Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Sheridan in Keeping Up Appearances.

Never actually saw "Big Brother" if I recall correctly.

Franko

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am re-watching Frasier and one of the characters is never seen in any episode, but often referred to. Niles' wife, later ex-wife, Maris Crane. We know a lot about her delicate self, but she never appears on screen.
If I remember correctly, Maris topped a mid-90s TV Guide poll of characters the audience most wanted to see. I recall the Frasier cast throwing out ideas of what she'd look like. Jane Leeves figured Maris looked like Frasier's ex-wife, Lilith. And David Hyde Pierce (jokingly?) wanted Roseanne. I assume it's a joke, but they could go so many ways with that casting. Maris fell hard off the wagon with her latest crisis. Or Niles (as he was when Daphne gained weight) was deluded by his feelings.

Should have remembered sooner but ‘except Phil’ - Sophia’s son and Dorothy’s brother on The Golden Girls.
I don't have a hard time casting this one: James Coco (if he had been alive), Vic Tayback (ditto), Sorrell Booke, Michael Lombard ...

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i dunno if it's been said but Robin Masters from the Original Magnum PI (1980-1988) though it's either Orson Wells and was going to be had he not died and apparently it's Higgins but it's not sure if he was kidding or not as it's said in the finale.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Dr Claw in Inspector Gadget. I have no recollection of seeing more than his/her hands.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I remember correctly, Maris topped a mid-90s TV Guide poll of characters the audience most wanted to see. I recall the Frasier cast throwing out ideas of what she'd look like. Jane Leeves figured Maris looked like Frasier's ex-wife, Lilith. And David Hyde Pierce (jokingly?) wanted Roseanne. I assume it's a joke, but they could go so many ways with that casting. Maris fell hard off the wagon with her latest crisis. Or Niles (as he was when Daphne gained weight) was deluded by his feelings.

I don't have a hard time casting this one: James Coco (if he had been alive), Vic Tayback (ditto), Sorrell Booke, Michael Lombard ...

Niles had a dog during his separation from Maris and the dog apparently looked "exactly like Maris". Incredibly thin and posh.

I am thinking Twiggy or better yet; Calista Flockhart.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I think the actress who played Mel his second wife would have had the personality of Maris in some ways.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the actress who played Mel his second wife would have had the personality of Maris in some ways.

That's why he fell for her. First a Maris look-a-like dog, then a Maris look-a-like wife. :lol: