Would you visit Chernobyl?

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's warm enough Mo. Your fur should cover you but I'm a bit worried about the radiation levels getting to you.

It will be so romantic, Sar. Can Priya from Emmerdale come with us ?

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The tour bus actually drove off and left my friend stranded. It was 10 minutes before it came back for him. Gareth thought that was how he was going to end.
I think that's quite horrifying. If they must turn the area into a tourist attraction, visitors must be closely supervised so they stay in designated areas that have been thoroughly decontaminated. Leaving someone on their own when they could stumble on some radioactivity is completely irresponsible.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's a bit odd to see people basically licking the ground of Chernobyl - I remember growing up and eating sand would make you die.

Now they roll around in said sand and... ?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
In my plans for a trip in Ukraine, next October, Chernobyl is a compulsory destination. There're a hugue offer of tours from Kiev. I have found many interesting facts about Ukraine through travelsites.com

I'm off to the Netherlands on Friday.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I ever visited Chernobyl - or Auschwitz - I just couldn't bring I camera. These are sacred places.

What's wrong with people? When did I become normal?