• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Between the Lines

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like April. Of all of JR's mistresses, she was the one who never had evil intent toward Sue Ellen. She didn't care about breaking up the marriage. And she accepted it just fine when he told her to buzz of because he was back with his wife.

I like her too, and she's definitely my favourite of 'Bobby's' women.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

Season Ten of Dallas has always fascinated me. We get to see the slow reconciliation of JR and Sue Ellen, but unfortunately, we don't get to spend much time inside their heads and so often don't understand what they are really thinking and feeling or what emotions are truly motivating them.

When I asked for new fic ideas, Sarah suggested writing around the events of season ten from JR's perspective. I was so intrigued with the idea, that I decided to give it a go.

This fic will focus ONLY on JR and Sue Ellen and what happens between them. Other characters will appear, but only those who.directly affect their relationship. I will be making up scenes between them as well to help me more fully explore their actions and reactions. Also, if you read this, you'll probably be lost if you haven't actually watched season ten. Each update will revolve around the events of actual Dallas episodes without actually rehashing the episodes themselves.

So here it is, episode by episode, what I think was REALLY going on in JR and Sue Ellen's heads and hearts during season ten of "Dallas."

Between the Lines: Season Ten Deleted Scenes That Live in My Imagination

Episode Nineteen: High Noon for Calhoun

JR sat in the passenger seat of Bobby's car and stared out the window.

Calhoun hadn't been at the hotel. Instead they'd found a video tape that left no doubt as to the mercenary's evil intentions.

"We'll find him, JR," Bobby tried to calm him.

"Yes. But we need to get the women and the boys away from me until this is over."

"I agree. No sense in taking any chances."

JR nodded and returned his gaze back to the window. "I don't just want him caught, Bobby. After what he did to Sue Ellen, I want him dead."

"Sue Ellen?"

She didn't even look up.

JR sighed and walked over to take a seat at the table where Sue Ellen and John Ross were playing a card game. "You winning?" he asked his son.

"Sure I am!" John Ross beamed at his father.

JR smiled and rubbed the boy's hair affectionately. "That's my boy."

"John Ross, It's getting late," Sue Ellen said. "Why don't you go get ready for bed? I'll come tuck you in a bit."

"Okay, Mama!"

John Ross jumped up and ran from the room. Sue Ellen began collecting the playing cards from the table to put them away.

"You've been very quiet since the talk with the family," JR observed.

"I guess I don't have much to say," she shrugged. "What's done is done, isn't it?"

"Sue Ellen, you have got to believe me. No matter what I've ever done, I never would have done anything to knowingly put this family at risk. And I sure as hell wouldn't ever do anything to get you hurt."

"I know that, JR," she said, her voice so soft it was almost a whisper. "I guess I was so quiet downstairs because I'm still processing everything. But, I know you never deliberately brought your family into this. And I know that you'll protect us all now."

"I appreciate your faith in me, Sue Ellen."

She reached out and covered his hand with hers. "I want you to be careful, JR. Pam and I and the boys will be safe, but you won't. Please don't get yourself killed trying to protect us."

"Sue Ellen…"

"I'd better go make sure John Ross is actually getting ready for bed. Goodnight, JR."

He watched as he stood up and gracefully left the room.

She was worried about him. Even after all the hurt and anger, even after all the other women, she still cared what happened to him.

That had to mean something.

JR sat alone in the living room, drinking bourbon and thinking about his wife.

She had offered him his marriage back.

"You're talking about spending a night together; I'm talking about a lifetime."

He shivered as he remembered her words, the way she'd gently touched him before turning to walk away.

A lifetime.

We wanted that. Deep in his heart, it was the one thing he craved above all others.

But he knew himself. He had wanted it so many times before. They had been happy so many times before. And every single time he had failed her.

If he gave into his need for her again, would it all end the same way? With him cheating and her drinking? Would he build her up only to tear her down and leave her in ruins again?

He took another sip from his drink and shook his head. He wanted to believe he'd changed. REALLY changed. But could he take the chance?

And was she even sure in her heart that's what SHE really wanted? She'd built a life without him. She was happy and successful. Would she really risk everything she'd accomplished for one more shot at a stable marriage with him?

He stood up, put his empty glass on the bar, and headed to her bedroom. She was leaving in the morning. He needed to talk to her.

When he reached her bedroom door he hesitated. He wasn't even sure what he wanted to say. He almost turned around and went back to his own room, but the door opened and Sue Ellen suddenly stood before him. "JR?"

"How did you know I was out here?"

"I guess I'm still on edge. I seem to hear every little sound."

"I… I was hoping we could talk. I promise not to keep you long…"

"Alright, JR. But I think we should go downstairs. I don't…"

"Trust us to be alone together in a bedroom?" he chuckled slightly.

Sue Ellen blushed and shrugged.

"Me either," he said softly. He reached out, took her arm, and led her down the stairs.

They sat down together on the couch in the living room and JR sighed heavily. "Sue Ellen, what you said upstairs in the hallway, about spending a lifetime together...did you mean it?"

"Yes," she replied quietly, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Why? After all I've done to you, why would you even consider giving me another chance?"

"I don't know," she confessed. "JR...there have been times I felt as if I hated you. But…"

"But the love is always there. Underneath the ugliness, the love stays."

"How...how do you know that?"

"Because it's the same for me, Sue Ellen. Everytime I think I'm ready to give up and walk away, I always end up back in your arms."

"Why are we like this, JR?"

"I don't know, honey...but…"

"What?"

"I can't live without you. Maybe it's time for me to figure out what I have to do in order to live with you."

"You know what you have to do, JR. I have never expected you to be anything other than what you are. I know you can't give up the schemes and the underhanded deals. But, you have to give up the other women. I can't share you. I can't take the thought of you and I reconciling only to find another woman in your bed."

"Yes. I know."

"It's all up to you, JR. I can forgive the past. I can love you. I can support you and care for you. We grow old together. I won't ever judge you or hurt you. I'll make you feel like a king. I can make you happy. But, you have to be faithful. I can't accept anything else."

She stood up and bent down to kiss his forehead gently. "I love you, JR. I always have. I want you. I want our marriage. But it's your decision. I can't make it for you. And right now, you have more pressing matters to attend to. So take some time and really think things over and decide what you want. What you REALLY want. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Sue Ellen."

He watched her walk up the stairs then stood up, walked over to the bar and fixed himself another drink. He had a lot of soul searching to do, but she was right. This wasn't the time.

After Calhoun had been neutralized he would figure out his marriage.

JR sat behind his desk and tried to concentrate on the papers in front of him, but it was useless.

He and Bobby had scared poor Sly half to death. They were going to have to be more careful. They were so hyped up about Calhoun, they were liable to blow some innocent person's head off if they weren't more careful.

At least Sue Ellen and the boys were safe. They were in California, well out of Calhoun's reach.

JR smiled when he thought about his wife. They'd said goodbye in private this morning. She'd told him to be careful and had given him the sweetest kiss. He'd promised he'd watch himself and told her they'd sort through their feelings when Calhoun was gone and it was safe for her and John Ross to come home.

And then...the look she'd given him when she'd gotten into the car…

It was brief. He would have missed it if he hadn't been watching her so carefully. That look…

It was love. Pure love.

He had decided right then and there that he wanted her back, no matter what he had to do.

He wanted her to always look at him that way.

Always.

JR's head was spinning.

Calhoun had called the house, but McSween and his team hadn't been able to trace the call. They still had no idea where the maniac was.

At least his family was safe. John Ross had called him before dinner and excitedly told him about all the fun he was having in California. JR had been disappointed that he hadn't been able to talk to Sue Ellen - John Ross had said she was taking a shower.

He missed her. She'd only been gone a day, but it felt like much longer. He couldn't wait until this thing with Calhoun was over so he could get her back at home where she belonged. Then - once the danger was past, he would take his time with her. He knew he would need to earn her trust again before they could take things to the next level.

He glanced at the clock and saw it was only eleven. It was even earlier in California. She would probably still be awake. He wondered if he should call her and tell her goodnight.

He was just about to reach for the phone when it rang. He jumped a little, startled. He wondered if maybe Calhoun had decided to mess with his head some more tonight.

"JR Ewing, here," he answered.

"Hi, JR."

"Sue Ellen," a wide smoke broke across his face. "I was just about to call you. I wanted to say goodnight."

"Really?"

"Yes. Hang on just a second," he told her. "Harry, it's my wife. Get off the line." He waited a few seconds then continued. "I talked to John Ross earlier. Sounds like he is having a great time."

"Oh, he is," Sue Ellen laughed. "So am I. Although I admit sometimes it's hard for me to keep up with him and Christopher."

"I wish I was there to help you," he sighed. "I miss you, Sue Ellen."

"Do you really?"

"Yes. I really do. When you get back...well, we need to have a talk."

"Alright, JR," came her soft reply. "You...be careful, JR. Promise me."

"I promise I will, Sue Ellen."

"Good. Goodnight, JR."

"Good night, honey. Sleep tight "

He hung up the phone and smiled again. She missed him too. She hadn't said so, but the fact that she'd bothered to call told him it was so. That made him very happy.

"Maybe this time will be different."

"Hey, you want some water or coffee or something?"

JR looked up and saw Ray hovering over his chair. "No. Thanks."

Ray sat down across from him and followed his gaze out the window of the Ewing jet. "We'll be there soon, JR. And we're gonna get him back."

"Yes," JR agreed, but his voice held no conviction.

Her voice…

Sue Ellen had called to tell him BD had their son. Her voice was so full of fear.

And JR was scared too. He kept trying to tell himself that BD wouldn't hurt John Ross, that he was only using the boy as a pawn to hurt JR.

But he was terrified to the depths of his very soul.

If anything happened to that boy because of what JR had done, he wouldn't be able to live with himself. He'd put a bullet through his head.

"We'll be touching down in LA in about twenty minutes," Bobby appeared, taking the seat beside Ray. "We'll have you to Sue Ellen very soon, JR. Then we'll find John Ross."

JR nodded and turned his head away. "Thank you both for coming with me."

"That's what brothers do," Ray told him. "You'd do the same for us."

"Yes. I would," JR answered. "But I wouldn't ever have to would I? Because neither of you would have ever gotten involved in such a hair brained scheme and put your family in danger, would you?"

"JR, none of that matters now. We'll get John Ross back to his mother, safe and sound," Bobby told him.

"I hope so," JR looked out of the window again. "Dear God, I hope so."

JR kept his eyes on his wife. She was standing by the window, her back straight and her shoulders squared.

She'd ran to his arms when he and his brothers had arrived at the hotel room. She'd held his hand as they discussed their next move. She'd leaned against him for support when they'd watched that awful tape Calhoun had sent. She'd let him hold her while she cried.

He didn't understand.

She should hate him for what he'd done. It was HIS FAULT that John Ross was being held hostage by that mad man.

They were alone now. Everyone else had gone to bed. Neither of them felt like even pretending to sleep.

He looked at the clock. Almost three a.m. Only a little over two hours to go until he could go down to the front desk and get Calhoun's Instructions.

"JR?"

Sue Ellen's soft voice broke through his thoughts. "Yes, honey?"

She turned away from the window and looked at him. "I'm so scared."

He stood up and walked over to stand in front of her. "I'll get him back safe to you, Sue Ellen. I swear it on my daddy's grave."

"Please," she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks, "my baby…"

JR pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly against him. "You'll have him back soon."

"And you too, right JR? You'll come back to me too."

"I'll do my best, Sue Ellen. And that's all I can promise you. But our boy will be back in your arms. That I will promise you."

Pam watched Sue Ellen pace back and forth. "I wish you would at least try to eat something."

"I can't, Pam. The thought of food makes me want to throw up. This is taking too long."

"They haven't been gone even two hours yet. I'm sure everyone is fine."

"You can't be sure of that, Pam! Calhoun is a mad man!"

"Sue Ellen…." Pam was interrupted by the phone. She reached out, picked it up, and answered it. "Hello! Bobby! Thank God! What? Oh my God! Is John Ross okay? Yes, yes I understand. No, I won't… Bobby, should I call anyone? Yes. I'll try to reach her before it hits the news. Okay. I'll tell her know. Alright, Bobby. I love you."

She hung up the phone and looked up at Sue Ellen.

"Well?!" Sue Ellen's eyes were wide and pleading.

"John Ross is fine and Calhoun is dead."

"Oh, thank God! When are they coming back?"

"An officer is bringing John Ross to the hotel now."

"An officer? Why an officer? Where are the men?"

Bobby and Ray are being taken to the police station. They need to be questioned about shooting Calhoun."

"And JR?"

"Sue Ellen…"

"Where is JR?!" Sue Ellen's voice shook with near hysteria. "Pam, please tell me!"

"JR is being taken to the hospital," Pam said, unable to meet her friend's eyes. "Sue Ellen...JR has been shot."

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh my heart!!! Amazing update!!!

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

Season Ten of Dallas has always fascinated me. We get to see the slow reconciliation of JR and Sue Ellen, but unfortunately, we don't get to spend much time inside their heads and so often don't understand what they are really thinking and feeling or what emotions are truly motivating them.

When I asked for new fic ideas, Sarah suggested writing around the events of season ten from JR's perspective. I was so intrigued with the idea, that I decided to give it a go.

This fic will focus ONLY on JR and Sue Ellen and what happens between them. Other characters will appear, but only those who.directly affect their relationship. I will be making up scenes between them as well to help me more fully explore their actions and reactions. Also, if you read this, you'll probably be lost if you haven't actually watched season ten. Each update will revolve around the events of actual Dallas episodes without actually rehashing the episodes themselves.

So here it is, episode by episode, what I think was REALLY going on in JR and Sue Ellen's heads and hearts during season ten of "Dallas."

Episode Twenty: Olio (part one)

Sue Ellen sat in a chair beside JR's hospital bed, her face buried in her hands.

John Ross was safe. She'd got to hold him in her arms briefly after the officer had brought him back to the hotel. She had wanted to stay with him longer, but the officer had told her he was on his way to the hospital to talk to JR and offered her a ride.

She'd seen her son was safe; she needed to see her husband safe as well.

The nurses had allowed the officer to stand outside the room but had allowed only Sue Ellen to enter.

That had been almost two hours ago..JR was heavily sedated and still asleep.

"Well, you must be Sue Ellen."

Sue Ellen looked up to see a doctor standing over JR's bed. "Yes. How did you know?"

"He was calling for you. Before we knocked him out, that is."

"He was?"

"Yes," the doctor chuckled. "He kept saying 'tell Sue Ellen I love her.' I told him he could tell you himself. He's fine, Mrs. Ewing. It's a flesh wound. In and out. We'll keep him for a couple of days, but he should be as good as new very soon."

"Oh, thank God!" Her whole body sagged with relief.

"Mrs. Ewing, I watch the news. I know who he is and who you are and I know about the dead mercenary. I can't keep the cops out of here. Maybe you should get a lawyer for him."

"His brothers were released a little while ago. They're on their way here. I guess they'll decide what to do together."

"Alright. Use the call bell if he needs anything."

Sue Ellen waited for him to.leave the room, then moved to sit on the edge of JR's bed. "I love you too, JR," she said kissing his forehead gently. "With all my heart."

JR moaned a little and opened his eyes. "John Ross?"

"He's just fine. He's with Christopher and Pam at the hotel."

"We got him back. Just like I promised."

"Yes. And I got you back too. How are you feeling?"

"It hurts," he told her truthfully. "But seeing your beautiful face makes it feel better."

"JR Ewing, are you trying to me?"

"That depends on whether or not it's working," he winked at her.

"Excuse me Mr. Ewing," a man came into the room. "I'm detective Perry with the LAPD. I have some questions for you."

Sue Ellen couldn't sleep. She kept thinking about her talk with John Ross earlier.

He wanted a "real family." She wanted that too. So badly.

She knew she loved JR, but she hadn't realized exactly how much until Pam had told her he'd been shot. She'd felt such devastation and fear. In that moment she would have given her own life to save his.

She'd told John Ross that she hoped everything that had happened changed his daddy enough that he would want them to be a real family too. She didn't just hope that, she prayed to God that it was so.

She and JR hadn't had a chance to talk. Bobby and Ray had come to the hospital and the police had questioned them all together. After they were done, JR had been so exhausted that the doctors had asked everyone to leave so that he could get some rest. Sue Ellen had no idea where his head was regarding their marriage. But she hoped with all her heart that he at least was willing to try.

"I have loved you."

JR had spoken those words to her just before he'd left to meet Calhoun. It had touched her deep inside her soul. She'd cried and told him she knew, and that she loved him too.

"More than I deserved."

Had he meant that? Did he finally understand after all these years? Could he really give up all the other women and dedicate himself totally to her and their marriage?

She wanted to believe it was so. But…

"But with JR," she muttered to herself, "I can never really be sure."

JR cursed under his breath and buzzed the nurse. The doctor had told him he had only suffered a minor flesh wound, but it hurt like hell.

"Yes, Mr. Ewing?" A nurse popped her head in the door.

"I need something for pain," he told her. "It's very bad."

"Right away, sir."

JR settled back against the pillows and closed his eyes. He pictured his wife's beautiful face in his mind. She'd come to the hospital to see him. There was a time not too long ago that she wouldn't have bothered.

God, he loved her. Her and John Ross were the only things in this world that really mattered. He'd gotten them both hurt - John Ross had almost been killed. All because of him.

Would she forgive him? Would she still be willing to let him try?

"Here we go, Mr. Ewing," the nurse came into the room, smiling. "This will ease your pain and help you sleep."

JR nodded and took the pills. He needed to sleep. He wanted to be awake and alert if the police came back...and his wife. If she came back to see him today, he wanted to be able to spend time with her.

He needed to figure out how she was feeling about him after everything had happened.

"Good morning,"

Pam looked up from her breakfast plate and smiled. "Good morning, Sue Ellen. Would you like some breakfast?"

"No. Just coffee."

"You should try to eat something," Pam told her. "You don't want to get sick and end up in the hospital with JR."

"Alright. Maybe just a little bit of fruit," Sue Ellen gave in. "Pam… about JR…"

"Sue Ellen, I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. No matter how I feel about JR, I shouldn't ever say anything in front of the boys. I was upset, but there's no excuse. Please forgive me."

"Oh, Pam. There's nothing to forgive. Bobby is your husband and he's in trouble. Of course you're upset. And I can understand why you blame JR. I just need you to understand that they way you feel about Bobby? That's the same way I feel about JR."

"You're going back to him, aren't you?"

"That depends on him," Sue Ellen sighed. "I laid out my terms. He hasn't given me an answer yet."

Pam sat back in her chair and studied her friend's face carefully. "You still love him just as much as you ever did, don't you."

"Yes," Sue Ellen admitted, "maybe even more. But you and I… Pam you're my best friend. My only friend. I know you and JR can never get along and I know it's JR's fault. But I truly hope our friendship is strong enough not to let him come between us."

"Oh, it is, Sue Ellen," Pam smiled at her. "It truly is."

"Good," Sue Ellen smiled back at her. "I'm glad."

"We'll always be friends Sue Ellen. No matter what. Now eat something! If you're going to go see JR later, you're going to need all your strength to deal with him!"

"Don't get me wrong," Ray said, "I'm damn glad they dropped the charges, but I can't figure out why they did it."

"Best not to look a gift horse in the mouth," JR grunted. "Just be happy for the good luck and let's get the hell out of LA before they can change their minds."

"Agree about that," Bobby sighed. "JR, when did the doctors say you could travel?"

"Getting discharged in the morning. I say we leave then."

"But JR… shouldn't we wait a few days before you get on an airplane?"

JR turned his head to look at his wife. "Now honey, a short trip on the Ewing jet won't hurt me. It's not like I'm going to get on a commercial flight and fly to Europe."

"I suppose…" she said doubtfully.

"I'll be fine," his voice was soft and reassuring. "I really just want to get you and John Ross back to Southfork where you belong. That will make me feel better than any amount of rest will. I'll rest when we get home. I promise."

"Alright, JR," she gave in.

"We'd all better get back to the hotel. The boys are probably running Pam ragged by now," Bobby stood up. "We'll be back in the morning, JR."

Sue Ellen didn't move. "Bobby… "

"You want to stay here with JR?" Bobby asked her.

"Would that be alright?"

"Of course," Bobby nodded. "Pam and I can handle John Ross."

"And I'll be there to help too," Ray smiled.

"Hold on a minute," JR interrupted them. "Sue Ellen, you need to rest and relax too. You won't get any peace here in this hospital."

"I will rest better being here with you and not being stuck at a hotel with no idea how you're doing," she protested. "Unless...unless you don't want me to stay with you…"

"Of course I do, honey," JR reached out to take her hand. "I just don't want to be so selfish that you get tired and run down just to make me happy."

"I want to stay, JR. Please let me."

"Okay, honey."

"Well, now that that's settled, Ray and I had better get going. See you two in the morning. Sue Ellen, you call if you need anything.*

JR said goodbye to his brothers and then turned his attention back to his wife. "I'll have them bring in a more comfortable chair for you, honey. Do you need anything else?"

"No, I'm fine, JR."

"I can't tell you how much it means to me that you want to be here."

"You shouldn't be surprised. I already told you how I feel about you."

"Yes. Sue Ellen, we need to talk…"

"Excuse me, Mr. Ewing," a nurse interrupted him. "The doctor would like to get you up and moving around. He wants you to make a few laps around the floor. Feel up to it?"

JR growled, unhappy about the interruption.

"Of course he is," Sue Ellen told the nurse. "I'll help you get him up. We have plenty of time to talk once we get home, JR. Right now let's just concentrate on making sure you're strong enough to get out of here. Okay?"

"Okay, Miss Texas," he smiled at her. "You're the boss."

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Episode Twenty: Olio (part two)

JR was watching his wife carefully. She'd stayed with him all night at the hospital, but had steered him away from the topic of their marriage every time he'd tried to bring it up. She kept telling him to concentrate on resting so he'd be strong enough to travel and that they had plenty of time to talk after they got back to Southfork.

It made him very nervous that she didn't seem to want to talk to him. He hoped she hadn't changed her mind about giving him another chance because of what had happened with Calhoun. She was very kind and loving, but she didn't seem to be ready to have a serious conversation about their relationship.

Even now, instead of sitting with him on the plane trip home, she'd chosen to sit with Pam and Bobby. It was John Ross in the seat beside JR, not his wife.

Part of him wanted to push her, but he knew he couldn't do that. He would just have to be patient and wait until she was ready.

It was going to be hard for him. Patience may be a virtue, but it was one that JR didn't possess.

"Sue Ellen? How are you holding up?"

"Just fine, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled at her mother-in-law. "I am so glad to be home with my family."

"And I'm relieved to have you all back," Ellie told her. "I… I noticed downstairs that you and JR…"

"Please, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen stopped her before she could go any further. "I don't want to talk about that. The truth is that even I don't know where we stand."

"Yes. Well, I can understand that. I just want you to know that I love you and that whatever happens, this is your home and we are your family."

"I know that, Miss Ellie. I love you too."

Ellie nodded and left the room. Sue Ellen sighed heavily and sat down on the bed.

JR had seemed ready to talk about their future in California, but Sue Ellen had put him off. She wasn't sure that he was in any condition to make a real decision. He was still on pain medication and his mind could be foggy.

When they finally had their talk, she wanted to be sure his mind was completely clear and that he knew exactly what he was saying.

She didn't want any more false hope. JR either had to be all in or all out.

There was no in-between.

JR frowned and glanced at his watch. When Bobby had interrupted them earlier, she'd promised she'd be back soon, but it had been more than three hours and he hadn't seen her.

He felt a little better about where her feelings about him were. He's told her that as bad as the situation had been with Calhoun, it could maybe make things better for them.

"I'd like that. But it's up to you."

He hoped she'd meant that. Because if it was truly up to him, he'd already made his decision.

He wanted his wife back. And he would do whatever he needed to in order to get what he wanted.

JR shifted his body to get closer to Sue Ellen and suddenly cried out in pain.

"JR!" She immediately broke their kiss and pulled away from him. "Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry."

"Don't you dare be sorry," his voice was low and husky. "Just come back over here and kiss me some more."

"JR, the door is open," she reminded him.

"Then go close it, lock it, and get back over here."

"I… we can't JR. You heard what the doctor said. You have to limit your physical activity."

"Then you can do most of the work. You always liked it that way as I recall."

"JR!" She blushed a deep shade of red.

JR chuckled devilishly. "Alright, honey. If you're not ready, I can wait. But I want you. So bad it hurts."

"I want you too, JR. But…"

"But you need time," he finished her sentence for her. "It's okay, Sue Ellen. You're worth waiting for."

Sue Ellen sat up straight and looked him in the eyes. "No other women while you wait?"

"No other women, Sue Ellen. I promise. I don't want anyone else. Only you."

"I hope that's true, JR."

"It is, honey. Give me a chance and I'll prove it to you."

Sue Ellen searched his eyes and realized there was no deception. She leaned forward and kissed him again. "I love you."

JR kissed her back, reveling in having her this close to him again. "I love you too, Sue Ellen," he told her when she finally lifted her head. "And I'm going to prove it to you every day from now on."

"You planning to sleep all day,Miss Texas?"

Sue Ellen's eyes fluttered open and she smiled when she saw JR.

She'd spent the night in his arms. They hadn't made love, but they had kissed and cuddled and talked until early in the morning. "Maybe I will," she smiled at him.

JR laughed and bent his head to kiss her. "It felt good last night, holding you in my arms."

"It felt good for me too."

He sipped his head to nuzzle at her neck. Sue Ellen gasped when she felt his hand move beneath her nightgown. "JR...I thought we agreed to wait…"

"Yes, we did. We agreed to wait to make love." He moved his hand higher, slipping it beneath her silk panties. "But you never said I had to wait to please you."

Sue Ellen felt a bolt of electricity shoot through her entire body. His fingers were stroking her most sensitive spot. "Oh my God, JR.'

"You just lay there and let me make you feel good, Sue Ellen. I won't go any further, I promise."

She couldn't have denied him even if she'd wanted to. It had been so long since he'd touched her. And he knew exactly where and how… "JR!"

JR chuckled lowly and watched her squirm. He might have to wait to consummate their new commitment totally, but he was going to make sure she got a vivid reminder of how good it always was between them. "Give in, Sue Ellen," he whispered roughly. "Let it go for me."

Sue Ellen thrashed and bucked against his hand. God, it felt so good!

"JR!" she screamed his name as her orgasm crashed over her body.

"That's my girl," he said, self satisfaction dripping from his voice. He bent his head and kissed her with all the passion he's been holding back for what felt like forever. "You're mine. Don't you ever forget it."

She didn't answer him, she just curled up into a ball and let her pleasure linger as long as possible.

They were going to be late for breakfast.

And she could care less.

Sue Ellen hummed softly to herself as she fiddled with a flower arrangement in the kitchen. What a glorious morning she'd had.

JR had pleased her and demanded nothing in return. Then he'd spent the entire morning with her and John Ross.

She frowned slightly when she thought about him leaving the house. She hadn't wanted him to drive, but he'd insisted. He'd told her he had pressing business, but she knew he wasn't going to the office because he'd promised Bobby to stay out of there for a few days.

So where had he gone?

Surely he wasn't out getting the satisfaction he'd denied himself with her this morning…

"Hey, Sue Ellen. Those flowers are just lovely.'

"Thank you, Pam. You're home from the office early."

"Yes, well Cliff was driving me nuts so I had to get out of there."

"I can see how that would be the case," Sue Ellen laughed.

"So," Pam said with a mischievous grin, "I noticed you and JR were late for breakfast. I also noticed that gorgeous smile on your face. You two kiss and make up?'

"In a manner of speaking," Sue Ellen sighed. "But…"

"But what?"

"I still have doubts. He went out this afternoon. He said it was work, but I know he didn't go to the office."

Pam cleared her throat and let out her own sigh. "Listen, Sue Ellen, far be it for me of all people to take up for JR. But you know he always has irons in the fire. I'm sure wherever he went it was strictly for business."

"How can you be sure?"

"I see the way he has been looking at you lately. Trust me, the only woman on his mind is you."

"I hope you're right, Pam. I truly do. Because this is his last chance. If he brings another woman into his bed, I'm done with him for good. I swear that on my life."

"Hello there, darlin'," JR breezed into the living room and kissed his wife square on the mouth. "You look beautiful this evening."

"Thank you, JR. It's just going to be us and Pam and Bobby for dinner. The boys had pizza earlier and Clayton and Miss Ellie decided to spend a few nights away."

JR's eyebrows shot up suspiciously. She seemed different than she was this morning. Almost...bristling. "What's wrong, honey?"

"What could possibly be wrong, JR?" She asked him with mock sweetness.

"Woman, you forget how well I know you. Now, you can either tell me what this burr in your saddle is all about or I'll carry you upstairs and love it out of you."

"You're hurt, JR. You couldn't carry me if you tried."

"Wanna test that little theory, Miss Texas?'

"Stop it, JR," she admonished him. "I told you I'm fine."

"No you're not. Spit it out, Sue Ellen. Last chance."

"Fine," she growled. "Where did you go today? And don't tell me the office. I know better."

JR groaned under his breath and moved to the bar to make a drink. "I told you I had some business to take care of."

"Right," she rolled her eyes. "Business. Out of the office."

JR briefly considered lying to her, but decided it wasn't worth the risk. Her angry reaction about where he'd been would be worse if he lied about it and she found out the truth later. "I went to see April Stevens," he grumbled.

"You what?!" Sue Ellen seethed. "Back one day and already…."

"Now hold on, Sue Ellen. Let me explain."

She folded her arms across her chest and gave him a disgusted look. "Well? I'm listening."

"I went to talk to her about two things, the first was Jack and the ten percent of Ewing Oil he sold to Jamie."

"And the second?"

"I told her I was back with you and she and I were done."

"I see. And how did she take that?"

"Just fine," JR shrugged. "It's not like we were having a great love affair, Sue Ellen. We were both bored and didn't have anyone else to…"

"Relieve your frustrations?" Sue Ellen growled.

"Yes," JR was suddenly nervous. He couldn't meet her eyes. "Sue Ellen, she doesn't care about me and I don't care about her. The only thing that ties us together is her claim to five percent of my daddy's company. It's important that I keep her in line so that if and when she gets it, she sells it back to me like she promised."

"And just how exactly do you intend to keep her in line, JR?"

"With money," he told her truthfully. "That's all she cares about. Sue Ellen, she doesn't want me and I sure as hell don't want her."

"How can I be sure of that, JR?"

He put his drink down and crossed the room to stand directly in front of her. "With my history, I guess you can't. But I will prove my loyalty and faithfulness. Look at me, Sue Ellen. I am being honest about where I was and what I was doing today. I could have just as easily lied to you. But I don't want it to be like that with us anymore. I promise April means nothing to me. I don't want her. Not even a little. I only want you."

Sue Ellen reached out and touched his face gently. "I don't know why...but I believe you, JR. Please don't make me regret it."

"You won't regret it, honey," he promised, pulling her into his arms and lowering his lips to hers. "You won't ever regret believing in me again."

JR knocked on Sue Ellen's closed bedroom door and waited.

They'd had a wonderful evening. She seemed to be totally at ease about April now. She'd been so sweet and accommodating - making sure he was comfortable, getting him pillows, helping him reach food at the dinner table…

After dinner drinks with Bobby and Pam had been very interesting. Pam had inadvertently given him some very helpful information. Of course, what she'd told him had been useful, but it also meant he was going to have to see April again.

Sue Ellen called for him to come in. He pushed the thought of April aside, opened the door, and smiled when he saw his wife propped up in her bed, reading a book. "Hope I'm not disturbing you. I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful evening."

"Yes, it was very nice. Did you notice how happy John Ross is?"

"Yes," JR chuckled. "Almost as happy as I am."

"I'm happy too, JR."

"Happy enough to let me get under those covers with you?"

"JR…"

He laughed at her flushed face and the huskiness of her voice. "I'm just teasing you, Miss Texas. I mean, I wouldn't turn down an invitation, but I am willing to wait."

"I just… I don't know, JR. I'm just…"

"Not ready yet, " he sighed and sat down on the edge of her bed. "It's okay, honey. What do you have planned for tomorrow?"

"I'm having lunch with Mr. Valentine. Why?"

"Oh. I have to see someone in the morning. I was going to see if you wanted to have lunch with me."

"I wish I could," she sighed. "Your company would be preferable to Valentine's."

"Sue Ellen, I need to see April again. I swear it's purely business."

"Alright, JR. Thank you for telling me."

"Sue Ellen…"

"Yes?"

"Can I stay? Just for a little while. Just to talk. I missed that too you know. Not just the sex, but just being with you."

"You can stay," she smiled at him. "Just for a little while though. And you have to behave yourself."

"I'll be a good boy," he promised, settling himself down on the bed beside her.

Sue Ellen laughed and kissed his cheek. "I highly doubt that, JR."

JR laughed along with her and pulled her into his arms. He would be good - at least to her.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Episode Twenty-one: A Death in the Family

Sue Ellen closed the magazine she'd been reading and tossed it across the room.

Where was that man?

He'd told her he would be late for dinner, and he'd told her why. He was meeting with a lawyer to wrap up the Calhoun affair. When she'd called Ewing Oil to tell him about Jamie, he'd been there, so she knew he was telling the truth about being at the office.

But that had been over two hours ago. He'd had plenty of time to wrap up his meeting and get home. Plus, when she'd called the office again, he was gone.

Things had changed so much between them since they'd returned from California. He was home so much. They were spending hours and hours together. They still hadn't made love, but they engaged in a lot of heavy kissing and petting. She could tell he was very frustrated, but he was being so loving and patient, telling her repeatedly that he was willing to wait until she was ready.

It crossed her mind that maybe the frustration was too much for him. Maybe he reached a breaking point with all the teasing and he finally exploded and went somewhere else to ease his tension. The thought made her sick at her stomach.

"Sue Ellen," JR's deep voice floated through the room, "I am so sorry about Jamie."

Sue Ellen looked up and him. He'd come in through the kitchen and she'd been so lost in thought that she hadn't heard him. He walked over to the couch, sat down beside her, and took her hands in his. "Truly. It's no secret Jamie and I didn't get along, but I know how much you loved that girl. I am so sorry, honey."

Sue Ellen couldn't hold back her tears any longer. "She was so young," she cried.

JR pulled her into his arms and held her as she grieved.

When she was able to stop her tears, she pulled back from him a bit and looked up into his eyes. "Where have you been, JR? I called the office over an hour ago. You weren't there."

He reached out and brushed a tear from her cheek. "I went to see April," he told her the truth.

"You what?" her voice went from sad to angry in an instant. "You went to see HER after you talked to me and knew how upset I was and how much I needed you?"

"Yes," he admitted. "Sue Ellen, with Jamie gone, that means Jack inherits the ten percent of Ewing Oil and that April will be getting her five percent. I had to make sure…"

"Stop it, JR," Sue Ellen pulled completely away from him and stood up. "Stop it right now! I don't want to hear one more word. How could you?"

JR was startled at her reaction. Her voice was thick with fury and her whole body was shaking. "Sue Ellen, I don't…"

"No!" She turned away from him and moved to the door. "I can't stand to hear the sound of your voice right now!"

JR sat completely flabbergasted. He didn't move his muscle as he watched her run from the room and up the stairs.

"What the hell just happened?" he asked himself.

JR growled under his breath and slammed his empty glass on his bedside table.

He had messed up again.

He should have come straight home after Sue Ellen called him and told him Jamie was dead, but no. Instead he had to worry about Ewing Oil when he SHOULD have been worrying about his wife.

He had been resisting the urge to go to her room and beg her to forgive him. He wanted to make things right, but he didn't know where to start.

"JR, can I come in?"

JR bit back a groan. He really didn't feel like talking to Booby right now. "Yeah," he called out.

The bedroom door opened and Bobby walked into the room. "Pam went to tell Cliff about Jamie."

"Good for her."

"JR, I think we need to try to find Jack."

JR sighed and absently rubbed his temples. "Way ahead of you. I went by and spoke to April earlier. She's going to try to help with that."

"Good," Bobby nodded. "I should have known you'd already thought of it. How's Sue Ellen?"

"Upset."

"Well, she and Jamie were pretty close after all."

"Yes," JR said quietly. "And it doesn't help that I ran over to April's to talk about Ewing Oil when I should have come straight home to her."

"JR, Sue Ellen's emotions are probably very confused right now. But she knows you. Better than the rest of us even. She can't really be surprised that your first thought would be about Ewing Oil."

"It's not just that...April…"

"Oh, God, JR. Please don't tell me you're sleeping with that girl."

"Of course not!" JR snapped. "You know damn well I'm trying to save my marriage."

"Then go talk to her," Bobby advised her. "A marriage takes a lot of hard work, JR. You won't be able to fix anything with Sue Ellen sitting in here alone and drinking bourbon."

JR didn't reply. Bobby sighed, said goodnight, and walked out of the bedroom.

He needed a shower to clear his head. Then he was going to talk to his wife.

Bobby was a pain in the ass, but he was right about this. He couldn't let Sue Ellen stew for long. She was liable to work herself up into a full blown frenzy.

Sue Ellen stepped out of the bathroom and let out a startled cry.

"Jesus, JR?" she snapped. "You scared me half to death! Don't you know how to knock?"

"I did knock," JR told her. "You didn't answer."

"So you decided to.just barge in and lounge across my bed without an invitation?"

"Yes."

She rolled her eyes and pulled her thin satin robe closer around her body. "What do you want?"

"Oh, I want a lot of things from you, Miss Texas. But I'll settle for just a talk tonight."

"I don't feel like talking, JR."

"Then just listen. Look, I know I should have come straight home tonight. And I'm sorry. But Sue Ellen, as well as you know me, you can't honestly be surprised that when you told me about Jamie the first thought that crossed my mind was about Ewing Oil. I really am trying to change, trying to be a better husband, but it won't happen overnight. I am what I am, Sue Ellen. You know what I am. You love me anyway."

"It's not just that you didn't come home, JR! It's that you went to see her!"

"Yes. I stopped by April's. To talk about finding Jack. That's it. I already told you I don't want her and she doesn't want me. It's a purely business relationship now. I was only with her in the first place because I wanted you and you wouldn't have me. That girl is no threat to you and she couldn't be even if she wanted to, which she doesn't. I'm going to have to see her from time to time until this ten percent of Ewing Oil is settled. But that's all it is. I swear it."

"JR...I want to believe you…"

He sat up and held his hand out to her. She hesitated for a few moments, then walked forward and took it. He pulled her down onto the bed and looked her straight in the eyes. "Sue Ellen if I wanted another woman, I'd just take one. You made the terms of our relationship clear and I agreed to them. I want my wife. No one else."

"For now," she muttered and looked away.

"Honey, no one knows what the future holds. And you and I have an awful track record. But we love each other. We will never forgive ourselves if we don't try. I love you. I want you. Only you. We can do this honey, but we both have to try to forget the past and concentrate on our future."

A small smile broke across Sue Ellen's lips. "You're right about one thing. I'm not surprised that Ewing Oil was your primary concern when you heard about Jamie. I'm sorry I reacted so badly. I understand better than I used to. Business has a way of consuming us all I guess."

"Oh? Are you having problems with the nightie trade?"

"Some challenges, yes."

He settled himself back onto her pillows and gave her a devastating grin. "Why don't you come over here real close and tell me all about them? Maybe I can help?"

"Is Christopher okay?"

Pam looked up and smiled when she saw Sue Ellen standing in the doorway. "Yes. We grounded him for two weeks. How about John Ross?"

"The same," Sue Ellen sighed. "JR almost had a coronary over the whole thing. He even bought a new gun safe to be sure the boys couldn't get in it. May I come in?"

"Of course! I'm just packing for my trip to California with Cliff."

"You leaving soon?"

"Yes. This afternoon."

"Pam, I know this isn't a good time, but…"

"What is it, Sue Ellen?"

"JR," Sue Ellen sighed. "What else?"

"What did he do?"

"Nothing," Sue Ellen shrugged. "That's what's bothering me."

"What? I don't understand."

"He… he has been so loving and attentive. We talk more than we ever have. He even gave me good advice about shutting down my LA operations. Last night he spent hours with me in my room. And we kissed and cuddled and we...well... kissed some more."

"Okay. So?"

"Then he told me he loved me, gave me one last kiss, and went back to his own room. He says he wants me. The way he touches me makes me believe he wants me, but then he just gets up and leaves."

"Wait," Pam's eyes grew wide. "Are you telling me that two of you haven't…"

"No. We haven't. I mean, we've come close. And he always...makes sure I'm...happy... but he hasn't taken me yet...oh, I'm sorry, Pam. I know this is too personal. It's so embarrassing." She stopped talking and buried her face in her hands.

"Don't be silly, Sue Ellen," Pam reached out and put a comforting hand on the other woman's shoulder. "We're friends. Friends should be able to talk about anything."

"I guess," Sue Ellen was blushing. "I just don't know what to think! If he wants me as much as he seems to, as much as he says he does, then why hasn't he taken me?"

"Maybe he's waiting for you to take him."

"What?" Sue Ellen gasped.

Pam chuckled and shook her head. "Sue Ellen, there's a lot of water under the bridge between you and JR. You're right. He DOES want you. I see how he looks at you. The man is a panting, mouth watering mess. But he seems to be trying to do things right this time. He's obviously ready. If he hasn't made a move, maybe it's because he doesn't know YOU'RE ready."

"I… I did tell him I needed time when we first got back from California."

"Well, there you go," Pam laughed. "Sue Ellen, sometimes men read our signals wrong, even when we think we're being obvious. My advice to you is to take charge. Let him know in no uncertain terms that you want him and you're ready for him."

"I don't know, Pam," Sue Ellen's eyes were full of uncertainty. "JR is a man's man. He's always liked to be the one to make all the moves."

"Maybe in the past. But you have both changed so much over the years. Trust me, Sue Ellen. If you go to him, he won't be able to resist you."

"You think so?"

"Oh," Pam laughed out loud, "I know so, honey. I KNOW so."

JR smiled and settled himself more closely against his wife.

The evening had been incredible. He and Sue Ellen had gone out to dinner. She looked so sexy in her red leather dress. It was all he could do to keep his hands off of her. Then she'd presented him with a key and told him she'd reserved a hotel room for them. He had almost exploded with want right there in the restaurant.

They'd made love all night. At first it had been slow and gentle - an expression of their love and new devotion to each other. Then, their passion had completely taken over. They had done things together they hadn't done in years, and some new things too. JR had to admit that tonight his wife had given him the best sex he'd ever experienced.

He felt himself harden again. He turned his head and smiled devilishly at her sleeping face. He shifted himself until he was lying on top of her, his legs resting between hers. He slid down slightly until his mouth could reach her breast. He flicked one of her nipples with his tongue and moved his hand between their bodies to lightly stroke her most sensitive spot.

Sue Ellen groaned and her eyes fluttered open. Her body reacted immediately to what he was doing to her and she arched against him. "JR…" his name was only a moan.

"Hmmmm…." he murmured against her breast.

"Again?" She gasped, already close to orgasm.

"Yes," he watched her eyes as pleasure took over her whole body. "Again," he shifted again, entering her with one smooth motion. "And again," he thrust in and out of her, his jaw clenched as his own pleasure threatened to over take him, "and again, and again, and again…"

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
YES! Houston we have shag-off. But bloody hell JR let a woman wake up properly first.
I love how much they've been talking too though. It's very sweet.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kinda dreading the next few chapters. Pretty sure Mandy shows up again in about 3 more episodes.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Kinda dreading the next few chapters. Pretty sure Mandy shows up again in about 3 more episodes.
If anyone is looking for me, I am at the hardware store, buying a chainsaw and a few choice items, which are sharp. You with me @Honkytonkangel ?

In between times I will be vomiting up my own insides.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Episode Twenty-two: Revenge of the Nerd

"JR," Sue Ellen sighed, "if you're going to spend the entire evening staring at and obsessing about Cliff Barnes then we may as well go home."

JR turned his gaze away from the bar and back to his wife. "I'm sorry, honey. It makes me nervous to see him so happy. I promise I won't give that termite another thought. Not when I have the honor of having dinner with the most beautiful and exciting woman in all of Dallas."

Sue Ellen blushed slightly and lowered her gaze to the table cloth. "Thank you for asking me to dinner, JR."

"Thank you for saying yes."

Sue Ellen smiled and her husband and picked up a menu. "I'm starving. Pam and I spent the day reviewing the work of my new Valentine girl. I was so excited I could barely eat at lunch."

"Found a new one did you? Good for you."

"Yes. I mean she's no Mandy Winger, but I think she'll work out just fine."

"Sue Ellen, women like Mandy Winger are a dime a dozen. It's not the model that makes the money, it's you knowing how to use the model."

"Speaking of women...JR, can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Last night at dinner, you called April Stevens a floozy."

"Did I?"

"Yes. When you were talking about Ewing Oil. I was surprised to hear you call her that. You told me she wasn't a threat to me."

"She's not."

"But… if she's a floozy…"

"Sue Ellen, that's just a word that I…" he paused and sat back in his chair. "April's a floozy and a gold digger in her own way. She only came to Dallas looking for Jack's money. And she's willing to use what she has to get what she wants, if you know what I mean."

"Yes, I know what you mean. That's what makes me so nervous."

"She knows I'm back with you. She knows I'm committed. The minute I told her that she put any thought of romance out of her head. She knows she needs me as an ally. She wants money and a lot of ir. The only way she can get what she wants is with my help. She won't try to seduce me.Besides, even if she tried, she'd fail miserably. I only want you."

"I wish I could believe that."

"Honey, I keep telling you, there was never anything between us in the first place. It was pure boredom. Besides…"

"What?"

"Well, I wouldn't risk what I have with you for a woman I don't even want. And April… I can't explain it exactly. She's a real piece of work but also...decent in her own way."

"Decent?" Sue Ellen laughed skeptically.

"Yes," JR shrugged. "She actually felt guilty about Jamie because she was fooling around with Barnes. Like I said, it's hard to explain. I just get the feeling that even as ambitious as she is, she wouldn't do anything to destroy a happy marriage. And I damn sure wouldn't do anything to risk losing you again. Sue Ellen, there is absolutely nothing for you to worry about between me and April."

"Alright, JR," she decided to drop the subject.

Cassie came to take their dinner orders. When she left the table, JR reached over and took her hand. "So, you and Pam had a good day?"

"Yes. Except…"

"What?"

"Now, don't get angry, but I asked her to come in as a partner at Valentine. I thought it would get her away from Cliff and help keep peace around the house."

"Why would I get mad about that? Sue Ellen, that is a brilliant idea."

"You think so?"

"Yes. I do."

Sue Ellen beamed with pride. "Well, it doesn't matter I guess. She said no."

"Pam never was the brightest bulb on the tree."

"JR!"

He chuckled and squeezed her hand. "Sorry, Miss Texas. Sometimes I just can't help myself."

"I know," she whispered softly. "I guess it's a good thing for you that I love you so much."

"It's a very good thing," he leaned forward to place a quick kiss on her cheek, "a very, VERY good thing."

JR straightened his tie in the mirror and frowned.

He had to figure out why Barnes was so happy. There's no way the little worm wasn't up to something.

He turned away from the mirror, grabbed his jacket, and his frown deepened when he glanced at his bed.

He and Sue Ellen had made love again last night when they'd returned home from dinner. It had been wonderful. But…

But almost as soon as it was over, she had gotten up and went back to her own room.

He'd truly thought that once they'd consummated their commitment to each other she would be moving back in with him, but so far she hadn't even mentioned it. He didn't understand what she was waiting for and he was beginning to get frustrated and annoyed about the whole situation.

As long as she stayed in her own bedroom, there would still be distance between them - physically and emotionally.

He couldn't have that.

Sue Ellen was his wife and she belonged in his bed full-time. He would have to put his foot down about it very soon.

"JR Ewing! I could kill you!"

"Wh...what?" JR stuttered. He was shocked. Sue Ellen had put John Ross to bed then come storming into his bedroom, her eyes blazing pure fury. "What did I do?"

"What did you do?" Sue Ellen repeated incredulously. "You have been at Pam all day! First at breakfast this morning and then that scene tonight in the living room! The whole house is upset! Even Miss Ellie wants to shake you until your teeth rattle!"

"I won't apologize for wanting to protect my daddy's company from Cliff Barnes!"

"No one expects you to apologize for that! But it had nothing to do with Pam!"

"It has EVERYTHING to do with Pam! She works with Barnes all.day long…"

"But that doesn't mean she has any idea what he's doing! For God's sake, JR, I SLEEP with you and half the time I don't know what you're up to!"

"You don't sleep with me," he shot back.

"Excuse me?"

"You have sex with me. Then you get up to sleep in your own bed."

"JR…"

"Nevermind. We need to talk about that, but not right now. Sue Ellen, I'm sorry if me going at it with Pam bothers you, but it's the way it's going to be. She knew it when she moved back in here and you knew it when you took me back."

"JR, I'm not saying I expect you and Pam to be best friends. But she truly had no idea what Cliff was doing and she's very upset by it all. She's devastated that he and Bobby will be at odds. And don't forget, she loved Jamie very much, as much as I did. She's deeply angry at Cliff for claiming her estate after the way he treated her. I do realize that 'the memory of a dead girl' means nothing to you, but it means a lot to her. And to me."

JR sighed and sat down on the edge of his bed. He held out his hand to her. "Come here."

Sue Ellen took his hand and sat down beside her. "JR all I am asking is that you try to understand that the family… me, Pam, Miss Ellie… we're all mourning someone we love."

"I'm sorry, Sue Ellen. I shouldn't have said that about Jamie."

"No. You shouldn't have."

"Alright. I'll be more careful. But as far as Barnes goes…"

"Do whatever you have to to get that ten percent away from Cliff, JR. But cut Pam a little slack. Please. She's so angry at Cliff right now, you might find an ally in her if you could stop yelling at her long enough to talk to her."

"I'll try."

"Thank you."

He reached out and gently stroked her face. "Will you stay with me tonight?"

"For a while," she smiled up at him.

He studied her eyes carefully and decided not to push her. "A long while," he whispered, bringing his head down to capture her lips in a soft kiss. "I have a lot of making up to you to do. It's going to take me a while."

Episode Twenty-three: The Ten Percent Solution

Sue Ellen relaxed as JR stood up and kissed her on the cheek. "Off to the office. See you tonight, honey."

She nodded and watched him walk from the room, relieved that he had behaved himself and hadn't made another scene at breakfast.

"Are you going to work today, Sue Ellen?" Ellie asked her.

"Yes. I'm actually thinking of taking a new office. I'm meeting a realtor at eleven."

"It's so nice to see you doing so well. I'm very proud of you," Ellie smiled at her.

"We all are," Clayton agreed.

"Thank you," Sue Ellen blushed slightly. "I have to say this is the best I have ever felt about myself."

"You should feel amazing about yourself, Sue Ellen!" Pam told her. "I have never seen you so happy."

"Me either," Miss Ellie said thoughtfully. "And I can't help but notice that JR seems to be a big part of why."

Sue Ellen cleared her throat and took a sip of her coffee. "Yes. Well, we are trying to work on our marriage."

"I'm so glad," Ellie smiled again. "Both of you are much happier when you're together."

"Miss Ellie, I know you're very upset with JR right now. I know you all are. And I know you're all worried that he'll hurt me again and I'll fall apart. But, I honestly believe this time JR is serious about fixing our relationship."

"I hope you're right, Sue Ellen," Clayton said quietly. "But never forget, JR is JR."

"Yes. And I know that better than anyone. My whole life doesn't rise and set on JR Ewing anymore. I know there's always a chance he'll...well, that things won't work out. If the worst happens, I'll survive."

"I believe you will," Ellie said. "As for JR's behavior around the family, you're right. I am very angry with him. And I Know you'll support and defend him, as you should. I just don't want that to come between you and the rest of the family."

"It won't Miss Ellie. I know JR better than any of you. I know sometimes he is insufferable and a little cruel. I won't blindly let him push me away from the rest of you."

"Good," Ellie nodded. "Because I don't ever want to lose your friendship again over JR."

"Me either," Pam said.

"Me three," Clayton winked at her.

Sue Ellen smiled at them and turned her attention back to her breakfast. She knew they were all trying to protect her in their own way, but she hoped that someday soon they would all have enough faith in her to know these little talks weren't necessary anymore.

Sue Ellen Ewing was her own woman. She loved JR, but from now on, he would be an important part of her life - but not the absolute center of it.

JR rolled off Sue Ellen's body and reached for the water on his bedside table. He took a long drink then offered the glass to her. "Want some?"

"No thank you, JR." She slipped out of the bed and reached for her nightgown.

JR's eyes narrowed as he watched her put her gown and robe back on. Same old story. They made love, then she leaves. "Sue Ellen…"

"I ran into April Stevens today," she interrupted him.

"Oh?" JR was immediately on high alert. He knew April still bothered her.

"Yes. I didn't recognize her at first. She looks different in regular clothes."

"Regular clothes?"

"You know… not dressed up like a street walker."

JR grimaced and braced himself for the coming storm. "Sue Ellen, whatever happened…"

"Nothing happened, JR. In fact, your name never came up. We talked about Jamie. I pretended I had no idea that she'd been having an affair with my husband. She actually invited me and John Ross to lunch."

"Lunch?" JR was getting more nervous by the second.

"Yes. I politely declined, of course."

"Of course," JR muttered.

"You can relax, JR," Sue Ellen laughed at him. "I decided that you're right. She isn't a threat to me. She actually seems… sort of sweet."

"Sue Ellen, I swear sometimes I don't understand how your mind works."

"That's a good thing, JR," she leaned over and kissed him. "It keeps the mystery alive between us."

JR laughed and pulled her back down into the bed. "You're incredible, you know that?"

"Yes, I do. But I love to hear you say so."

"I have a mystery for you to solve, Miss Texas," he growled, dipping his head to nuzzle at her neck.

"What's that?" She moaned.

"How many times do I have to take you before I'm satisfied?"

"That, JR Ewing," she said lowly, moving until she was positioned on top of his body, "is a mystery I hope we never solve."

Sue Ellen sat at her vanity and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She counted every line, every tiny little wrinkle.

She'd had lunch with Bruce Harvey today. He had gone on and on about Mandy Winger and how beautiful she was, how she was every man's dream. It had brought her insecurity over the younger woman bubbling back up to the surface.

JR had walked away from Mandy, but she couldn't help but worry that it had been under duress. Sue Ellen had manipulated them both.

And if she was totally honest with herself, Sue Ellen had to admit that a large part of the hold she had on JR was because of John Ross and didn't have anything to do with Sue Ellen herself.

She shook herself out of her daze and finished applying her makeup.

Mandy was gone. JR was back with her now. She may never be "every man's fantasy" but she had won. She'd held on to her husband.

And she wasn't about to let him go again.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Baby girl you ARE every mans fantasy. You’re also MY fantasy.

Winger isn’t beautiful. She’s bland. What attractiveness she may have is overshadowed by THE NEVER ENDING SCURGE OF EVIL THAT AIRS FROM HER EVERY PORE!!!!! I’d eat my own vomit before I’d let her breathe my oxygen!!!!!!:censer::censer::censer::censer:

Wonderful sexy updates. More of the rolling please. Awake or asleep, half asleep, half awake who cares. Let it roll!!! :spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Baby girl you ARE every mans fantasy. You’re also MY fantasy.

Winger isn’t beautiful. She’s bland. What attractiveness she may have is overshadowed by THE NEVER ENDING SCURGE OF EVIL THAT AIRS FROM HER EVERY PORE!!!!! I’d eat my own vomit before I’d let her breathe my oxygen!!!!!!:censer::censer::censer::censer:

Wonderful sexy updates. More of the rolling please. Awake or asleep, half asleep, half awake who cares. Let it roll!!! :spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning:

:clap: :spinning::hug:

:tv:has NOTHING on Sue Ellen.

If you're ugly inside, you're ugly outside.