Elon Musk buying Twitter

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was hopeful that Musk would have thicker skin and let free speech thrive, but I'm not surprised to learn he's a bullshitter. Musk was repugnant to begin with. The problem I have with many of Musk's critics is they're upset over who he's targeting. Many of them support censoring right wingers or even progressives who challenge the establishment.

I also can't bring myself to feel sorry for Eli Lilly. Bernie Sanders tweeted "Let's be clear. Eli Lilly should apologize for increasing the price of insulin by over 1,200% since 1996 to $275 while it costs less than $10 to manufacture. The inventors of insulin sold their patents in 1923 for $1 to save lives, not to make Eli Lilly's CEO obscenely rich."

So yeah, I won't be shedding any tears if a fake tweet cut into their profits.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Right. Now people can acknowledge that social media like Twitter have become a part of our infrastructure and is a public service rather than just a private company.

Weird how Twitter actually went from public to private with the buy-out from Elon though.

Look, I think it's constructive that people can finally have this sort of realisation, but as someone who has been yelling very loudly that social media companies aren't just private companies but has creeped their way into becoming part of the infrastructure this is bittersweet. People finally acknowledge this, but they only do it because they hate Musk. It makes me roll my eyes.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Let me see if I understand. CBS News left Twitter and then changed course and resumed?

Reminds me of "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in" LOL

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Right. Now people can acknowledge that social media like Twitter have become a part of our infrastructure and is a public service rather than just a private company.

Weird how Twitter actually went from public to private with the buy-out from Elon though.

Look, I think it's constructive that people can finally have this sort of realisation, but as someone who has been yelling very loudly that social media companies aren't just private companies but has creeped their way into becoming part of the infrastructure this is bittersweet. People finally acknowledge this, but they only do it because they hate Musk. It makes me roll my eyes.
It is complicated. Twitter seems to fit numerous categories.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If you give terrible people the ability to say anything they like, you can’t be surprised when they say something terrible.