Telly Talk's Favourite TV Characters

THE SPIN-OFF

Dynasty/Colbys Reunion

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i appear to be in the waiting room...not even a magazine to read! im hoping the refreshment cart comes around soon at the very least

rayray

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Ditto! Thanks all, for your support through this nail-biting tension.

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now, here's the thing, it's lovely to see the cast but it's so chaotic, I am struggling with it a little. Stephanie Beacham and Emma Samms both look AMAZING! Scott Mills is not as strong as host as I had hoped he would be nor is he doing a particularly great job of reigning things in. Poor Terri Garber keeps getting overlooked and missed and she is desperately trying to have a say, I am feeling cringe for her. It must be hard to organise this sort of thing but even the screen set up has been pretty chaotic throughout, it feels as if that side of tings needed some more planning. I am enjoying it but expected more on the organisational side of things to make it run a little smoother. It' a sham that Linda Evans could only fit in a five minute (if that) appearance too. I think instead of having everyone on screen it should have been done in blocks of 4 actors at a time for a chat, it's all quite general at the moment and nobody knows who is talking to whom, messy!

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now, here's the thing, it's lovely to see the cast but it's so chaotic, I am struggling with it a little.

I didn't buy a ticket in the end as I feared it might be like that. Virtual events are often messy with lots of technical glitches and I didn't fancy paying £30 for that. Hope there are some good moments though, keep posting and let us know how it went!

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There will not be time for questions to the cast by the time this quiz finally ends, sadly the whole thing can only be summed up as messy I feel. Scott Mills seems to have little knowledge of the show which does not help

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Catherine Oxenberg did not like the story of her character having to seduce Dex.

Al Corley spoke about not liking the way people behind the scenes reacted to him filming scenes where he had physical contact with another male actor as it was very restrictive. Al also hated the wardrobe originally picked out for his character and was responsible for a change of look for Steven as he was meant to be suited and booted in the beginning.

Maxwell Caulfield said the Colbys was pulled because the network could not afford to keep Dynasty and The Colbys on the air.

Also...I think Emma Samms should have hosted this herself rather than involve Scott Mills.

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
well it's over...it ended very abruptly, I presume due them over running. Well I can confirm that has put me off any future events done like that over zoom! I know a lot of fans will have been happy just seeing the cast together but I have been left underwhelmed but I appreciate they tried and that they have raised money for a good cause. Did I learn anything I did not know about the show, No.

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
my summary:
Joan did sent a clip and Linda left after 10 minutes because of work - but she had tears in her eyes and wished she could stay longer .... most of the time they had a Dynasty quizz and a lot of references from other tv shows imitating Dynasty (Nanny, family guy, Cybill ...) - for my taste the quiz was much too long and too many people (like drags) took away time from the cast ... Al said Aaron went shopping with him because Al didn´t like the clothes they had for Steven. Gordon said he hated the new Dynasty. I wish the cast would have answered more questions from the fans ...

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
my summary:
Joan did sent a clip and Linda left after 10 minutes because of work - but she had tears in her eyes and wished she could stay longer .... most of the time they had a Dynasty quizz and a lot of references from other tv shows imitating Dynasty (Nanny, family guy, Cybill ...) - for my taste the quiz was much too long and too many people (like drags) took away time from the cast ... Al said Aaron went shopping with him because Al didn´t like the clothes they had for Steven. Gordon said he hated the new Dynasty. I wish the cast would have answered more questions from the fans ...
I agree! did you find Scott to be any good at all as host? that Quiz!!!!! how long! and it was cut in half can you believe.