• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

DYNASTY '69

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Re-posting these as they were lost with everything else when the site crashed. Opening credits for a Dynasty prequel set in 1969. It includes most of the characters from the Dynasty/Colbys universe, as long as they actor playing them was making TV shows or movies in at the time. All the actor clips are taken from 1969, give or take a year either side (with the exception of Pamela Sue Martin's which is from 1972).

In some cases the difference in age between the actor and the character they played are much more obvious, most notably Gordon Thompson and Stephanie Beacham. In fact, when I was making Stephanie's credit I instinctively placed her in an English country manor as she seemed so young, when in fact, going by The Colby's timeline, she was already living in California with three kids.

The perfectionist in me is not totally happy with a few of these, especially the ones which are quite static, but it wasn't always easy to find suitable clips, so sometimes it was just a question of making do. That said, I'm pleased with how most of them turned out.

Obviously many of these characters stories would not have been interconnected at the time, so I imagine this as something that would have followed various characters lives with story lines intersecting where possible. The special guest stars were either suggested by other forum members or I came up with them myself, some having preconceived roles, others not.