Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I read that too. It appears that he must have suffered a massive stroke or heart attack. Something big that would make him unconscious fast. He was happy after his show and looked forward to continuing the tour. So it was obviously not suicide or a severe illness he was aware of.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Just because someone 'seems happy' does not mean that they aren't suicidal though. I worked with a successful radio presenter who on the surface seemed very happy on the morning of his last show. He died the next morning from suicide.

Karin Schill

Staff Member
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh no! This one hurts. :(
I loved watching him on Full House. I grew up watching that show and I also loved the reboot Fuller House. I'm so glad that show got made. It wouldn't be the same now.

65 is too young. This was totally unexpected and probably very sudden. I hope he didn't suffer.

My condolances to his family, friends, co-stars and fans. :rip:

Emelee

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just because someone 'seems happy' does not mean that they aren't suicidal though. I worked with a successful radio presenter who on the surface seemed very happy on the morning of his last show. He died the next morning from suicide.

I think it depends on what kind of person you are. Some will pretend to be fine, others will not. Bob Saget seemed to be a very genuine and happy guy. The praise for him by people who knew him are filled with reports on how real, how genuine and loving he was. Nothing in the comments that points at potential suicide. I'd be completely shocked if that was the cause of death. I think massive stroke or heart attack. Possibly the aorta bursting. Something like that. We'll see.

Karin Schill

Staff Member
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Celebrity deaths often comes in clusters of 3s. First Betty White, then Sidney Poitier and now Bob Saget. 3 American sweethearts.
Well at least Betty White and Sidney Poitier both lived to old age. Bob Saget is a generation younger than they were and gone too soon. :(

Also more reports about his death and statements from people who knew him can be found here:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
last i heard they had no idea what he died from and yeah it was shocking that he did ya know for years i could not stand the guy at all it's hard to explain i just found him annoying, than i saw some of his stand up and his stand up for those who don't know is pretty dark i think he even said it took him awhile to get used to playing such a clean character i'm using my words cause i forget what he said but you get my point i'm trying to make though i do like him as a director though

Karin Schill

Staff Member
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This might not be the right time to post this but I just realized that Bob Saget was on Masked Singer back in 2020:

For some reason this performance made me wanna laugh and cry at the same time.