. “I haven’t heard anything. I’m not going to speculate on stuff like that.”

Polls conducted since the start of 2017, when Trump took office, have shown voters consistently oppose impeachment.

An NBC News–Wall Street Journal poll conducted in July showed that 50 percent of registered voters nationwide oppose the launch of impeachment hearings, while only 21 percent said they supported the start of hearings.

In March, the percentage of voters who opposed impeachment hearings stood at 47 percent, according NBC News–Wall Street Journal polling.

An ABC News–Washington Post poll conducted at the end of June and beginning of July found that 59 percent of adults nationwide opposed the start of impeachment proceedings. That number was up from 54 percent in March.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), another member of the Judiciary Committee, said there haven’t been any discussions among Senate Republicans about how to handle an impeachment process because GOP lawmakers assumed that Pelosi wouldn’t embark on a path that registers so much disapproval from voters.

“I just can’t imagine a universe in which Democrats are stupid enough to do that,” Cornyn said hours before Pelosi’s press conference. “I can’t imagine a universe in which that would happen because Nancy Pelosi is simply too shrewd to allow things to get out of control.”

Cornyn said there haven’t been any preparations for impeachment.

“You prepare for the probable, not the improbable,” he said.

Some moderate Democrats are also skeptical about moving ahead with such a divisive process.

Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) said articles of impeachment aren’t going anywhere in the Senate and said the smarter strategy is to push Republicans to conduct oversight of the Trump administration, such as by pressing them to ask for the intelligence community inspector general’s report on the whistleblower complaint.

“The last time I checked, this body is controlled by Republicans. I'd rather get government to work functionally and hold people accountable. I'd rather get the Republicans over here to hold Donald Trump accountable on all sorts of stuff, from building a wall to how he treats our allies.”​

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/462890-senate-gop-vows-to-quash-impeachment-articles

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Cooper Anderson on CNN on Monday, Sept 23rd: Don’t Let What Trump’s Admitted Get Lost in the Noise

Adam Schiff, interviewed after The House Speaker's annoucement on Tuesday: The Big Club Has Been Outted

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Trump's trying to shut the barn door after the horse already got out:

White House preparing to release whistleblower complaint to Congress
Trump has approved releasing the document at the center of his latest standoff with lawmakers, a senior administration official said.

The White House is preparing to release to Congress by the end of the week both the whistleblower complaint and the inspector general report at the center of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, according to a senior administration official, reversing its position after withholding the documents from lawmakers.

The move shows the level of seriousness with which the administration is now approaching the House‘s impeachment proceedings, even as President Donald Trump publicly tried to minimize the inquiry as a “witch hunt,” “presidential harassment,” and even a move that will help him win reelection in 2020.

The administration official stressed the decision and timing could change over the next few days, but as of Tuesday evening, the White House was planning to give the information to lawmakers on Capitol Hill. The format of presentation, or process of viewing the documents, wasn't decided. The president has agreed to the move, the official added.

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff told POLITICO on Tuesday night that he’d received no word on whether the Trump administration would turn over the complaint. A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

The White House’s decision to give lawmakers any information on the whistleblower complaint marks a major change of strategy for the administration, which originally seemed intent on keeping the complaint private. Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire, so far, has declined to turn over the complaint to the congressional intelligence committees as required by law. The White House counsel’s office and Justice Department have spent the past few days reviewing whistleblower laws.

This stonewalling, combined with the president’s July call with the president of Ukraine, prompted House Democrats to launch a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday. Democrats felt like they finally had the right material to do so after months of launching various investigations into Trump’s business dealings and his administration’s policy decisions.

Trump has already promised to release on Wednesday a transcript of his call with the president of Ukraine, during which he is said to have asked the foreign leader to investigate the business dealings of Hunter Biden, son of former Vice President Joe Biden, the front-runner for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

“You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday between meetings with foreign leaders at the United Nations.

But liberal lawyers and Democratic lawmakers said only the whistleblower complaint can fully lay out the allegations against the president.

The three lawyers for the whistleblower, Andrew P. Bakaj, I. Charles McCullough III and Mark Zaid, praised the White House’s decision to release the whistleblower complaint to Congress.

“We applaud the decision to release the whistleblower complaint as it establishes that, ultimately, the lawful whistleblower disclosure process can work. We await the release of the complaint in its totality,” they said in a statement.

The release of the call transcript, which is squarely in the administration’s control, will likely come out first. The administration could use the sequencing of the release of information to its advantage by setting out the best possible story line for Trump early on, just as it did with the release of the Mueller report.

Meanwhile, the whistleblower’s legal team has been in touch with the House and Senate intelligence committees about potentially providing testimony. The whistleblower filed the complaint to the intelligence community inspector general in early August.

Source: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/white-house-whistleblower-complaint-release-1510341

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
While Trump's offer of aid to Ukraine in exchange for dirt on Joe Biden is problematic, the Democrats's dealings with Ukraine (and Russia) are equally problematic. This is the problem I've had with the probes into Trump from the start. It's not that I think Trump isn't massively corrupt, it's that the people investigating him always seem to have their own corrupt baggage. With Mueller, it was his involvement in pushing the WMDs in Iraq lie. With the Democrats, it's the fact that they too turned to Ukraine and Russian sources for dirt on an opponent.

Frank Underwood said:
Valeriy Chaly, the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States at the time, confirmed to me in a statement issued by his office that, in March 2016, a contractor for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) pressed his embassy to try to find any Russian dirt on Trump and Manafort that might reside in Ukraine’s intelligence files.

The DNC contractor also asked Chaly's team to try to persuade Ukraine’s president at the time, Petro Poroshenko, to make a statement disparaging Manafort when the Ukrainian leader visited the United States during the 2016 election.

Chaly said his embassy rebuffed both requests because it recognized they were improper efforts to get a foreign government to try to influence the election against Trump and for Hillary Clinton.
Frank Underwood said:
Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior U.S. Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, worked in 2016 as a contractor for Fusion GPS, the same Hillary Clinton-funded opposition research firm that hired Christopher Steele, the British spy who wrote the now-debunked dossier linking Trump to Russia collusion.

Nellie Ohr testified to Congress that some of the dirt she found on Trump during her 2016 election opposition research came from a Ukrainian parliament member. She also said that she eventually took the information to the FBI through her husband — another way Ukraine got inserted into the 2016 election.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
“You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday
Even if there was no quid pro quo, it's still a crime, Sir!

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Pete Buttigieg on Chris Cuomo's show: Impeachment is a moment of truth for this country

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
CNN: What the whistle-blower says:

House intel committee public hearing: Opening statement of Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
The night before the House Intel Committee hearing:

Lawmakers Who've Seen Trump Whistleblower Complaint Call It Disturbing | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

Joe: Attorney General Barr Took This To A New Level | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Side note: The call transcript was released to present the “best outlook” scenario. Many people were against the release of the transcript, for good reason. Legal eagles say what’s said in it raises 5 legal issues to be looked at. Not a smart move on Mr Trump’s part.

Pentagon Letter Says Ukraine Took 'Substantial Actions' Against Corruption | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Cenk and Ana are no fans of Pelosi’s Way. (Her preference for the impeachment proceedings to narrowly focus on all the doings with Ukraine.)

Where I disagree with Cenk and Ana is that I don’t think the Dems have incompetent leadership. They know what they’re doing, boxing in the Republicans. And I believe that Nancy Pelosi expertly understands Mr Trump’s psychological profile. Knows what will push his buttons.

Based on what he’s been saying the last 24 hours, I believe that he’s already tipped over, and will continue to mentally unravel. President Trump's Papa Doc talk must have his 4 or 5 minders very worried about what he’ll say or do next.

Such as what he said on a leaked audio which can be heard here:

Once this weekend is over, and folk have had time to digest the news, they will react, and we’ll see it reflected in Trump’s polling numbers – they’ll crash. I think Cenk’s and Ana’s fears that Pelosi will blow the impeachment proceedings are over-blown. But we may never get to see it all play out. I still believe, as I’ve said on another thread in this forum, that Mr Trump will impulsively up and quit, no thinking twice about the fact that he hasn’t run out the statute of limitations on some things.

I'm now waiting for some other Trump family drama, which I think will come sooner rather than later – news of Jared & Ivanka in the soup about cover-ups.

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Poll Support For Impeachment

(Sept 27th 2019) The Hill reports: Support for Trump impeachment rises 12 points in new poll

Excerpts:

A NEW Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago. (The poll showed 47 per cent of respondents support that decision.)

The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump’s communications with Ukraine.

Meanwhile, opposition to impeachment dipped 3 points to 42 per cent, while 11 per cent of those polled in the new survey said they weren't sure or didn't know.

The Hill-HarrisX survey surveyed among 1,001 voters and the margin of error was 3.1 percentage points.

Source: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/463408-support-for-impeachment-rises-12-points-in-new-poll

(Sept 28th 2019) The Hill also reports: Public opinion polls show shift toward impeaching Trump

Extract:

PUBLIC opinion is shifting in favor of Democrats on impeachment, with new polls showing about half the nation supports a House inquiry into President Trump after revelations he pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden.

The latest NPR-PBS NewsHour-Marist poll found 49 per cent approval for impeachment, against 46 per cent who said they disapprove. That’s a 10-point jump in favor of impeachment over the same survey from April, around the time that former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian election interference was released.

A Politico-Morning Consult survey found a similar bounce in a short period of time, with support for impeachment spiking 7 points in the week since the Ukrainian revelations came to light, although only 36 per cent in that poll said they support impeachment, compared to 49 per cent who said they oppose.

... (Friday's Hill-HarrisX survey) ...

And a Harvard CAPS-Harris survey released on Thursday shortly before the release of a whistleblower complaint confirmed the upward trend toward impeachment.

That survey found the public split at 50-50 on whether Trump should be impeached for “pressuring” the Ukrainian president to investigate Biden’s dealings in the country, including 52 per cent of independents. The same poll conducted in July, around the time of Mueller’s testimony to Congress, found only 40 percent of voters overall and 24 per cent of independents backing impeachment.

“The poll shows that the public has serious concern over the Trump actions,” said Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll.

“These are generally higher numbers than during the Mueller investigation and most consider his actions inappropriate, even if not impeachable,” he said.

Still, there are some soft spots in the polling for Democrats, particularly among independents and voters in the suburbs, who have recently looked like a potential area of strength for the party.

The NPR survey found that 44 per cent of independents support impeachment, against 50 per cent who said they oppose it.

And suburban voters are evenly divided, with 48 per cent saying they approve and 49 per cent saying they disapprove.

Democrats have been hoping to pick up new House seats in suburban districts, where women appear to be turning against the president and fast-changing demographic trends have turned once reliably Republican districts a deeper shade of purple.

“The only poll that will really matter is after the House votes to impeach him, only then will we know if independents in key states think he should be impeached,” said one Democratic operative. “If it’s a no, we lose. If it’s a yes, then we have a chance. I think if the election were tomorrow, the ‘witch hunt’ narrative is still stronger than the argument that he’s used his office for personal gain. We’ll see.”

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...nion-polls-show-shift-toward-impeaching-trump

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Pompeo Grapples for Ways to Outlast Hurricane Rudy
One top official is out. Congress is at the doorstep. And the president’s lawyer is practically taunting him on live television. What does the Secretary of State do now?

By Erin Banco, National Security Reporter & Asawin Suebsaeng, White House Reporter for The Daily Beast
Updated 09.28.19 / Published 09.27.19

America’s top diplomat has a Rudy Giuliani problem.

President Trump’s lawyer is now calling out his State Department officials by name on national television for their role in a plot to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate a long-time political rival. Giuliani’s mission to dig up dirt on that rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, has the president staring at an impeachment inquiry instead. And now, the full wrath of congressional investigators is bearing down on Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and his team. On Friday afternoon, the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, and Oversight Committees scheduled five people for depositions in the coming weeks. All five are current or former State Department employees. Pompeo himself was subpoenaed for Ukraine-related documents.

All of which has left Pompeo wondering if there’s any way to clean up his Rudy mess. According to sources inside State, Pompeo and his advisers have openly expressed anger about Giuliani’s television appearances.

One of those officials, U.S. Special Envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker, resigned his position less than 24 hour after his texts were read on Fox News by Giuliani. His departure was first reported by the Free State Press.

Pompeo is reportedly livid about Giuliani for sharing these private text messages on-air and for publicly dragging U.S. diplomats deeper and deeper into the scandal with him. Pompeo at one point asked an aide if reaching out to Giuliani and asking him to tone it down was an option. It’s unclear if Pompeo or other senior officials from the department have communicated with Giuliani since the publication earlier this week of a bombshell whistleblower complaint about Team Trump’s Ukraine squeeze.

Pompeo is hardly the first member of Team Trump to be vexed by Giuliani. Even before this latest saga unfolded, there certainly hasn’t been a shortage in this White House of senior staffers who privately bash Giuliani as a liability for Trump and his administration. However, some senior White House officials have actively avoided criticizing or declined to even try to rein in Giuliani for fear of upsetting the president. One senior Trump aide described the president’s confidant and personal attorney as both a “wild man” and a “protected” person in Trumpworld, due to his close relationship with the president, who he more-or-less successfully defended during the two-year, high-stakes Mueller investigation.​

Full report: https://www.thedailybeast.com/mike-pompeo-grapples-for-ways-to-outlast-hurricane-rudy

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
The Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein, who helped expose President Nixon, said yesterday that President Trump is experiencing "an unravelling" in the face of evidence of his corruption:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
MSNBC’s Katy Tur has questioned Trump Adviser Marc Lotter over Joe Biden’s claims that Ivanka was getting copyrights in China; a country with which the US President is negotiating tariffs. ....Video and story here: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/katy-tu...why-is-ivanka-is-getting-copyrights-in-china/

It’s worth noting that on the issue of conflicts of interest, the Washington Post reported (July 23rd 2019): “As the son of the vice president, Hunter Biden was not required to disclose anything about his job or his income, even if it posed a potential conflict. Under the law, only the dealings of an officeholder and spouse must be disclosed, leaving conflicts with children and other family members potentially unknown.

Regarding Hunter Biden, Reuters has reported that Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau said on Friday (Sept 27th) that it was investigating activity at Burisma Holdings between 2010-2012, but that it was not looking into changes to its board in 2014 when Hunter Biden joined.

Regarding the Greece-registered but Ukraine-based Burisma, The Hill reported in April that Yuri Lutsenko, the current Ukrainian prosecutor general, had told its columnist that while investigating Burisma he’d found information of interest about Joe Biden’s intervention in the case. The following month, Lutsenko clarified with Bloomberg News (reported May 16th) that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe or Hunter Biden.

Hunter Biden had been a director of Burisma for the past 5 years, before quietly quitting his seat on the board just before his father announced his presidential candidacy.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Trump Impeachment Probe Confronts 'Russian Way Of Doing Politics' | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC