Deleting Your Account

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I think there should be an option in the settings whereby you can delete your account if you want to leave the Forum.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
We don’t delete accounts. If you no longer wish to post that’s a personal choice.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The advantage of deleting or deactivating a Facebook account is that you will no longer receive notifications of when you are tagged in a post but as you don't get those types of notifications from Telly Talk what is there to gain by deleting your account? If it stays open but unused, how would that impact negatively on someone?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In addition to the excellent points made by Angela, a key reason for not deleting accounts is because of the effect it would have on the discussions. If a member's posts all vanished, conversations in many threads could become confusing - perhaps even misleading - to read through.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In addition to the excellent points made by Angela, a key reason for not deleting accounts is because of the effect it would have on the discussions. If a member's posts all vanished, conversations in many threads could become confusing - perhaps even misleading - to read through.
Pretty much this, especially on a forum like TellyTalk where conversations doesn't move at lightning speed and old posts are consistently bumped.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to have my account deleted once. So I understand the question but I haven't thought about what it would mean for the discussions in the threads. I just wanted to have a dramatic exit in that moment. Of course I was already thinking about a new alias name to return with - just in case I would miss something... ;)

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to have my account deleted once. So I understand the question but I haven't thought about what it would mean for the discussions in the threads. I just wanted to have a dramatic exit in that moment. Of course I was already thinking about a new alias name to return with - just in case I would miss something... ;)
A bit like Cathy Geary in Knots Landing when she exited in a dramatic season finale only to return with a new name.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's against the law to make impossible to leave the site.
We're all anonymous here and if you've put sensitive information in your account/profile (not a smart thing to do) you can simply modify or remove it.
It wouldn't be you deciding not to visit this website anymore, it would be your anonymous forum alter ego cheaproberts.