Email Notifications

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Have the email notifications stopped for everyone or just me? I used to get them and then just stopped. My settings are all ticked but I no longer get notified by email if someone replies to a thread I am watching. The emails aren't going to spam, promotions or social either.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Have the email notifications stopped for everyone or just me?
We believe they have, so if anyone is still getting them, please let us know.

We are working on resolving this and feel the case might be out of our hands. There are a few issues starting to build and funds are very low leading us to ask how long we can go on with Telly Talk on this platform. We are considering looking at using a free version like ProBoards rather than the costly xenforo that we currently use.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wish I had saw this thread sooner. My email address changed, and I lost my posting privileges after updating it here because I never received the confirmation email to verify it.

Thankfully, I was able to reach out to @Barbara Fan on Facebook and she kindly passed it on to an admin for me. I'm glad to have my posting privileges restored, but it would be nice if there was a way to resolve this email issue. I couldn't even contact anyone on the site about it. It would be nice if you could at least post in the Feedback and Help forum if your email address is unverified for situations like this.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
it would be nice if there was a way to resolve this email issue. I couldn't even contact anyone on the site about it. It would be nice if you could at least post in the Feedback and Help forum if your email address is unverified for situations like this.

I'm glad your account is back to normal, Frank.

The problem with email notifications is still ongoing and is a cause of concern and frustration for us, especially considering there may be members who haven't the resources to contact other members off the site the way you did.

Please be assured that the issue hasn't been forgotten about. We are still working at finding the cause of the problem though, unfortunately, it's all guesswork at this point. There are still a couple of potential fixes for us to try which may take a little time to implement, but we are working on it.

You make a great point that it would be helpful for locked-out members to have another way to contact us, and we're now discussing this as a team to see what solution we can offer in the interim without compromising the safety of the site.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm glad your account is back to normal, Frank.

The problem with email notifications is still ongoing and is a cause of concern and frustration for us, especially considering there may be members who haven't the resources to contact other members off the site the way you did.

Please be assured that the issue hasn't been forgotten about. We are still working at finding the cause of the problem though, unfortunately, it's all guesswork at this point. There are still a couple of potential fixes for us to try which may take a little time to implement, but we are working on it.

You make a great point that it would be helpful for locked-out members to have another way to contact us, and we're now discussing this as a team to see what solution we can offer in the interim without compromising the safety of the site.
Wow, how strange. I'm glad to hear it's being looked into.

While I was locked out, I created a new account under the name BD Calhun (I misspelled Calhoun) not realizing the problem with email notifications was system wide. Since it's not needed, I thought I'd mention that so you can close it out.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
While I was locked out, I created a new account under the name BD Calhun (I misspelled Calhoun) not realizing the problem with email notifications was system wide. Since it's not needed, I thought I'd mention that so you can close it out.

Thanks for this. I've now deleted the account. Hopefully all's back to usual for you now.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I got a copy of the test email
I initially thought of using this thread to get the replies, but didn't want to confuse anyone if they hadn't seen it, or even knew we had this forum. Once the dust settles later in the week or so, we can merge the two threads.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I initially thought of using this thread to get the replies, but didn't want to confuse anyone if they hadn't seen it, or even knew we had this forum. Once the dust settles later in the week or so, we can merge the two threads.
So I didn't realise there was another thread lol, whoops. Anyway, happy to have the email notifications back :hug:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wish I had saw this thread sooner. My email address changed, and I lost my posting privileges after updating it here because I never received the confirmation email to verify it.

Thankfully, I was able to reach out to @Barbara Fan on Facebook and she kindly passed it on to an admin for me. I'm glad to have my posting privileges restored, but it would be nice if there was a way to resolve this email issue. I couldn't even contact anyone on the site about it. It would be nice if you could at least post in the Feedback and Help forum if your email address is unverified for situations like this.

Yes, that happened to me a while back. I created a new account with an altered name just to get noticed and @Ome and @Mel O'Drama were able to help me get back in. I never did get the confirmation email though.