Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Every time I leave the computer for even a minute, I'm getting logged out. It's showing me as still logged in, but if I go to post it's saying 'you must be logged in to do that'.

Please help it's driving me nuts @Ome :scream:

[RSVP=4358]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Have you tried a different browser?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'm in Chrome. I thought Chrome was the answer to the world as we know it.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I'm on Chrome too and it's the best one for me.

I'm not sure why it's happening to you.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
That’s great Ome. Thanks. :D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
0.jpg

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Or maybe Sarah's account has been hacked?
There's this crazy person posting nasty things about the lovely, beautiful MANDY WINGER, and I'm sure a gracious person like Sarah would never do such a thing.

upload_2018-2-8_21-20-17.png

:D

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Every time I leave the computer for even a minute, I'm getting logged out. It's showing me as still logged in, but if I go to post it's saying 'you must be logged in to do that'.

Please help it's driving me nuts @Ome :scream:
I hear you, @Sarah! :hugs:

Unfortunately, I've had the same problem numerous times before. :a2: (And I've mentioned it to Ome before! ;) )

The problem comes and goes. :rolleyes: And it doesn't matter which browser I use or whether I'm on via laptop, stationary computer, tablet, or cell phone! :mad: It drives me nuts whenever it happens! :scream:

It's my experience that the best solution is to find something else to do! :) If Soapchat doesn't want my company, then I have plenty of other things to do! :D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And I've mentioned it to Ome before

Well, I guess, to be fair to me, you have had more problems with Soap Chat than anyone I can remember, so it's forgivable if I missed this particular issue.

Even more so, that I don't know why it's happening to Sarah, so that would be the same for yourself too.

Could it be a security issue you have on your computer where it automatically logs you out when you leave it idle for a period of time?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'm going to come out of Chrome and go back to explorer. I can't take anymore.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I guess, to be fair to me, you have had more problems with Soap Chat than anyone I can remember, so it's forgivable if I missed this
particular issue.
You did address it when I mentioned it some time ago, so it's not like you didn't respond! The problem just hasn't gone away and keeps appearing every once in a while!

Could it be that I'm the only one (besides Sarah) who takes the time to speak up about about issues? :hat:

Even more so, that I don't know why it's happening to Sarah, so that would be the same for yourself too.
Exactly, that's what I figured! And that's why I "live" with it!

Could it be a security issue you have on your computer where it automatically logs you out when you leave it idle for a period of time?
I don't leave my device at all! :eyes: Like Sarah, I'm told that I can't do this or that before I log on! :think: But I'm already logged on! :confuse:

When the "system" keeps asking me to log on, I eventually give up and find other things to do! I'd rather do that than end up ripping out my hair (although I have lots of it)!

:l1:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I've just switched back to good old Explorer. Fingers crossed. Chrome my ass!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Could it be that I'm the only one (besides Sarah) who takes the time to speak up about about issues?
Oh yes, absolutely, which is why it's frustrating from my chair. I've looked around and can not see anything with your account (and Sarah's) that is different to other members accounts.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes, absolutely, which is why it's frustrating from my chair. I've looked around and can not see anything with your account (and Sarah's) that is different to other members accounts.
Perfectly understandable! :)

BTW, I haven't experienced any log-in/log-off problems for the past five days or so! :spinning: And I'll be praying for it to continue! :pray:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Could the problem be caused by updates to your browser software going on in the background or maybe anti-virus software throwing a spanner in the works? Have you noticed the problem if you ever log on using another device?

I mostly use Microsoft Edge and from time to time I when I post something on a thread the browser freezes and lose everything I've typed which is so frustrating. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the forum but to a Microsoft update on my computer taking place at an inopportune time. However, I've never have the same problem if I post a message from my smartphone.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Yes it's happening on my phone and iPad as well. But this morning I went back (on the computer) to explorer and it hasn't happened (yet!). I don't think it is a forum problem like you say, it's my browser. It has been driving me crazy!

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
... ... and from time to time I when I post something on a thread the browser freezes and lose everything I've typed which is so frustrating.
Thanks for sharing! :)

This has happened several times for me as well last year! :mad: And it's just nice to know that I'm not the only one! :)

Thankfully, it's been at least three months, since I've experienced this particular problem! :spinning: