Andrew Laird dead at 93

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

RIP Peter Mark Richman. That's one hell of a run though.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Rest in Peace. I once listened to an audio commentary of an episode of The Twilight Zone he was starring in. He seemed very kind and down to earth. I also rememeber him from Santa Barbara as CC Capwell.

When it comes to Andrew Laird: DId he just disappear or was there an exit storyline?

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Absolutely no disrespect meant, I thought he was great as Andrew (especially in those trial scenes) and I liked his one-off appearance on Dallas too, but I could have sworn he died a few years ago. I remember obits mentioning his work as a painter. I must have got him mixed up with someone else from Dynasty.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Absolutely no disrespect meant, I thought he was great as Andrew (especially in those trial scenes) and I liked his one-off appearance on Dallas too, but I could have sworn he died a few years ago. I remember obits mentioning his work as a painter. I must have got him mixed up with someone else from Dynasty.
This is very weird as I also thought I had read that he passed away a few years ago, and even remember reading of him being a painter. I'm a little confused now.

Sarah Danner

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When it comes to Andrew Laird: DId he just disappear or was there an exit storyline?

After his appearance in episode one of season five, he was off the screen. The only reference to him after that which I can recall was in A Love Remembered.
Pity. When Santa Barbara didn't work out, I was hoping he'd be able to come back.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Loved him on Three’s Company as Chrissy’s Reverend dad! The stern looks he would give Jack were priceless. I wish they used him on the show more often

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He was CC Capwell when Santa Barbara started and after around month or so, just when viewers were getting used to the characters there was a voice over saying "The part of CC Capwell is now played by [insert name of new actor]" and he wasn't seen again.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Peter Mark Richman guest starred in a lot of series throughout the 60s and 70s so he was a familiar face throughout much of my life even if it wasn't until Dynasty that I put a face to the name. I loved his scenes trading barbs with Pamela Sue Martin on Dynasty and was amused to see him along side Lloyd Bochner in one of the Naked Gun movies. He was a pharmacist before he turned to acting; he was also a playwright. He's survived by his wife of 66 years, five children (his son Lucas is a Grammy winning conductor and composer) and six grandchildren. I am saddened by his passing but also happy to see that he lived such a long and fruitful life.

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is very weird as I also thought I had read that he passed away a few years ago, and even remember reading of him being a painter. I'm a little confused now.
I had the other way around with the actor playing Gerard. I could swear that last year I read he is still alive and today I found out he died in 2015.