Reaction score
Awards

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I drink nowhere near enough what the recommended daily water intake is. I go through two bottles of 500ml a day, I think we're supposed to drink 8 bottles of 500ml.

That said, I don't suffer with any of those problems highlighted in the video.

It was an interesting video.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed in my new job I drink a silly amount of diet soft drinks. The place is just so hot all the time and water doesn't seem to quench the thirst just as well even though it actually is doing just that. In my 20s I had no problem drinking loads of water, lately I have noticed I don't drink enough.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed in my new job I drink a silly amount of diet soft drinks. The place is just so hot all the time and water doesn't seem to quench the thirst just as well even though it actually is doing just that. In my 20s I had no problem drinking loads of water, lately I have noticed I don't drink enough.
The carbonation in soft drinks was always a draw for me. So today I drink a lot of carbonated seltzer waters, ones that are often flavored but not sweetened in any way.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The carbonation in soft drinks was always a draw for me. So today I drink a lot of carbonated seltzer waters, ones that are often flavored but not sweetened in any way.
Maybe I'll try that, carbonated flavoured water. I've started to feel guilty chugging down cans of diet cola. Wondering just what all the brown sludge and chemical sweeteners are doing to my body and brain.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the problem with water is that it tastes like nothing, and therefore it doesn't create a "thirst" for more.
People like nice and tasty stuff.

The only way to do it properly is to make it part of your routine, otherwise you'll forget or find an excuse to skip a water-intake.
In other words, like most things that have-to-be-done, it's a chore.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I'll try that, carbonated flavoured water. I've started to feel guilty chugging down cans of diet cola. Wondering just what all the brown sludge and chemical sweeteners are doing to my body and brain.
Terrible things. I couldn't get rid of my recurrent back problem until I got off of aspartame entirely. After a while, it was gone and never came back. Plus, those diet artificial sweeteners actually lock up your metabolism far worse than sugar.

High fructose corn syrup is awful too, a laboratory-made substance which riddles your body with inflammation.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In other words, like most things that have-to-be-done, it's a chore.
It feels like that at first, when you're not used to it. I've even heard people say they gag on the water halfway down -- which I think I may remember myself.

But once you get used to drinking a lot of water (which happens quickly) you crave it and wonder what succubus monster was preventing you from drinking it before.

Soapina

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
guys, stop drinking these pops! it's so unhealthy for both your body and teeth! Only clean water or green tea.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I walk between 40-80 miles each week. I drink between 1-3.5 litres of water a day. Today, I've walked 17.7 miles so far. But I've only had 1.5 litres so far. I put a water logging app on my phone to make sure I now drink at least 2 litres. I walk between 20-27 miles each Thursday. I can walk 5 miles in about 75 minutes now. Drinking more water seems to prevent my headaches and migraine attacks. I also drink those refrigerated 5-litre still water bottles within three days.