Emma Samms about having COVID-19

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How did she get the dang stuff to begin with?!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She said in the interview that she had been flying home from the US shortly before becoming sick. So maybe that's where she caught it?
Probably. We're virally unapologetic. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

K

Karin Schill

Possibly. I think she caught it on the flight home. But who knows?
It sucks that she's having long term problems from the disease. But at least she's still alive. So I'm grateful for that.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Some news from current issue of Soap Opera Digest!

Emma Samms, who was poised to reprise her popular GH role, Holly, in 2020, was unable to return to the show when the pandemic hit, and is herself still recovering from her own Covid battle. As a guest on Digest’s podcast, Dishing With Digest, she shared, “Unfortunately, I am still very much in the depths of Long Covid. But luckily, luckily, at this point in time, I have a voice to speak; sometimes I lose my voice. [But] I just didn’t want people to think that I had recovered and for some reason was avoiding returning to GENERAL HOSPITAL despite that.” ... When she is well enough, “I desperately want to come back” to GH, she assured. “I would hate for Holly to be forever stuck in my guest room [where she shot a scene remotely to show the audience that Holly is a captive, but very much alive]! ... And so for many, many reasons, I do hope as soon as possible to come back and finish that story.”

Last edited:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some news from current issue of Soap Opera Digest!

Emma Samms, who was poised to reprise her popular GH role, Holly, in 2020, was unable to return to the show when the pandemic hit, and is herself still recovering from her own Covid battle. As a guest on Digest’s podcast, Dishing With Digest, she shared, “Unfortunately, I am still very much in the depths of Long Covid. But luckily, luckily, at this point in time, I have a voice to speak; sometimes I lose my voice. [But] I just didn’t want people to think that I had recovered and for some reason was avoiding returning to GENERAL HOSPITAL despite that.” ... When she is well enough, “I desperately want to come back” to GH, she assured. “I would hate for Holly to be forever stuck in my guest room [where she shot a scene remotely to show the audience that Holly is a captive, but very much alive]! ... And so for many, many reasons, I do hope as soon as possible to come back and finish that story.”

I hope she does too!

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Emma Samms is currently featured in US magazines.

In the October 24th of People Magazine there is a two page feature on Emma Samms (pages 66 & 67).

Here are some of her quotes from the interview:

“I told them if I stand still for too long, I might fall over. I might lose my voice if I talk too much. I sometimes sound gaspy, I said, ‘Basically, think senior citizen and not a fit one. Just think in those terms when you are writing for me.’”

“I was always the fit one in the family, the healthiest of the lot, very strong.”

“I’m so cautious now. If I look at a distance to walk, I think, ‘How unwell will I feel if I walk?’ I’m always clocking, ‘Where’s the nearest hospital?’ My inclination is to lie still in a quiet, dark room. That’s the only safe place healthwise for me. And I am so not alone.”

“I always used to run up the stairs to get to the soundstage. If I did that now, I’d be gasping for the next 10 minutes.”

“People assume you can do more than you can, and then you have to let them down. The truth is, if I’ve made an effort and put on makeup one day, that doesn’t mean I’m feeling better. I might look better, but it means I’ll feel awful tomorrow.”

"I still am so blessed. I love where I live, I have a fantastic husband, my kids are grown and lovely. Even with Long COVID, life is very good.”

Soap Opera Digest has a four-page feature in the October 31st issue. Here are some of her quotes from the interview:

"Nobody had any answers. There were doctors I went to see in the early days who said, ‘Just push yourself a little harder every day.’ They were giving me not just bad advice, but dangerous advice. So we felt very alone in our struggle.”

"After my first day [back on General Hospital], when I realized I could learn my lines and retain them long enough to say them, and I could remember the stage directions, I definitely felt much better knowing I got through it and hadn’t caused chaos!”

“It’s completely glorious that something that I did 40 years ago still has any relevance to anyone, let alone that anybody’s interested or even excited [about my GH return]. I am so fortunate that I’ve been able to go and forge my life back in the UK and do all of the things that I needed to do, but I still have this wonderful place to come to and enjoy and just relish. And that’s thanks to the fans. I don’t take it lightly at all, their enthusiasm for my return.”

“My theory is, I have to eat, so I might as well eat in a restaurant with a friend! It was lovely to see Jack [Coleman].”

Last edited: