• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dynasty/Colbys Reunion

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some interesting observations about the Zoom Reunion.

Emma Samms went out of her way to explain why Pamela Sue Martin wasn't there - apparently she was invited but lives in an area with spotty wi-fi connection. Emma was keen to stress that was the only reason. It does make you wonder if they read the comments on this forum.

Catherine Oxenberg was touched that Joan Collins offered to read lines with her during weekends.

Michael Praed was taken into a room with the producers during the filming of the massacre - and there were a few alternate endings - I wonder what they could have been?

Kathleen Beller didn't like the way Kirby was written and often said 'Do I really have to say this?'

Did anyone attend the Super Zoom and can remember the Q&A'S? I thought the price was a bit steep to attend. The Zoom itself was just about worth it.

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Tony I attended the Super Zoom event and thought it was better focused. There were fewer cast members in attendance, so I think that helped to give everyone more of a word in the conversation, except for poor Michael Praed. The Super Zoom event had in attendance Emma Samms, Stephanie Beacham, Heather Locklear, Jack Coleman, Gordon Thompson, Kathleen Beller, Leann Hunley, Michael Praed, and Maxwell Caulfield. I think that was everyone. This event was pretty much fan questions, and fans asked their questions on camera to the cast. I posted a few of the Q & A's I remember in my earlier post.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in the Main Event, John James, Emma Samms, and I think it was either jack Coleman or Gordon Thompson (John James did most of the talking) had a laugh over the portrait of Fallon that hung in the Carrington living room during Season 5, and more specifically the mysterious third portrait that hung on the living room wall between the time Pamela Sue Martin's portrait hung there and Emma's. JJ joked how the third interim portrait just appeared one day, looked strange and didn't resemble anyone he knew. Emma then joked that her portrait didn't look anything like HER! It was a cute moment, and confirmed what we all knew here that there was a third portrait for an episode or two late in Season 5 just before Emma made her Dynasty debut.

Does anyone else remember, I think it was during the main event, though it was possibly during the Super Zoom event, what looked like Stephanie about to reprimand Jack Coleman? I think the cast were talking about Charlton Heston, specifically about Heston having script approval, and Jack made a joke about Heston, saying something to the effect of "They'll have to pry this script out of my cold dead hand," a reference to a speech Charlton made when he spoke in front of the NRA (National Rifle Association, a once powerful conservative gun lobby group in the USA) about gun ownership way back in 2000. After Jack said it, I watched Stephanie and she got a stern look on her face and started to speak and then stopped herself and said something to the effect that it was not the time or place to say what she wanted to say. It was maybe the closest we got to some drama during the proceedings. It all happened fast and when Jack said the comment a few other people were talking over him, so it might not of been heard by too many people unless you caught him saying it, knowing the reference, and then knowing to look at Stephanie to see what her reaction would be. It was an interesting moment.....

Last edited:

rayray

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Tony I attended the Super Zoom event and thought it was better focused. There were fewer cast members in attendance, so I think that helped to give everyone more of a word in the conversation, except for poor Michael Praed. The Super Zoom event had in attendance Emma Samms, Stephanie Beacham, Heather Locklear, Jack Coleman, Gordon Thompson, Kathleen Beller, Leann Hunley, Michael Praed, and Maxwell Caulfield. I think that was everyone. This event was pretty much fan questions, and fans asked their questions on camera to the cast. I posted a few of the Q & A's I remember in my earlier post.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in the Main Event, John James, Emma Samms, and I think it was either jack Coleman or Gordon Thompson (John James did most of the talking) had a laugh over the portrait of Fallon that hung in the Carrington living room during Season 5, and more specifically the mysterious third portrait that hung on the living room wall between the time Pamela Sue Martin's portrait hung there and Emma's. JJ joked how the third interim portrait just appeared one day, looked strange and didn't resemble anyone he knew. Emma then joked that her portrait didn't look anything like HER! It was a cute moment, and confirmed what we all knew here that there was a third portrait for an episode or two late in Season 5 just before Emma made her Dynasty debut.

Does anyone else remember, I think it was during the main event, though it was possibly during the Super Zoom event, what looked like Stephanie about to reprimand Jack Coleman? I think the cast were talking about Charlton Heston, specifically about Heston having script approval, and Jack made a joke about Heston, saying something to the effect of "They'll have to pry this script out of my cold dead hand," a reference to a speech Charlton made when he spoke in front of the NRA (National Rifle Association, a once powerful conservative gun lobby group in the USA) about gun ownership way back in 2000. After Jack said it, I watched Stephanie and she got a stern look on her face and started to speak and then stopped herself and said something to the effect that it was not the time or place to say what she wanted to say. It was maybe the closest we got to some drama during the proceedings. It all happened fast and when Jack said the comment a few other people were talking over him, so it might not of been heard by too many people unless you caught him saying it, knowing the reference, and then knowing to look at Stephanie to see what her reaction would be. It was an interesting moment.....
Yes, this was during the main event. I wondered if Stephanie was going to share her difference of opinion about the featuring of guns on the Colbys, or if she was reacting to the relative tastelessness of the quote when Heston is, in fact, a dead colleague. (I appreciated Coleman's joke, though, and really hated when Heston's Jason Colby was locked and loaded every five minutes on his show.)

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Emma Samms went out of her way to explain why Pamela Sue Martin wasn't there - apparently she was invited but lives in an area with spotty wi-fi connection. Emma was keen to stress that was the only reason.
Meanwhile, in a prison in Caracas:
PS. M: Let me out! I need to go to the Zoom!
GUARD: no, no, you stay here. Orders from the big chief.

nd Jack made a joke about Heston, saying something to the effect of "They'll have to pry this script out of my cold dead hand," a reference to a speech Charlton made when he spoke in front of the NRA (National Rifle Association, a once powerful conservative gun lobby group in the USA) about gun ownership way back in 2000.
Ha ha! Who knew Steven II could be so cheeky! Too bad it wasn't in a Dynasty script.

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, this was during the main event. I wondered if Stephanie was going to share her difference of opinion about the featuring of guns on the Colbys, or if she was reacting to the relative tastelessness of the quote when Heston is, in fact, a dead colleague. (I appreciated Coleman's joke, though, and really hated when Heston's Jason Colby was locked and loaded every five minutes on his show.)

I remember the moment when Stephanie was going to say something but then said it wasn't the time to say it. I didn't hear Jack's comment though.

I know Gordon Thomson thought Charlton Heston was a pompous ass, and Jack maybe too. Most of the cast I guess are democrats and anti gun too. Stephanie is also anti gun as she once said to Heston "What's all this gun stuff about?" though she obviously has fonder memories of him, as they spent the most scenes together.

Unfortunately Scott Mills didn't let the cast interact more, and should of let them just share memories - like when JJ recalled Ali MacGraw's comment 'Do you think it's serious?' when producers put blood on her forehead and Pamela Bellwood piped up "Ali grabbed my hand too!" Fun stuff like that was sadly lacking.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I wish there was a way to watch it now. That might be one of the last few occasions with so many of them still around.

K

Karin Schill

Interesting observation. I think what was said was that Charlton Heston could ab lib. Or well Stephanie called him "Chuck", a nickname so they must have got along well.

I think the remark that Jack Coleman said was "that's just because he had a gun". It didn't get the NRA reference at first but my sister picked up on it.

Jock's Ghost

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting observation. I think what was said was that Charlton Heston could ab lib. Or well Stephanie called him "Chuck", a nickname so they must have got along well.

I think the remark that Jack Coleman said was "that's just because he had a gun". It didn't get the NRA reference at first but my sister picked up on it.
Unlike Jack who saw only politics, Stephanie obviously was speaking out for thr man she knew, not the political stance. People and especially celebrities today are so ignorant and infantile about politics today. Good on Beacham. Heston had a great reputation long before joining this show as a stand up guy.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
though she obviously has fonder memories of him, as they spent the most scenes together.
I can understand that it doesn't sound very funny to her.
I wish I could have asked: what are your best memories, filming The Colbys or filming Dynasty?

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can understand that it doesn't sound very funny to her.
I wish I could have asked: what are your best memories, filming The Colbys or filming Dynasty?

I'm sure she'd say The Colbys. Stephanie's very proud of her scenes with Charlton Heston.
There isn't anything comparable on Dynasty - her scenes with Joan are bitchy fun, but not in the same emotional league as with Heston.

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

- I didn´t get the NRA reference until I read this ... while watching I thought of Conny "over my dead body"

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was at the Super Zoom too. I asked Kathleen if she was disappointed about the axing of Kirby from the series. Her reply was that she felt her character became a bit strange towards the end, in what she had to say but enjoyed appearing again in DYNASTY THE REUNION, 1991. All the women looked really well. As for the men Gordon Thomson and Michael Nader have got particularly old looking, imho. There was a nice nod to John Forsythe, when the cast agreed he was the driving force behind the show (or words to that effect). However the Dame probably would have something to say about that.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know how I managed to miss this?! Fuming!