• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton - Discussion & Photos! :)

Which is your favorite movie with Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton?

• Cleopatra (1963)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The VIPS (1963)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The Sandpiper (1965)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • The Taming of The Shrew (1967)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Doctor Faustus (1967)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Comedians (1967)

• Boom (1968)

• Under Milkwood or Hammersmith is Out (1972)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divorce His, Divorce Hers (1973)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
K

Karin Schill

So today it's been 10 years since Elizabeth died. So well I've made a new fan tribute video that I thought I'd share with you all:

It's set to the song "The Day I Die(I Want You To Celebrate) by Carola. The video is meant to be a celebration of Elizabeth's life.

I hope you will like it. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karin Schill

Thanks to this board I've discovered this song today:

I love it. I had heard an upbeat party version of this song being played on the radio before. But this slower version really speaks to me.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks to this board I've discovered this song today:

I love it. I had heard an upbeat party version of this song being played on the radio before. But this slower version really speaks to me.

Interesting.... why hadn't I ever heard this before??

Well, I guess that's a star --- someone who makes you feel as if they're somewhere inside you someplace.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you so much for sharing those documentaries and interviews. I finally found the time to watch the Taylor-Burton one tonight and I found it interesting. It was great that they have managed to interview the Private Lives producer Zev Buffman. Poor Elizabeth when Richard got remarried. The way he described it she must have been really heart broken. Too bad they never filmed the entire play though. I would have loved to see it.

It was also interesting how Nathalie Delon denied having had an affair with Richard. Poor crew working with them when they got to the 35 take and Richard still didn't get his line right. :lol:

Also I think the end was a bit over exagerrated. I mean they made it sound like Elizabeth Taylor became an old woman over night when Richard died and that is not true. I mean she regained her looks and was absolutely stunning in the late 1980s.

ET80s.jpg

I mean this is how she really looked in the 80s. The last clip of that documentary was from the 2000s. So it's hardly the same thing.
Also I bet if Richard had lived a few years longer she would have gotten him back. He wouldn't have been able to resist her.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karin Schill

Elizabeth didn't only leave her mark as an actress. She also started an AIDS foundation that is still making the world a better place. Here's a video of what they have accomplished since Elizabeth started the foundation 30 years ago:

I think it's a nice touch who has narrated the video! :)

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm trying to watch Burton's THE ROBE (1953) for the holiday, and Elizabeth is nowhere to be found. But it's like early-Marc Antony. Burton crucifies Jesus, and Jesus' robe torments Burton.

It's camp as the Easter bunny. And I just find Burton's endless posing so tiresome; he can be an exhausting actor: he's both highly energetic and lazy simultaneously.

It's not that he's bad exactly ......