Telly Talk's Favourite TV Characters

THE SPIN-OFF

Actors who deserve a lesser career

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i can't think of one thing off the top of my head that i've seen her in and i don't consider Sciencetology a religion at all it's i think a cult not a religion there's a difference in my book, some say what about so and so well the vast majority doesn't make you between seeing or talking to having contact with friends and family to if you wanted to leave it you can't ever talk to them again period. that's not a religion it's a cult but other than that outside of the cult yeah people can believe whatever they want i guess

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Scientology is dangerous
As long as it is consensual and as long as they don't drop bombs it's all fine with me.
When Kirstie Alley did Big Brother she came across as a lovely and intelligent person and she didn't want to talk about Scientology.

Personally, I think twitter - that cesspool of stupid, spur-of-the-moment opinions - has way too much power, they really ought to shut it down.

Rove

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jennifer Anniston and the rest of her smug friends
I agree with you there Barbara. Jennifer and her friends recent get together was just another huge grab of money they don't really need. The royalties alone they receive from Friends could allow them to live happily ever-after. And the way the media here in Australia was offering free publicity for the so called Friends Reunion was bordering on stupidity. The assumption was people were expecting a continuation. I kept having to remind people its not.

During its initial run I enjoyed the series but the humour doesn't carry well. Remove the laugh track and most of it isn't that funny.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As long as it is consensual and as long as they don't drop bombs it's all fine with me.
When Kirstie Alley did Big Brother she came across as a lovely and intelligent person and she didn't want to talk about Scientology.

Personally, I think twitter - that cesspool of stupid, spur-of-the-moment opinions - has way too much power, they really ought to shut it down.
I used the word "dangerous" to describe Scientology deliberately. It is a group that employs tactics of brainwashing to get new converts. When I was an impressionable 19 year old I inadvertently went through a Scientology indoctrination after I was approached on Tottenham Court Road in London to do a free personality test. They concluded that I wasn't happy and unfulfilled and would benefit from counselling which they could offer me for free. They wouldn't left me go until I signed up for it but I refused. Then a succession of different people came in to try and persuade me to go to their counselling and this built to a point when I felt very pressurised and vulnerable. It went on for almost 2 hours before they let me go. At no point did they say they were Scientologists, I only found that out after I left.

I think they use underhand and clandestine methods to seduce people into joining their cult before their victims realise what they are getting into. After my personal experience, it would be hard for anyone to persuade me that Scientology is not a dangerous organisation but that doesn't mean there are not individuals in the group that are honest, decent and faithful people.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
there are some sane people from Scientology out there John Travolta is suppose to be a really nice guy. than you have Tom Cruise and if he quit the cult they would prolly go under since he's their #1 face pretty much. and saying it's dangerous is a vast understatement i think there is a you tuber i sometimes watch who talks about having left it and he lives around there in California and he did a video about a year or two ago where he was saying they hate the fact he does videos about them and they apparently even killed his dog, i am not sure about the story on that to be fair but how f... up is that? i can totally see them to do that too, sure there are some sane people i'm sure in their but than celebs have more rights than the everyday joe does. if you are a celeb you have outside friends from the cult yet if you are a nobody you don't have that right i don't think.

anyways another person i cannot stand is Channing Tatum have you seen the movie Fighting (2008) ? the film itself isn't bad actually but it's like a piece of drift wood shows more emotion than he did in that film. yeah he has improved a little since than but still i just cannot stand him.funny enough his 1st role he ever did was on an episode of CSI: Miami in i think (2004) ? i watched it not that long ago that's why i remember it. well his first acting role that was on film when i looked him up not that long ago it said he did videos before that that's why i said it like that

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And what was your opinion?
I didn’t feel unhappy but to be honest I never really gave how I felt much thought, I was just living my life day to day.

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Mark-Paul Gosselaar is a mystery to me. Since Franklin & Bash went off the air he was lead actor in four flop shows. Before that he starred in three other shows that failed. I remember when he was supposed to do a Heather Locklear by joining Commander in Chief, another flop in his résumé. When he joined NYPD Blue it was no big deal like Jimmy Smits or Rick Schroder, he was just there. He stayed with the show until the end, but I don't think he did anything to improve ratings.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
honestly Sandler can be good it's just that he does so many of these shitty comedy's and some of them the past i liked Click (2006) was the last one i really liked but than you get That's my Boy (2012) or Jack and Jill (2009) i believe where i dunno what the hell he was smoking if he wrote it or if someone else did.

if you watch his drama stuff he's good in it, but the public can't accept him in serious roles much like Stallone who has tried series roles outside of Rocky that is and nobody can take him serious the fans i mean. even though Oscar (1991) is one of the funniest movies of all time and is easily is best comedy hands down.

Robin Williams Genius that he was started out doing comedy as well but his 2nd film was The World according to Garp (1982) which is easily my favorite film of his well there are a handful of others too but that one is my favorite. that one is i think a black comedy ? it's been a long time since i last saw it but it's well worth a look.

as for others i don't care for Marilyn Monroe i haven't seen that many of her movies to be honest other than in some like it hot (1959) and maybe one or two more but i just don't think she's that great of an actress. i don't get why people love her so much i really don't, even as a kid and i didn't see her films i didn't see the appeal now Judy Garland i get. i know there's some M. Monroe fans on here and i'm sorry to offend you but i tried to watch Gentlemen Prefer Blonds (1953) more than once and her acting just takes me right of the movie and i still haven' t seen the whole thing. she was good on Some like it hot (1959) cause well it was Billy Wilder directing and he worked well with her i think even though she was nothing but a pain in the ass during filming apparently at least to some of the cast anyways if i recall and i think even to Wilder as well.

i can't remember off hand.