• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Netflix Alice In Borderland

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone seen this series? It a bit like Squid Game but not as good as that series. A group of people are forced to play a series of games in which the winners survive and the losers die. I thought it was a very watchable series in which you see characters bond and work together to survive in one game and in the next game they have to compete against each other to knowing their success will mean the death of their friends.

Well worth watching if you are suffering from Squid Game withdrawal.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've recently finished watching season 2 of Alice In Borderland and I thought season 1 was good but this one was even better. This series doesn't get the attention it deserves. It's truly a superb piece of television. Every episode is well constructed, the action is first class, the special effects are excellent, the acting is brilliant and the drama and tension are off the scale. I can't praise this series enough.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We loved Squid Game and are half way through season 2 of Alice. It's a great show but without the humour of Squid Game, so not quite as fun for us.

Season 2 is more enjoyable as it delves a bit deeper into what's actually going on, Best one (so far) for us was the Solitary confinement game....absolutely loved that one. Looking forward to finishing season 2 and seeing where it goes. Definitely needs more press and attention.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
We loved Squid Game and are half way through season 2 of Alice. It's a great show but without the humour of Squid Game, so not quite as fun for us.

Season 2 is more enjoyable as it delves a bit deeper into what's actually going on, Best one (so far) for us was the Solitary confinement game....absolutely loved that one. Looking forward to finishing season 2 and seeing where it goes. Definitely needs more press and attention.
Was that the Jack of Hearts game where everyone wore the collars and they had to guess the card suit that was generated on the back? I totally loved that game. I also liked the King of Clubs game, the one with the naked man, because I thought he was such a fascinating character. He was the villain of the game but he had different sides to his personality that made him so interesting.

I recently found out that Arisu is how the name Alice is written in Japanese which explains the title of the series, and Usagi is Japanese for rabbit, after the white rabbit in Alice In Wonderland. It's those little details that contribute to making the series so great.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Was that the Jack of Hearts game where everyone wore the collars and they had to guess the card suit that was generated on the back? I totally loved that game. I also liked the King of Clubs game, the one with the naked man, because I thought he was such a fascinating character. He was the villain of the game but he had different sides to his personality that made him so interesting.

I recently found out that Arisu is how the name Alice is written in Japanese which explains the title of the series, and Usagi is Japanese for rabbit, after the white rabbit in Alice In Wonderland. It's those little details that contribute to making the series so great.
Yes, the collar game....great fun, as was the naked man one....in fact so many of the games were brilliant to watch.

So, finished the series now and overall WOW...2 great seasons, absolutely glued to it.

Should say that some scenes in this show are ultra violent, especially season 2's penultimate episode, but it's so fast in places and slows down in others - but for all the right reasons.

I really hope that Netflix give a green light to a 3rd and final season....would love to see some more games with this amazing cast.