• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

A question about "Survival" (Season 2, Episode 9)

Lotus Point Tundra Torque

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Wizard of Oz

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dukes of Hazzard has not aged well at all Dallas i think has aged better

I remember you posting this and thought of you when a Duke's episode popped up yesterday.

The reason Dukes of Hazzard, The A-team, and Knight Rider are fun to watch today is precisely BECAUSE they don't hold up!

Sound crazy?

The shows don't hold up because we can clearly see the green screen. It sticks out at us now that the characters are in a car on a soundstage with a fan blowing on their hair. It is obvious those are fake explosions.

But that is why it's fun to watch. Because we can look at this and think, "There was a time when we were so innocent. We knew it was a green screen but we played along. We were just so wide eyed and innocent back then".

Dallas holds that same appeal. We look at it today and know that J.R.s antics could never be tolerated. But we watch Dallas and think, "We were so innocent back then. We were happy to suspend disbelief from time to time because the whole thing was just so much FUN."

Watch the scene where Pam's car hits the tanker. It is so fake and cheesey that it could never be shown today. But it's fun to remember a time when we were young and just overlooked it because of the fun of it all.

Good times. . .

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ha, or Bobby proclaiming, “It’s over. None of that happened” in response to Pam’s weepy recap of season 8. And obliviously overlooking the fact that his new fiancée dreamed of her previous, now dead fiancé the night after Bobby proposed to her. LOL.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i have not watched the A-Team for years up on years so i can't say weather that holds up but i love Knight Rider and i think that one has aged well it's i think aged better than say baywatch.