• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas Couples Bobby & Pam - Appreciation thread

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In regards to Jenna's pregnancy, i don't think that Naldo being a possibility was ever really disproven. Scotty thought that Jenna was hiding something during the trial, so it's possible he could be the father in my opinion.

K

Karin Schill

I don't think Naldo and Jenna consumated their marriage the second time around. There was that one scene where he tried to rape her but they were interrupted by someone who worked at the motel. That was when Jenna threatened to kill Naldo I believe.

Then as for Lucas I always assumed he was conceived after Jenna was released on bail.

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think Naldo and Jenna consumated their marriage the second time around. There was that one scene where he tried to rape her but they were interrupted by someone who worked at the motel. That was when Jenna threatened to kill Naldo I believe.

Then as for Lucas I always assumed he was conceived after Jenna was released on bail.

Sorry I just think it is possible that it could have gone that way and that they had room to add it if they wanted to.

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If that were the case, then I hope the Ewings never hired him again. Talk about unethical.
as emotionally intense as Scotty’s pre-trial cross examination of Jenna was, it’s not surprising that they might have succumbed to a moment of passion immediately after the scene ended

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never thought about the possibility of Naldo being Lucas’s father before. As Karin said they never did consummate their marriage as Naldo’s attempt to rape Jenna was foiled and I don’t think Jenna would’ve slept with him otherwise. But I would’ve been open to someone else being Lucas’s biological father, especially since it would’ve put less strain on Pam and Bobby’s marriage.

K

Karin Schill

I can certainly understand why some of you don't like the idea of Bobby & Jenna having a son. But Bobby never questioned that he was the father of Jenna's baby. Pam never questioned it. Heck she even tried to buy Jenna's baby so she and Bobby could raise him!

Jenna knew that it was Bobby's baby. So well Bobby was Lucas father. There was no other way. Also considering that Jenna didn't find out that she was pregnant until a couple of episodes into season ten, maybe she didn't fall pregnant until after she was released from prison.

Oh and I was also wondering, what's everyone's opinion on the scene where Pam tried to buy Jenna's baby?

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh and I was also wondering, what's everyone's opinion on the scene where Pam tried to buy Jenna's baby?
I haven’t watched this scene in awhile so it’s not fresh in my mind but I think it took a lot of nerve on Pam’s part to offer something like that. But I do understood why she did it. If I were Bobby I would’ve felt quite flattered. But of course I can also see Jenna’s side of it. Who are you to come here and offer to buy my baby? I do love this scene between them and as much as I didn’t like Jenna’s pregnancy casting a dark cloud over Pam and Bobby, I do like this part of the storyline.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam never questioned it. Heck she even tried to buy Jenna's baby so she and Bobby could raise him!

It was very out of character for Pam to try to buy Jenna's baby. And I say that even though Pam was once so desperate for a baby that she needed psychiatric help after a failed suicide attempt. Christopher had settled all that down.

Pam was dumbed down a bit in her last season, except when attacking J.R. over the B.D. Calhoun mess.

Last edited:

TheDeadBobby

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Groundhog Day
Well, Bobby and Pam were the only decent characters in the show ... or the ones that had just a little bit of moral fiber. It's kind of weird, I think the show started out with the intention of being focused around them but quickly switched over to JR because he was such a two timing creep.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's kind of weird, I think the show started out with the intention of being focused around them but quickly switched over to JR because he was such a two timing creep
You’re correct. Bobby and Pam and their relationship of them against the world was the initial focus. But once JR’s conniving ways started to gain momentum he became the focus.

And welcome to the forum @TheDeadBobby

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can certainly understand why some of you don't like the idea of Bobby & Jenna having a son. But Bobby never questioned that he was the father of Jenna's baby. Pam never questioned it. Heck she even tried to buy Jenna's baby so she and Bobby could raise him!

Jenna knew that it was Bobby's baby. So well Bobby was Lucas father. There was no other way. Also considering that Jenna didn't find out that she was pregnant until a couple of episodes into season ten, maybe she didn't fall pregnant until after she was released from prison.

Just to be clear, I don't really have a problem with Lucas being Bobby's son. I'm not anti Bobby/Jenna anymore, I just thought that the room was there if they wanted to have that be the case.

As to the scene of Pam buying Jenna's baby, I totally understand Jenna's reaction to Pam. She really did have no right to ask that.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, Bobby and Pam were the only decent characters in the show ... or the ones that had just a little bit of moral fiber. It's kind of weird, I think the show started out with the intention of being focused around them but quickly switched over to JR because he was such a two timing creep.

But Pam was the outsider going into the Ewing world, like the audience really. Even worse for Pam because of being Digger Barnes' daughter. Pam never lost that connection of being the one-time outsider who had become a Ewing, just as the audience came to know the Ewings and the Ewing world over time. That's why Pam eventually leaving caused something of a mess.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's why Pam eventually leaving caused something of a mess.
Agreed. It really was the end of the feud, and that severely hurt the show.

I totally understand Jenna's reaction to Pam. She really did have no right to ask that.
I actually thought her reaction to getting asked that question was much tamer than I expected at the time. I liked Pam’s reasons for doing it but I think if I were Jenna I would’ve reacted much worse to be honest.

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Agreed. It really was the end of the feud, and that severely hurt the show.

I actually thought her reaction to getting asked that question was much tamer than I expected at the time. I liked Pam’s reasons for doing it but I think if I were Jenna I would’ve reacted much worse to be honest.
Dallas was never the same after Victoria left. I've never been a big fan of April, her change in personality never worked for me. Plus I liked Cally better and would have preferred Bobby marry her instead of J.R.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas was never the same after Victoria left. I've never been a big fan of April, her change in personality never worked for me. Plus I liked Cally better and would have preferred Bobby marry her instead of J.R.
I wasn’t a big fan of April at first but I liked her more as time went on. But she and Bobby together didn’t do much for me either. I’ve always said that in the later seasons post Pam I would’ve liked to have seen him end up with Phyllis at some point. There was a nice friendship there for starters and they had good chemistry.

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for your answers. Nice to see that we've got some discussion going here! :)

I bet there was a part of Bobby that had to be a little proud of Pam for making that offer to Jenna considering he had technically bought Christopher several years earlier.

Wow! That's a great observation. I never even thought of that. I thought Bobby got angry with Pam when he heard what she had tried to do, or didn't he?
It's been a while since I watched that episode so I don't remember the details all that well. But yeah if he got angry with her and yet he did almost the same thing it was really like throwing stones in glass houses.

Then as for the scene itself. I think Jenna's anger was justified since it was like Pam said that she was a better mother than Jenna. I think she also mentioned something about the baby being better off with her and Bobby since they were rich and could give the baby more things than Jenna could. Or didn't she?

So yeah Pam was out of line asking to adopt Jenna's baby but the fact that she was willing to raise Bobby's child with Jenna, as her own also shows how deep her love was for Bobby.
Pam was dumbed down a bit in her last season, except when attacking J.R. over the B.D. Calhoun mess.

I agree. Pam started out strong in the early seasons and was made weaker later on. I actually preferred the strong Pam that we saw in the early seasons of the show. The one that was a bit more street smart and didn't take bullshit from anyone.

Yeah Dallas was meant to be about Bobby & Pam. After all the first episode was called "Digger's Daughter."
Also welcome to the board. I hope you will like it here. :)

That's why Pam eventually leaving caused something of a mess.

Yeah the show was never the same after Pam left. Or Bobby for that matter. They needed both characters to make the Barnes-Ewing fued between JR and Cliff interesting. Take away one or the other and there's no fued left. Although they did set up an interesting dynamic when Pam was going to work at Ewing Oil with Bobby in the dream season. Just too bad that nothing more came out of it.

I really liked April. Probably because I started watching the show when Pam crashed into the tanker. I had to see if she would survive so I hadn't seen the way April behaved in the season before and hence I liked her and Bobby's romance. Later on when I watched the beginning of the show in reruns I was really surprised at the way April started out since it felt like a different character that year. Is it just me, or had they decided to pair Bobby with April after Pam left?

I think they might have, considering that April was made a regular in season eleven I think. So Pam left and April was made a regular or was it the season after she was in the opening credits?

Also I am wondering, do you remember which was the first episode of Dallas you saw?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really liked April. Probably because I started watching the show when Pam crashed into the tanker. I had to see if she would survive so I hadn't seen the way April behaved in the season before and hence I liked her and Bobby's romance. Later on when I watched the beginning of the show in reruns I was really surprised at the way April started out since it felt like a different character that year. Is it just me, or had they decided to pair Bobby with April after Pam left?

I think they might have, considering that April was made a regular in season eleven I think. So Pam left and April was made a regular or was it the season after she was in the opening credits?

Also I am wondering, do you remember which was the first episode of Dallas you saw?
I just liked Cally better, J.R. didn't deserve her.

Well the first episode i watched was Reunion Part 2. My dad borrowed the second disc and I think the 5th disc from the library if I remember correctly. That's all that was available at the time. When I thought I remembered them watching it when I was younger was just them talking about it. They had quit watching years before, and only saw it when over with relatives who watched it and I was a baby so I doubt I really payed attention to it then.