• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Do you ever think: "I just don't drink enough..." ?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I definitely don't drink enough water.
I always thought I did until one day a couple of years ago when I became severely dehydrated. The doctor asked me how much water I drink a day and I said about 64 ounces as recommended. She assured me that is not necessarily true and that the correct amount of water to drink is half of your body weight in ounces every day, which for me is much more that 64 ounces. She added that if 64 is more than half of your body weight then just drink the 64. Never go less than 64. So now I drink a lot more water than I used to. I never knew this.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
I always thought I did until one day a couple of years ago when I became severely dehydrated. The doctor asked me how much water I drink a day and I said about 64 ounces as recommended. She assured me that is not necessarily true and that the correct amount of water to drink is half of your body weight in ounces every day, which for me is much more that 64 ounces. She added that if 64 is more than half of your body weight then just drink the 64. Never go less than 64. So now I drink a lot more water than I used to. I never knew this.
I was surprised figure of 64 fluid ounces, so consulted Google and the answer is 1.8 litres. All quite reasonable

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alcohol? I rarely drink it, just the occasional beer or glass of wine to be social. As for other fluids, due to gut issues I have I tend to have a dry mouth a lot of the time which means I'm always thirsty. So I drink a hell of a lot of water. I wake up parched several times in the night (or early morning rather) so always have water by my bed.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
My problem is that if I start to drink alcohol I like to keep at it until I pass out. I don't like one glass of wine, or a beer or anything like that. I don't see the point. If I'm on it, then I'm on it. And once I have drank until I am pickled, then I will drink gallons of water to de-pickle myself.
It's an Irish thing I am sure.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I used to drink too much alcohol but now I don't drink any at all.

I drink a lot of water each day. I got into the habit when I used to run marathons. I drink about 2 litres of water every day plus additional fluids in tea, coffee etc.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I need to go back to drinking half-a-glass of red wine per day. But I went to the grocer's this morning (I like to go early to avoid the crowds and because I'm shy) and the very nice girl at the register said I couldn't buy alcohol before 8 am (which was 25 minutes away and I didn't want to wait -- and I'd already taken 20 minutes to select the merlot).

So now I'm home with just my cheese and peppers.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do still like the old tipple or three, but having shot my cousin and murdered his mother, i'm a bit more careful these days - especially in this nun's habit.
I am especially partial to a nice Spring Mountain Merlot at this time of year, for some reason it reminds me of home...

View attachment 42453
I wish I could buy this:)

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
My alcohol intake is fine, however if I hear or read more news about Harry & Meghan Markle I may just do myself an injury.

Those two are yesterdays news. I don't care about their TV show documentary and I'm certainly not interested in what they're both doing now.

I would rather watch Dad's Army than give those two the time of day! :)

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I need to go back to that glass (or half glass) of red wine.

In the last couple of months, I've picked up on a subtle cognitive decline --- even here, where I'll run across little response posts, ones that aren't even very old, and all-too-often I'll have no recollection whatsoever of making them. At all.

Not major posts, but small agreement/disagreement comments -- yet ones I would never have forgotten about in the past, especially when I run across one by accident. For me, that's a real shift.

Fortunately, I still agree with me.

Perhaps half-a-glass of merlot could stave off the inevitable, but just a little too much and it all gets worse!!

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the last couple of months, I've picked up on a subtle cognitive decline --- even here, where I'll run across little response posts, ones that aren't even very old, and all-too-often I'll have no recollection whatsoever of making them. At all.

I wouldn't worry, it's been happening to me for years...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A number of people over the years have told me that I seem like bartender material, or look like I could be a bartender. I have no idea what that means, but I think I'd be too scattered for that job.

But from what I hear, bartenders either drink too much or it helps conquer their alcoholism.