Netflix You

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why is there not a thread on this one?

I thought there was a thread, I recall seeing something.

Anyway, whether there is one or not we started this last night with two episodes and three more this evening. My initial thought was why is everyone talking about how great this show is, then I thought, maybe that's why there isn't a thread on it. Nobody wants to talk about it.

Then we started episode 5 and finally, something started to click with me - Peach is a great character. Yeah, I know Joe is really great too, but I always struggled to find a connection or even any kind of chemistry from any other character beside Joe. Beck reminds me too much of Alison Parker from MELROSE PLACE

I also couldn't wrap my head around how Joe actually leads a normal life when he spends every waking hour stalking Beck or Peach. Now that he's attacked (and thought he killed) Peach I'm starting to get interested in the drama.

I've heard that season 2 is much better than the first season.

Whether you comment in here or not, don't mention any plot that comes after the first 5 episodes.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've heard that season 2 is much better than the first season
I really liked season 1 from the very beginning but I struggled with season 2 sometimes.
I also couldn't wrap my head around how Joe actually leads a normal life when he spends every waking hour stalking Beck or Peach

Wasn't this guy all over the place 24/7?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Scrolling past this thread title a couple of times has given me a bad case of the earworms...

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why is there not a thread on this one?

I think maybe a few of us discussed it in the Netflix thread. That thread was a great catch all for whatever people were binging at the time.

I've heard that season 2 is much better than the first season.

I don't know if I think the second season was better. It took me a few episodes to really get into it. There are so many characters. (One of them grew on me immensely and I'm looking forward to discussing him with you.) The season did get compelling in the second half. There was a split second in the last episode where I thought they were going to make a really exciting choice to take the third season in a different direction but sadly they didn't. Overall I enjoyed the second season as much as the first.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I will say the main thing season 2 has over season 1 is this:

Any season with Charlie Barnett in it is instantly a little better.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I posted this on the "What Show Are You Watching?" Thread when I finished Season 1 of "You" last month:

"This week I bingewatched "You", a 10-episode series that gives another twist to the "Dexter" scenario, this time with a young librarian who falls in love (aka gets obsessed with) an aspiring writer in N.Y.C. It´s one of the most addictive shows I´ve seen this year, and to my surprise, it has been renewed for a second season. The surprise comes from the fact that, well, the main character is a
psycho killer who murders half the cast

The actor who plays him is Penn Badgley, one of the "Gossip Girl" stars, who does an AMAZING work here, up to what Michael C. Hall did on "Dexter". There are a lot of original elements in this, but to be honest, it follows the scenario of "misfit guy who lives in a world full of people who deserve what they´re going to get..." The scripts are great and every actor has been perfectly cast, but the success of the series belongs to Badgley, undoubtedly, who bears a little resemblance to James Franco (which is addressed in one of the episodes).

Can´t wait to watch Season 2 (but I still have to finish the last of "Mr. Robot"!!).

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
but the success of the series belongs to Badgley
I found his voice-over narration a little relentless in season 2, but maybe that's because the novelty of it had worn off a bit? I thought it was an OK sequel series but I probably won't watch another season.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I found his voice-over narration a little relentless in season 2, but maybe that's because the novelty of it had worn off a bit? I thought it was an OK sequel series but I probably won't watch another season.

I could listen to his voice all day (and night). Besides, I watch the Spanish dubbed version...but his original voice is very hot TOO. :danc:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought there was a thread, I recall seeing something.

I must be hallucinating because I too was convinced I posted a reply to a thread about the second season of You about a week ago but I can't find it now.

What I said was that after 2 watching the first 2 episodes I was enjoying season 2 every bit as much as season 1. However now that I've watched the whole season I think the second season wasn't as good as the first. I can't really expand on that without posting spoilers but I felt the series drifted from stretching credibility to being quite far-fetched. However it was compelling viewing and very entertaining to the end.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We finished season one at the weekend and as much as I didn't care too much about the whole story, I absolutely loved the end where he finished off Beck (she was annoying on many levels) and how he built the whole murder on the therapist.

We started season 2 last night, the ending of the first episode blew me away when it was revealed that he had abducted this guy called Will and the second episode where he killed Jasper, even though it was moving more and more towards a Dexter move.

The characters in season two (so far) are more promising than those in the first season, apart from Peach.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wasn't this guy all over the place 24/7?
Yes, totally and somehow I got past that eventually. I think I'm getting past it now with Joe.

I don't know if I think the second season was better. It took me a few episodes to really get into it.
Were you a little bit shocked by the ending of that first episode? It rocked my boat! :lol:

(One of them grew on me immensely and I'm looking forward to discussing him with you.)
Could this be Forty? I thought of you when I saw him, not sure why he reminded me of you.

The Australian?
I can't figure out if he's been in it yet. I'm confusing myself by thinking of the airport guy who throws lavish parties.

I will say the main thing season 2 has over season 1 is this:
He's playing a very different role to that on CHICAGO FIRE

Can´t wait to watch Season 2
Oh... Don't read my last post or any more of this post....

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I absolutely loved the end where he finished off Beck (she was annoying on many levels)
She was a pain in the *ss and he was a selfless psychopath, and I think that's what made the viewing experience so confusing, but in a good way.
YOU is all about HIM, and eventhough I loved all the twists and eccentric new characters of season 2, it was at the expense of Joe Goldberg (imho).
I really hated the ghost of Beck, I found it very disruptive and a waste of dialogue, but at least they got rid of her early on in the series. Ghosts are so overrated.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
he was a selfless psychopath

I find Joe totally fascinating, but is he a psychopath? We've seen him care about some people, the kid Paco and the new kid on the block Ellie and while he's in the beginnings of a relationship, he cares about Beck. I'm not sure if fits psychopath, but only because I believed they have no empathy towards anyone.

I really hated the ghost of Beck
Damn this woman! She annoyed me far too much when she was alive, I really don't want her appearing as a bloody ghost. I hate stories that involve people haunted by those they kill.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And another thing - are the twins' parents big fans of tennis?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find Joe totally fascinating, but is he a psychopath?
He justifies all his actions including the crimes by saying/thinking it's all in the name of love.
But to be honest I don't know what the correct medical term is for his behaviour.
We've seen him care about some people, the kid Paco and the new kid on the block Ellie
A dangerous person doesn't have to be dangerous/evil in everything he does. It can be a big or small part of his personality.

Either way, he was so likeable because he was willing to sacrifice everything for Beck. The disturbing thing is that he had no intention whatsoever to give her a choice - it had to happen, the good way or the bad way.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But to be honest I don't know what the correct medical term is for his behaviour.
Well, I'm so far off trying to figure it out, but that doesn't stop me trying and adds to the enjoyment.