Your avatar stories

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am not Emma Samms. Or Ray Abruzzo :lol:

Kidding again. I obviously put them on my avatar because I loved them as a couple in Dynasty. I think Emma was never that beautiful before. And I had a huge crush on Ray when I was a teen.

Last edited:

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My current avatar(for several years) has been a slightly post-Dallas Kimberly Foster with longer hair. It's one of my favorite images of her. The circular avatar doesn't really hinder the image so I'm not complaining.
I'll leave her more familiar shorter hair-style look to my signature for now. Michelle Stevens is my favorite soap character. :obvious:

I am not Emma Samms. Or Ray Abruzzo :lol:

Kidding again. I obviously put them on my avatar because I loved them as a couple in Dynasty. I think Emma was never that beautiful before. And I had a huge crush on Ray when I was a teen.

Ray Abruzzo portrayal of "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi on the Sopranos was brilliant. I had forgotten about his time on Dynasty so I appreciate seeing him in your avatar.

I enjoy seeing everyone's avatars as they change over time. Some I recognize and others I don't. I certainly remember @Ome when you had Captain Phasma of Star Wars as your avatar some years ago, my favourite of yours thus far.

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They didn't have avatars when I joined the old, old forum so that wasn't a factor when I chose my screen name.
When they came in I had a bit of a problem compared to members who'd chosen a character name but luckily I found this pic at the old Knots Landing Reborn site.
I think it looked better square but it's no big deal.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My avatar is CBS Sports icon Jim Nantz, when he was on The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 college football season on CBS; The Prudential College Football Report was the halftime studio scoreboard show of CBS college football broadcasts then, and was the first thing that Jim Nantz did in his three-and-a-half-decade run (and still going) with CBS Sports (he started there when he was 26, and is now 61 and still going).

Jim Nantz was there for four seasons (1985 through '88), and had Pat Haden and the late, great Ara Parseghian as his partners over that run (Haden for the 1985 season, and Parseghian for the 1987 and '88 seasons [Jim was alone in the 1986 season]); he left after the 1988 season, and Greg Gumbel came in for one more season of that segment under that title in 1989 (Greg's co-host being Mike Francesa).

The view in the avatar is of Jim in front of the big monitor at Studio 43 of the CBS Broadcast Center in New York for CBS Sports, with the halftime score of a game between Arizona and UCLA that was being broadcast that day.

Last edited:

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really like the new circles for the avatar, but I am not really sure yet which avatar to use, I have been jumping back and forth quite a bit lately which image to use.
But for now I have an ABBA avatar because I listen to ABBA a lot now, but it could also be just be a picture of Dallas or another series or artist that i like.

But there is also a picture from The Lindsay Wagner as the Bionic Woman that i really like, i used i for a couple of days, but i'm thinking about to used it again.

1598742404600.png

Last edited:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really like the new circles for the avatar, but I am not really sure yet which avatar to use, I have been jumping back and forth quite a bit lately which image to use.
But for now I have an ABBA avatar because I listen to ABBA a lot now, but it could also be just be a picture of Dallas or another series or artist that i like.

But there is also a picture from The Lindsay Wagner as the Bionic Woman that i really like, i used i for a couple of days, but i'm thinking about to used it again.

View attachment 22275

Me voting this up.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound

I met her in 2007, by a fluke i was in Palm Springs on the day Linda Grays ex - Ed Thrasher - and Lindsay Wagners Uncle was getting a posthumous star on their Walk of Fame. I got chatting to organisers and got an invite to the party afterwards which was a bonus, cherry on the cake and icing on top. She was lovely and had aged really well, an intersting lady.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I changed my avatar to Ingrid Bergman and she was born and died on Aug 29th and I think she is the most fascinating actress out there, a beautiful, gracious and courageous lady who was banished form USA as she had an affair and child out of wedlock and for her battle against cancer. The avatar is from an intervew on UK TV with Michael Parkinson in late 1980. I would seriously do anything to get my hands on the whole interview!! 2 years later she had died, but what a legacy and mum to Isabella Rossellini, now her double.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I met her in 2007, by a fluke i was in Palm Springs on the day Linda Grays ex - Ed Thrasher - and Lindsay Wagners Uncle was getting a posthumous star on their Walk of Fame. I got chatting to organisers and got an invite to the party afterwards which was a bonus, cherry on the cake and icing on top. She was lovely and had aged really well, an intersting lady.

Oh wow, that must have been a great experience meeting her @Barbara Fan , she seems like a really nice woman in real life too, I've always been a fan of her movies and series she starred in, I think Lindsay along with Meryl Streep and Linda Gray are my three favorite actresses.

Linda Gray was there too? that must be a amazing experience for you, did you know that both actresses also played in the same movie in 1979 called "The Two Worlds Of Jennie Logan"?, I never seen that movie but sounds very misterious.

1598815301215.png

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I changed my avatar to Ingrid Bergman and she was born and died on Aug 29th and I think she is the most fascinating actress out there, a beautiful, gracious and courageous lady who was banished form USA as she had an affair and child out of wedlock and for her battle against cancer. The avatar is from an intervew on UK TV with Michael Parkinson in late 1980. I would seriously do anything to get my hands on the whole interview!! 2 years later she had died, but what a legacy and mum to Isabella Rossellini, now her double.

That's a nice picture from Ingrid Bergman, we all know you love Barbara Bel Geddes, but you sure must keep this picture for a while.

And i decide to changed my avatar back to Lindsay Wagner as The Bionic Woman, i really love this picture so I hope that I can now keep this picture for a longer period of time. :)

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And BTW, here's a wider shot of Studio 43 in New York at the CBS Broadcast Center for CBS Sports-- I neglected to include that in my original post; this is where Jim Nantz held court on The Prudential College Football Report, as well as another icon by the name of Brent Musburger (Brent known for The NFL Today on the same network on Sundays, just as much as Jim Nantz was w/The Prudential College Football Report on Saturdays).

prucfr86studio2.jpg

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
  • Do you like our new, circular avvys?
Well, it took a lot of soul-searching and long nights awake pondering what I wanted. Then it came to me like it was meant to be. Patsy! Oh the joy when I thought of it! The brilliance of my mind.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's a great shot from the Bionic Woman, maybe i will have took more in to these gif files. thanks. :);)
I use GIPHY, it has an app on iOS which can be used for texting. A friend of mine have had entire conversations with gifs lol

You can also search images on google and isolate just gifs.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I use GIPHY, it has an app on iOS which can be used for texting. A friend of mine have had entire conversations with gifs lol

You can also search images on google and isolate just gifs.

Okay thanks, i don't know how to make gif files but it sounds a lot of fun to make them, i don't know if my pc has the right tools to make themm i'll have too look in at that.