• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Alexis' Denver triplex penthouse; turned into a Dallas hotel...

PhD.in.Dynasty

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Beaches
I am not sure whether anyone has noticed this before -- after Alexis moved out of her triplex penthouse when taking the mansion from Blake, the whole building was torn down and reconstructed brick by brick in Dallas, where it was turned into a hotel, in which J.R. Ewing stayed after leaving Southfork (the end of season 11).

The building is clearly haunted, not only did Mark Jennings fall to his death there in Denver, but in Dallas, J.R. pushed Sue Ellen's lover over the balcony. People, get higher railings!

Rumor has it the building is now back in Los Angeles, called the Longford.

PS Seriously, was Dallas using Dynasty stock footage establishing shots at this point? There can't just be one luxury condo building in LA?

See below:

1) the building in Dynasty:

Dynasty1.png
Dynasty2.png

2) And in Dallas:

Dallas1.png
Dallas3.png

Dallas2.png

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not only did Alexis and J.R. live there, so did Michael Jackson. The building has a twin, The Westford, which I find to be odd naming as The Longford is to the West of The Westford. With all of the buildings in L.A. I wonder why the producers of Dallas would choose a location that had been used on Dynasty? Did they bother to check if the building had been used for previous TV and film shooting? Maybe Dallas used The Westford so it wouldn't have turned up in a list of Dynasty filming locations.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I imagine that there's a limited amount of building owners that will allow their buildings to be seen so clearly on television since it might attract unwanted attention, so it might just be easier for these shows to re-use buildings / buy stock footage.

The funniest stock footage has to be from the season 7 finale though - the only reason why Alexis took such a dumpy car to drive away in is because they bought the footage of a car driving off a bridge...

PhD.in.Dynasty

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Beaches
The same building was used as Zach's condo in "The Colbys" !
Haha, yes! I hadn’t noticed, it’s shot from a slightly different angle.
4C1C3849-7668-42C2-BF8E-662CA244A902.png

58DC3546-6BE5-48AD-970A-64C3533704AB.png

Not only did Alexis and J.R. live there, so did Michael Jackson. The building has a twin, The Westford, which I find to be odd naming as The Longford is to the West of The Westford. With all of the buildings in L.A. I wonder why the producers of Dallas would choose a location that had been used on Dynasty? Did they bother to check if the building had been used for previous TV and film shooting? Maybe Dallas used The Westford so it wouldn't have turned up in a list of Dynasty filming locations.

I imagine that there's a limited amount of building owners that will allow their buildings to be seen so clearly on television since it might attract unwanted attention, so it might just be easier for these shows to re-use buildings / buy stock footage.

The funniest stock footage has to be from the season 7 finale though - the only reason why Alexis took such a dumpy car to drive away in is because they bought the footage of a car driving off a bridge...

All that money spent on these shows and then this… but I get the unwanted attention point. Didn’t people back in the day travel to Denver and demanded to speak with Alexis?