Did the cast like Nicollette Sheridan?

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Knots Landing" always was about a cul-de-sac and a number of couples going through life.

It wasn't always just about that. It started to change and expand around Seasons 4 and 5.

Paige only sponged out the Mackenzies

Well, she started working at Lotus Point pretty soon after arriving. So presumably she was paying her way.

they factually weren´t even a couple (only in the missing years between the last episode and the miniseries).

Well, they felt like a couple. In a pleasingly on-off sort of way.

We fans are a bit too benevolent with this show of ours.

Why do you think that is?

We can beech endlessly about the latter years of "Dallas", "FC" and "Dynasty"

I think there's a lot to love about the latter years of each of those shows.

it seems almost a sin to say anything about the last half of KL.

I've never felt the vibe that on the forum. The opposite, if anything.

And those were crappy years too

I loved Seasons 11 and 13, and 14 once it gets going. 12 is the only one I have a real problem with, but I really enjoyed the first handful of episodes.

Paige and Greg were used to try to win the rivals in the last half of the 80s.

How do you mean?

Sumner Group was born to beat "L.A. Law", not organically.

Possibly, but it felt organic to me. And exciting. The Abby and Ted Melcher period of the Sumner Group -- I just love it.

Claudia was brought because since Donna Mills left, audiences were watching it half-asleep.

I wasn't. The period between Abby and Claudia, i.e., Season 11, is a series highpoint for me.

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
It wasn't always just about that. It started to change and expand around Seasons 4 and 5.

Well, she started working at Lotus Point pretty soon after arriving. So she presumably she was paying her way.

Well, they felt like a couple. In a pleasingly on-off sort of way.

Why do you think that is?

I think there's a lot to love about the latter years of each of those shows.

I've never felt the vibe that on the forum. The opposite, if anything.

I loved Seasons 11 and 13, and 14 once it gets going. 12 is the only one I have a real problem with, but I really enjoyed the first handful of episodes.

How do you mean?

Possibly, but it felt organic to me. And exciting. The Abby and Ted Melcher period of the Sumner Group -- I just love it.

I wasn't. The period between Abby and Claudia, i.e., Season 11, is a series highpoint for me.

Sorry, but I can´t control the multi-quote thingie like you do. Neither so fast too. But anyway, thanks for your post which confirms what I said. Knots is sacred here.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
thanks for your post which confirms what I said. Knots is sacred here.

But I'm only speaking for myself, not the whole forum. If it helps, I disliked Anne and Claudia's thought bubbles, Benny Appleman, Mack's poem when Jason was in the hospital, Olivia on drugs and large swathes of Back to the Cul-de-sac.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Knots is sacred here.
I think the Knots fans are very upfront about what they like and don't like. It's just that it's not being discussed as much as Dallas and Dynasty.
but it seems almost a sin to say anything about the last half of KL. And those were crappy years too
When someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean that person is trying to shut you up. You can say and dislike whatever you want.

DeviousPeep

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Since the topic has shifted to Knots a little bit, does anyone happen to know where I can watch all the episodes? I read on here that they're unlisted on YouTube somewhere. Anyone have the links they're willing to send privately?

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Knots Landing" always was about a cul-de-sac and a number of couples going through life. Paige only sponged out the Mackenzies and Greg never lived in the cul-de-sac. And they factually weren´t even a couple (only in the missing years between the last episode and the miniseries).

We fans are a bit too benevolent with this show of ours. We can beech endlessly about the latter years of "Dallas", "FC" and "Dynasty", but it seems almost a sin to say anything about the last half of KL. And those were crappy years too, and Paige and Greg were used to try to win the rivals in the last half of the 80s.

But along the way, a lot of things were compromised and the writers and producers dignity was threatened. Quite often, by the way. Sumner Group was born to beat "L.A. Law", not organically. Claudia was brought because since Donna Mills left, audiences were watching it half-asleep. And so on...Oh and by the way (again)...

I disagree about Knots fans. I recall when the show was on SOAPnet you had all sorts of people who preferred different seasons and eras of the show. I don't think that's changed too much. I started watching with the season 6 finale so I was always partial to the later years. My original name here was ChrisSumnerMatheson which is a combination of my first name and of course Greg and Paige's last names. I definitely don't think Knots was ever truly bad in the way some of the soaps were. I think overall they have a solid run that holds up over time. I especially appreciate the different eras now because you have different things to enjoy in each of them so it makes it more exciting to rewatch the show. I'm also almost finished re-watching Dallas and I find the later years more enjoyable than fans suggest. The problems I have are completely different from the typical "OMG all my favorite characters are gone." Looking back, many of them *should've* gone so I don't mind it lol.

Oh and I forgot to say that I don´t think that anyone disliked Nicollette. Just a feeling of course, but with Earth, Wind & Fire around, she wouldn´t have lasted a minute if she had been anything negative...The real question could be: Did the cast like Felicity Waterman...?

On a side note, I've always felt they should've brought on Lucy once Val died and she could've filled the Felicity Waterman role.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We can beech endlessly about the latter years of "Dallas", "FC" and "Dynasty", but it seems almost a sin to say anything about the last half of KL.
I don't think it's seen as a sin, but KNOTS simply didn't deteriorate in the same way as the others shows.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
"Knots Landing" always was about a cul-de-sac and a number of couples going through life.

And there were away-from-the-cul-de-sac business elements in the series from the very beginning. Knots Landing Motors was a really important location for a good deal of Season Two.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the last half of KL. And those were crappy years too,
I'm not sure I'd say "crappy" exactly. The last half had its good moments, but it is definitely a case of two halves. If they released seasons 1-7 on DVD tomorrow I wouldn't necessarily be petitioning for the rest.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nicollette Sheridan always seems ousted from the core cast, even though she was an essential part of that "core" in the show's later years. I remember the Block Party follow-up to the series finale, and I remember finding it odd that Nicollette wasn't centered more with the likes of Michele Lee, Joan Van Ark, Ted Shackelford, and Kevin Dobson.

Then again, those for were just in their director-type chairs by themselves, weren't they? Yes, they were. Those four were the "rock" the show propped on, especially after the exits of Abby, and Greg didn't tie-in as heavily with the absence of Laura.

I'm not entirely sure if the cast disliked Nicollette, or if she personally withdrew herself from the circle. She doesn't seem quite as approachable as the others, but that's also basing one's opinion off of interviews. I sometimes get the vibe she felt Knots Landing became beneath her in some aspect, and that she was better than the show.

Again, that's a personal feeling. Not saying it's fact.

The other cast members don't routinely make a point of mentioning her. Like another poster said, I think relies on the "older" women ─ Lee, Van Ark, and Mills ─ being, at the root of it, a little jealous of her coming on. I mean, those ladies weren't young, per se, but they weren't old, either. They were in that mid-range age where most actresses, outside of established TV shows mostly, suffer career slumps. I'm sure they were worried that their show was going in a more youthful direction, and maybe... just maybe they were a little concerned their parts would eventually get axed if the youth took over.

That's all personal though, however. Nothing solid to weigh it down.